TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest wwF1587

The One and Only WWE Backlash 2003 Thread

Guest HartFan86

Alright, I'm headed out. I change into my Red Hulkamania shirt and khaki shorts...it's gunna be nice down in Mass. Hopefully I'll get lucky and meet some guys before the show...enjoy it guys.

I'm not at all excited for Brock/Cena sicne we've seen it more than once.

Only matches I have hope for are the SD tag match and MAYBE the 6 man if Nash stays out for the most part and Jericho & Book take up most of the match.

No clue on Rock/Goldberg. Goldberg was never Hogan or Taker level of bad but I still doubt rock could carry him well enough.

Guest Cerebus
I'm thinking Hardy-Kendrick or Benoit/Rhyno vs FBI to be the Heat match.

A match that is better than most of the card regulated to Heat...sigh <_<

Guest wwF1587

i must say i woke up this morning and usually on PPV mornings I am all excited for something on the card... today was just a normal day... i have no interest in this ppv at all.. but i am getting to watch it for free so HA!

Guest Coffey

Belittle me if you must, however my assumption is that Rock/Goldberg will be MotN.

Guest Anglesault
Belittle me if you must, however my assumption is that Rock/Goldberg will be MotN.

Rock/Goldie will be 6 or 7 on card of nine. At the very least, SD title, SD tag title and women's title will be better

Guest Downhome

I agree with you 100%.

Guest AndrewTS

I agree with you 100%.

IF and ONLY IF Rock and Goldie opted to "DDP" this match (plan out the entire thing in advance), just like with Goldberg/DDP.

Guest Downhome

I agree with you 100%.

IF and ONLY IF Rock and Goldie opted to "DDP" this match (plan out the entire thing in advance), just like with Goldberg/DDP.

I wouldn't say that what you just said MUST take place for it to come out the best match of the night, but it wouldn't help. I do feel that Rocky/Goldberg are so close of friends, that I'm sure they've been working together quite a bit, in preparation for this match. I don't know this for sure, none of you do also, but I just have a hunch that they've been working out/ practicing with one another to get ready in order to put out a possibly great match.

With the way that Rock does ALL of his offense with a certain flair, the way that he sells his opponents offense to make ANYONE look like gold, and mix that with the intensity and presence which Goldberg brings to the table, and add it to my above asumption. Don't forget that the crowd will be hot as hell for the match for both guys. I think we might all be suprised at the quality of the match.

Sure, it might bomb, every match has that possibility, but I'm leaning more towards it being something special.

Guest Choken One

I dunno about Special but the Heat should be great for this match and Rock will do ANYTHING to make his Buddy look good...

Speaking of which...How did these two become such close friends?

Guest AndrewTS
I dunno about Special but the Heat should be great for this match and Rock will do ANYTHING to make his Buddy look good...

Speaking of which...How did these two become such close friends?

They met on the Helldorado movie set or something, and I believe Goldberg was filming some straight-to-video bomb. I guess they've both comfortable in their status as wrestling "superstars" and they're both the shit. (Goldberg would be wrong about that, of course.).

Downhome: Okay, MAYBE that's what they've been doing, which isn't as extreme as I suggested. However, the match will basically be Rock holding his hand throughout the match except for spots they've planned out, but Rock's overselling would fit in quite well in this match.

Although I wish it was HHH here (instead of Rock) to totally expose Goldberg and kill his push...but, I must be patient.

Guest The Tino Standard

I haven't missed a PPV since July '96.

That changes tonight and I'm not even blinking an eye over it. Backlash usually isn't a show I get very fired up for, but tonight's show sends me to new levels of apathy.

Hmm.

Goldberg sucks, and Rock sucks, so that match will suck.

Brock sucks, and Cena sucks, so that match will suck.

Team Angle is eh, and Guerreros are good, so that should be fine.

Women suck.

I like most of the people in the Raw Tag Title match, but they are all part of a crap team, so that should suck.

The Kliq match will suck because Jericho + Booker + HBK - (Nash + HHH + Flair) = like -12.

Mysterio (Good, small, losing) vs. Show (Bad, big, winning) will suck.

And then of course there's OHaire (sucks) vs. Rikishi (sucks) + Piper (sucks) and Snuka (sucks)

That's a lotta suck man.

I dunno where to start on that one.

K,

Rock-Goldberg(**3/4-***) is gonna be a spectacle. A Hogan-Rock type spectacle. If the crowd are as hot as expected, this'll be pretty damn good.

Brock-Cena(**-**1/2) won't be too great for a World Title Match. They're still both pretty unexperienced, but hopefully Cena puts in a great performance.

Team Angle-Guerreros(**-**** depending on time) depends on the time given. Eddie and Chavo are two guys who can carry Team Angle to a great match, and it should work if they get the time.

Trish-Jazz(*1/2-**) At least Teddy Long gets on PPV. Let's hope he gets some mic time, and maybe even commentary. I could do with a laugh during the show. If it's the same match they usually put on, it'll be good. They've both shown they deserve the time...and helped make the Women's Title respectable again.

RVD/Kane-Dudleyz(*-*1/2) is yet ANOTHER Dudleyz Tag Title shot. Greeeaaat. If it had No DQ's then maybe it'd be better...not looking forward to it.

Y2J/HHH/Flair-HBK/Nash/Book(*1/2) better than most expect. Hopefully HHH will job to Book. Not because I HHHate him, but because it's the thing to do.

Mysterio-Show(3/4*) gonna be an anti-squash match probably. If Rey does go over. Although with Show's possibly upcoming title shot...it's more doubtful.

O'Haire vs Rikishi(*) O'Haire wins to give him a push, because Rikishi is big and beating him makes you look good...apparantly.

It'll be mediocre IMO. Nothing too offensive, just...meh.

Guest Choken One

Actully...Goldberg ISN'T that bad of a Wrestler...Hell he had a *** match with SCOTT STEINER in the dying days for WCW...

Steiner wasn't that much different in 2000 then HHH is in 03...

Guest Choken One

U know...I am starting to think...

The Six Man MIGHT be great...

U got 4 GREAT wrestlers and two guys who can pop a crowd...It could shock us...

Guest Choken One
Goldberg had a great match with DDP at Havoc 98 too.

Yeah we all know that...But Page wasn't exactly a bad wrestler you know...

Steiner MIGHT have been worse in 00 then HHH is today...

Guest Choken One

I hope they don't make it Elimination because Shawn pinning Jericho 25 seconds into it will suck

Guest tpww7

They should of made it so the person who makes the pin gets the title ala KOTR 00. Would of tied in to the HBK/Booker/Nash not trusting each other storyline.

Guest Bricks

I think the Kliq match could be good considering the Kliq will always try to make each other look good.

Guest Choken One
They should of made it so the person who makes the pin gets the title ala KOTR 00. Would of tied in to the HBK/Booker/Nash not trusting each other storyline.

Too Late for that...Because then THAT gives A great storyline for the match...

Also allows HHH to drop the title to Booker without being pinned...

Guest Downhome

As for the six-man, I expect SOMEONE to turn face/hell, it's just a hunch.

Guest Choken One

Yeah...I would say Jericho/HBK turn would work...

Shawn SO needs to be a Heel again...

Guest tpww7

Won't be Jericho, who will likely face Goldberg next month.

Won't be Flair/HHH.

Wont be Nash, who will likely face HHH next month.

I cant see HBK or Booker turning.