TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest MarvinisaLunatic

Smart Marks Fantasy Baseball League?

Guest Kingpk

I'll get in on this if there's a slot still open. If not, and there are a lot of people left out, I'll start another league.

Guest jimmy no nose
Everyone else posting in this thread (who aren't signed up), didn't really convey that they "wanted in", so I'll leave it to them to post a reply.

EDIT: Rob Van Dam? jimmy no nose?

Yeah, I want to get in to this.

Guest HartFan86
So far, the league consists of:

Marvin

Me

Vern Gagne

cartman2092

Will Scarlet

DrTom

raptor

undisputedjericho

kingkamala

thepinjockey

HartFan86

CanadianChris

alkeiper

--------------

13 Teams

Everyone else posting in this thread (who aren't signed up), didn't really convey that they "wanted in", so I'll leave it to them to post a reply.

EDIT: Rob Van Dam? jimmy no nose?

Okay I lied...and I returned.

Is this thread for Dr. Tom's league? If so, hell yes.

If not, feel free to take me off.

Also, Autodraft is good with me.

Guest bravesfan
That list is for a free league and not the pay league right?

Yes.

We have 16 teams signed up, so I guess (?) that'll be enough, unless 2-4 more posters want in.

Marvin

bravesfan

Vern Gagne

cartman2092

Will Scarlet

DrTom

raptor

undisputedjericho

kingkamala

thepinjockey

HartFan86

CanadianChris

alkeiper

Rob Van Dam

jimmynonose

Kingpk

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

I think 16 is enough. And Im guessing the pay league idea is pretty much dead. I figured it would be a tough sell, so it really doesn't matter that much. Im just happy to be playing.

Guest DrTom

Ok, sorry for the delay, but the league has been setup. It's a private autodraft league, with the following info:

Name: The Smart Marks

ID #:118304

14 teams, 24 players each, AL/NL rosters

No maximum player acquisitions, 20 max trades

3-day waivers, 2 days for the commish to reject a trade

Trade deadline of 8/24/03

Starting positions: C, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, IF, 3xOF, Util, 7 total pitchers, 2 DL slots.

Categories: Hitting - OBP, R, HR, RBI, SB. Pitching: W, ERA, WHIP, K, Sv.

PM me for the password, DON'T give it out to anyone else, and don't bitch if I don't give it to you. I'll give priority to the fourteen or so people who originally expressed an interest in it.

Guest bravesfan

PH34R the BF BASHERS!*

*Subject to change, after realization that name may indeed suck...ass.

EDIT: Stupid shift button.

Guest jimmy no nose

Uh oh, 14 teams? I was listed 15th on the list of 16 people and not on the list of 13. I was the first one to mention having the league not be a pay league though. I PMed Tom only like 45 minutes after he posted that, so maybe I was the first not on the original list to do it.

Guest HartFan86

Tom, I tried PMing you, but your box is full. Let me know what you want me to do.

Guest DrTom

My inbox isn't full any longer (and actually wasn't when I logged in, so I don't know why that message would have displayed).

I chose 14 teams because I hate leagues with more than 14 teams in them. Priority will be given to people on the original list, but I'm not going to hold a spot for them for more than a few days.

Guest DrTom

Ok, for clarification purposes, here are the first fourteen people to express interest in the league (based on Bravesfan's list, plus the next person who replied):

Me

Marvin

Bravesfan (already joined)

Vern Gagne

Cartman2092

Will Scarlet

Raptor

Undisputedjericho

Kingkamala

Thepinjockey

Hartfan86

Canadian Chris

Alkeiper

Rob Van Dam

The "waiting list" will consist of the next few people:

Kingpk

Jimmy no nose

Dawn BTVS

I'm going to give those on the original list until Thursday night, after I post SD on the mainpage, to PM me for the password. That seems like a reasonable amount of time, IMO. After that, any spots not yet filled will go to those on the waiting list.

Guest Vern Gagne

Does anyone know if you can just rank players by position or does it have to be an overall ranking.

Guest DrTom

AFAIK, it has to be overall, which I'm sure would lead to position imbalances. I *greatly* prefer live drafting, but there were no times open on a weekend past this one, which is way too early, IMO. Next time, we need to get the league set up earlier.

Guest NoCalMike

if there is a free league, and a spot for me...I'm in, so just PM me.

Guest DrTom

Ok, SD is up, it's just past midnight ET, and three people on the list have not yet PMed me for the password. That means the spots fall to the people on the waiting list: Kingpk, Jimmy no nose, and Dawn BTVS. PM me as soon as you can for the password. If I don't hear from one of you in a few days, NCM gets a crack at it.

Guest Kingpk

*Bump*

Just want to keep this up top for anyone who may have missed Tom's call.

Guest Kingpk

I think we're waiting for one more team. We have 13 by my count and Tom wanted 14.

Guest DrTom

NoCalMike: the last spot in the league is now yours. Please PM me for the password.

The draft will be done after everyone has ranked their players. Personally, I'm not in a grand hurry to do that, and probably won't bother with it before sometime next week.

Guest alkeiper

I'd like to see the draft happen before the Seattle-Oakland series. That'll give us time to explore trades as well.

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

Yeah, come on, lets get this going. The season starts next week.

Guest DrTom

The season doesn't really kick off for two weeks. That silly little series in Japan hardly counts. Still, I'd like to have the draft done by then. I'm going to do my rankings in the next few days, and once I hear from NCM, we should be ready to go.

Guest alkeiper
That silly little series in Japan hardly counts.

It's been 5 months since I've watched real baseball. Believe me, it counts.

Guest DrTom

I suppose, if you still enjoy watching baseball. I've lost a lot of my love for watching it, and I now immerse myself in fantasy leagues to salvage some enjoyment from what used to be my favorite sport. It's amazing how much better and more compelling the NFL has become in recent years, IMO.

Anyway, NCM has the info he needs to join the league. I'd like to do the draft during the latter part of this week, so anyone who wants to double-check your player rankings: now's the time.