TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Season 7

::cries:: The last time Buffy the Vampire Slayer will ever be on network TV. Granted I have season 7 on DVD, but I will watch it anyway.

I'm probably not going to watch Season 7 until it comes on FX or DVD

You haven't seen it yet? Damn, you're missing out.

Haha I just saw a commercial for a made for tv movie on ABC Family that Charisma Carpenter is in called "See Jane Date"

Aww, she is resorting to made for TV movies on ABC Family? Please tell me this was during her Buffy/Angel fame.

SiTs need to be represented on that DVD cover! Well, actually no, but like Youth said, some Scoobage would be good.

On another subject, I got the game. I typed this up elsewhere, but here are my thoughts nonetheless:

So I just got done with my second session with the game...I'm unimpressed and disappointed.

First off, it has what I consider to be a fairly large flaw, that being the camera. It is simply horrible. While you had the ability to re-center the camera right behind Buffy at any time in the first game, such a feature is nowhere to be seen here. You just can turn it left and right using the right analog stick.

Not being able to re-center has a direct impact on the gameplay. Say you are walking around the cemetery, looking for baddies. Out of nowhere, a group of vamps come up from behind and knock you down. That is annoying in itself, but then they start gang raping you. You start to fight back, but guess what? You can't see who the heck you are beating on because you are facing the camera and you can't quickly re-center it to your character's point of view. Instead, you have to stop fighting and use your thumb to manually adjust it. Absolutely dreadful. This can lead to stupid deaths, and I can only imagine how bad this will be if there are platforming elements later on in the game.

The fighting engine doesn't seem as smooth as the one found in the first. Oftentimes I found myself hitting nothing but thin air rather than some baddie. You would think holding the strafe button would help, but the problem here is that you don't exactly lock onto an opponent. You hold the strafe button and you might just lock onto nothing and start doing combos to the villainous night air.

There is now a dedicated stake button, in the form of the small black action button on the Xbox controller. This is cumbersome.

For some bizarre reason, I couldn't dust a baddie with a shovel. Nor have I found a way to decapitate an enemy with a sword or an axe. When using those weapons, I had to press the stake button to take out a stake, stake them, and then re-equip the previous weapon. Very ugh.

And speaking of the inventory system, it's crap. If you are in dire need of a med pack during battle, you simply cannot pause the game and use one. You have to do it during battle. What makes matters worse is that to select stuff in your inventory, you have use the D-Pad (like in the first game). Because of that, you are momentarily without movement and that may spell the end of you if you are on the verge of dying.

The AI is mostly of the typical beat 'em up variety (gang up tactics, etc.).

The game reeks of unpolishedness and stupid design. Other than the aforementioned camera, sometimes when jumping, your character won't actually do the jumping animation. Instead, he or she will just go up into the air and do his or her walking animation. During cutscenes, characters don't actually open doors. When Ethan first appeared, this door magically opened for him and when he left, it magically closed. Granted, he is a pimp and probably has the power to do that, but it happens with other characters as well.

You know how Buffy couldn't swim in the first game? Well, Willow is the victim this time around as if you step into a pool of blood with her, you're dead. Brilliant.

I was stuck in one little area with Will for about ten minutes looking for some stupid key. How freakin' boring and tiresome (the whole level in itself took me nearly an hour to finish).

So far, I find the game to be just that - boring. Hooray for Eurocom. I had more fun watching the interviews found in the Extras section than actually playing. A couple are available right from the start, but you unlock the others as you progress through the levels. The compression of the videos isn't too good, though the interviews themselves are fairly entertaining and of decent length. The Joss one is quite recent; filmed in the last three months, as he talks about the end of the series.

Hopefully the game gets better in the coming levels.

NO SITS ON THE COVER! They can have an inside flap or something, but to hell with the SITs

I picked Buffy and Spike because the season focused on them the most.

I noticed I put "Help" on there twice; maybe it is because I can't stand "Him" so my brain did a favor for me or something.

And I hope the Gamecube game is better, I'm still getting it.

I believe he is.

There is now a dedicated stake button, in the form of the small black action button on the Xbox controller. This is cumbersome.

the season started before I got UPN and before I got back into Buffy. Therefore, I haven't seen it. And I'm not watching it on UPN because from what I hear the episodes aren't in order.

Yeah, I got the Xbox version. All three are the same, outside of technical aspects like graphics and the PS2 version has an extra interview with Marsters where he talks about his PS2 collection.

My problem with the stake button is that in the first game, you simply needed to press the Use button (Y) to stake. The way it is now, it feels out of place when in battle.

Guest stardust
Haha I just saw a commercial for a made for tv movie on ABC Family that Charisma Carpenter is in called "See Jane Date"

Aww, she is resorting to made for TV movies on ABC Family? Please tell me this was during her Buffy/Angel fame.

I'll admit it, I watched the movie a couple of weeks ago (it's really not that bad--then again, I'm a chick), but I think it was made after she left Angel, because she'd gained a little weight (didn't she just have a baby, though?).

Guest TUS_02

The movie was actually made before the TV show.... like 3 or 4 years I think. Plus I think Joss says there is no real corelation between the movie and the show

The movie was actually made before the TV show.... like 3 or 4 years I think. Plus I think Joss says there is no real corelation between the movie and the show

Why did you say that? We're talking about a made for Tv movie that Charisma Carpenter did.

Guest TUS_02

HAHAHAHAH, I should really stop working in the sun for 10 hours a day... I get delusional. For some fucked up reason, I thought the topic was about the Buffy movie with Kristy Swanson...

Sign in to follow this