TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Season 7

The movie was actually made before the TV show.... like 3 or 4 years I think. Plus I think Joss says there is no real corelation between the movie and the show

Don't they talk about how Buffy had a watcher before Giles..?

The movie was actually made before the TV show.... like 3 or 4 years I think.  Plus I think Joss says there is no real corelation between the movie and the show

Don't they talk about how Buffy had a watcher before Giles..?

They have made a few references to stuff that happened in the movie. They did mention her original watcher and even had a clip of him, but of course he wasn't played by Donald Sutherland.

You can still use the Y button to stake.

Wohoo! I will have to test it out later.

I'll admit it, I watched the movie a couple of weeks ago (it's really not that bad--then again, I'm a chick), but I think it was made after she left Angel, because she'd gained a little weight (didn't she just have a baby, though?).

Yeah, she made it just after she had her baby.

And yes, they have a flashback in "Becoming - Part I" where we see Buffy's previous Watcher, Merrick. Dude gives off a Wilford Brimley vibe.

A new Whedonverse factoid:

When I was looking for pics for my current sig the other day, I made my way on over to Dido's official website and saw that they had the video for her new single "White Flag" up. And guess who was in it? Boreanaz~! He sports a mustache in it. Kind of an odd look for him.

Here is the linkage if you want to check it out. Quality of the vid isn't very good, though.

He probably won't...he has to keep the timeless gimmick going, and a mustache makes him look too old.

Unless he started with one and everyone just pestered him to shave it.

I watched a bit of the marathon earlier.

I don't know about the recent afternoon schedules on FX, but their morning ones have been all wonky. Whenever Buffy is shown in the afternoon, they reair the next morning. But when it isn't shown in the afternoon, they go to their other cycle of eps for the morning shows. They were just on Season Five earlier in the week, but now they have jumped ahead to Six. It's annoying that they skipped nearly a whole season. Hopefully they get it back on track.

Did people vote on the episodes for this marathon? "Living Conditions" is on now.

I've never really seen all of "Living Conditions", but man I see a lot of the same stuff that happened when I had bad roommates in college.

Did people vote on the episodes for this marathon? "Living Conditions" is on now.

I've never really seen all of "Living Conditions", but man I see a lot of the same stuff that happened when I had bad roommates in college.

Nope I don't believe people could vote.

Yeah, no voting took place. They were just eps chosen for the whole Back to School bit.

I have some great news - another Buffy soundtrack CD is set for release on September 30th~! It's called Radio Sunnydale: Buffy The Vampire Slayer - Music From The Television Series. Virgin Records being the label this time around.

Here is the track listing:

1. Buffy Main Title Theme - The Breeders

2. Goodbye to You (Bronze Mix) - Michelle Branch

3. Bohemian Like You - Dandy Warhols

4. There's No Other Way - Blur

5. Can't Take My Eyes Off You - Melanie Doane

6. Sound of the Revolution - Lunatic Calm

7. Out of This World - Bush

8. Pavlov's Bell - Aimee Mann

9. Stop Thinking About It - Joey Ramone

10. Key - Devics

11. Ballad for Dead Friends - Dashboard Prophets

12. Original Score - Rob Duncan

So it's pretty much a Season Six and Seven ordeal. I wish more scoring was on it though, since I'm such a mark for that stuff. I'm guessing the one that is included is the Buffy/Spike theme Duncan created this past season.

Guest Sakura

The Wilford Brimley guy in Becoming Part 1 can't be the same Merrick in the movie. The movie is surely non-canon, it contradicts the show.

Wilford would be a great watcher though. He would make sure she checked her blood sugar(and checked it often).

Yeah, the movie isn't canon, so that particular Merrick doesn't really exist in the Buffyverse.

As for Brimley dude, while they don't refer to him as Merrick in the actual episode/script, he is called just that in official documentation. I have never been fond of treating stuff that is not said, done, or referred to in an episode as canon, but since it's official, it counts as such. So Wilford guy is the Merrick, Donald Sutherland be damned.

I know the Buffy comic "The Origin" takes the movie and rewrites it while keeping the canon in mind.

Edited by Cavi

I haven't really read any of the regular novels (even though I own a few), but I know people who put over the comics/graphic novels.

Oh okay.

I rented Buffy for Gamecube, and so far the game is sweet. I am stuck on one part right now, but I'll figure it out.

The game isn't very hard though. Which I like because I suck at video games, so it is nice for me. One thing that is annoying is Willow; it sounds like the American Pie Alyson, which someone else pointed out.

My dad has a bookstore and he's got a ton of the Buffy and Angel novels, they don't sell well. A lot of them are just the episodes in novel form. And others are whole new stories.

Sign in to follow this