TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest tank_abbott

The Old School questions thread

Guest LatinoHeat

On an episode of Superstars promoting the Crush/Doink fued doink met crush in the asileway after his match and offered him a flower.

Crush then turned his back and Doink hit Crush with something causing him to knocking Crush unconcious and needing to be loaded into an ambulance.

What did Doink hit Crush with?

I believe he had a fake arm or something but what was it made out of?

It was a prosthetic arm. That show didn't 'promote' the feud, it started it. It was because of that attack that Crush missed the 93 Rumble and as a result they had the match at WrestleMania.

Here are some of the Monday Night Raws I have chosen, can anyone let me know if these are good picks.

Monday Night Raw Nov. 20, '95:

1-2-3 Kid vs. Hakushi

Savio Vega vs. Skip

Owen Hart vs. Shawn Michaels

Monday Night Raw Feb. 5, '96:

British Bulldog and Yokozuna vs. Diesel and Yokozuna

1-2-3 Kid vs. Hakushi

Bret Hart vs. Undertaker

Monday Night Raw Mar. 4, '96:

1-2-3 Kid vs. Shawn Michaels

Hakushi vs. Justin Bradshaw

Bret Hart vs. Triple H

Monday Night Raw Jan. 6, '97:

Mankind vs. Owen Hart

Diesel II and Razor Ramon II vs. Doug Furnas and Philip LaFon

Bret Hart vs. Vader

Monday Night Raw Feb. 3, '97:

Steve Austin vs. Vader

Flash Funk vs. Savio Vega

British Bulldog and Owen Hart vs. Doug Furnas and Philip LaFon

Crush vs. Goldust

Marc Mero vs. Triple H

Ahmed Johnson and Undertaker vs. Faarooq and Mankind

Monday Night Raw Feb. 13, '97:

Rocky Maivia vs. Triple H

Aldo Montoya and Bob Holly vs. Headbangers

Savio Vega vs. Undertaker

Steve Austin vs. Sycho Sid

British Bulldog and Owen Hart vs. Crush and Faarooq

Bret Hart vs. Vader

Monday Night Raw Mar. 3, '97:

Bret Hart vs. Triple H

Rocky Maivia vs. Vader

Flash Funk vs. The Sultan

Mankind vs. Sycho Sid

British Bulldog vs. Owen Hart

Monday Night Raw May 26, '97:

Brian Pillman and Jim Neidhart vs. Legion of Doom

Bob Holly vs. D'Lo Brown

Goldust vs. Jerry Lawler

Flash Funk vs. Rocky Maivia

Ahmed Johnson vs. Vader

Billy Gunn vs. Triple H

British Bulldog and Owen Hart vs. Shawn Michaels and Steve Austin

Monday Night Raw June 9, '97:

Ahmed Johnson and the Legion of Doom vs. Crush, Faarooq, and Savio Vega

British Bulldog vs. Goldust

Doug Furnas and Philip LaFon vs. Headbangers

Flash Funk vs. Rob Van Dam

Owen Hart vs. Sycho Sid

Bart Gunn vs. Billy Gunn

Brian Pillman vs. Mankind

Monday Night Raw July 7, '97:

Great Sasuke vs. TAKA Michinoku

Crush vs. Savio Vega

British Bulldog and Owen Hart vs. D'Lo Brown and Faarooq

Steve Austin vs. Triple H

Brian Christopher vs. Eric Shelly

Bret Hart vs. Goldust

The March 4 1996 raw was taped in the Cincinnati Gardens, I was there. I found the matches to be standard raw fare for that time period. None of the matches were match of the year candidates or anything. The only thing that pisses me off now about the show is due to the HBK dvd. On the dvd they list the HBK-Hart confrontation with piper where they announce the iron man rules as occuring somewhere else. The fact that I can see me a couple of rows back, as well as the Xavier banners hanging in the rafters, prove them wrong. Cincy deserves credit for that segment. Also, how stupid are the WWE producers and editors to let something like that slip?

Guest Frank_Nabbit

I have a 1994 PWI that lists the Heavenly Bodies and R n R Express as teams that competed in WCW during the 93 calender year. When and where did this occur?

I have a 1994 PWI that lists the Heavenly Bodies and R n R Express as teams that competed in WCW during the 93 calender year.  When and where did this occur?

February,Superbrawl 3.

Yeah...that Shotgun Saturday Night match was crazy shit...and one of only two things that show will be known for (other than Terri/Marlena flashing her chest)

HHH getting tombstoned and riding the escalator down to the first floor...

The only thing I'd watch Sunday Morning SuperStars on USA for was to see what happened on Shotgun the previous night since I didn't get it in my area. They'd usually show one segment from the show. I fondly remember the Austin/Funk brawl at a bar a night before the 1997 Royal Rumble.

I have a 1994 PWI that lists the Heavenly Bodies and R n R Express as teams that competed in WCW during the 93 calender year.  When and where did this occur?

February,Superbrawl 3.

IIRC, the R 'n' R's worked a few WCW TV matches prior to that PPV. The interpromotional match was hyped up pretty well, much better than the rematch at the Survivor Series that November.

Guest drdrainoscott

How exactly did Barry Windham turn face in 1991? I know that there was the attempted double turn with Luger at the Bash, but the next couple of weeks he was still teaming with Arn Anderson. What happened?

How exactly did Barry Windham turn face in 1991? I know that there was the attempted double turn with Luger at the Bash, but the next couple of weeks he was still teaming with Arn Anderson. What happened?

He was only teaming with Arn Anderson because the matches had been taped weeks before and for some reason wcw didn't change anything.

How exactly did Barry Windham turn face in 1991?  I know that there was the attempted double turn with Luger at the Bash, but the next couple of weeks he was still teaming with Arn Anderson.  What happened?

He was only teaming with Arn Anderson because the matches had been taped weeks before and for some reason wcw didn't change anything.

They couldn't change it, really. WCWSN and all their other shows were taped at least 4 weeks in advance, so they would've had to cut those matches out of the show (and since they probably didn't tape extra matches, they would've had to fill in an additional 10 mins of TV time a week with something else).

Why was Paul Ellering known as "Mr. Dot Com"in 1997?

Because he was "The Wizard of the Web" . . . and wasn't that in 1998 when he turned heel and went with DOA?

Right. WWE Magazine printed a story about how he was using his 'Internet knowledge' to get revenge on LOD by getting superstats or something (think the York Foundation's computer here).

Was Repo Man's Raw match vs. Randy Savage, Repo's last WWF match (other than WMX7)? Just had the chance to watch it and it was certainly a fun brawl. Repo taking Savage's hat is so bad it's great. Although, on Rampage 1992, Repo did try to repossess the WWF Title Belt against Savage. More goodness from my early 1990s idol.

Was Repo Man's Raw match vs. Randy Savage, Repo's last WWF match (other than WMX7)? Just had the chance to watch it and it was certainly a fun brawl. Repo taking Savage's hat is so bad it's great. Although, on Rampage 1992, Repo did try to repossess the WWF Title Belt against Savage. More goodness from my early 1990s idol.

I think you mean the 8 man tag at Wrestlemania 8. But I'm pretty sure Repo Man was in the 93 Rumble, and probably wrestled for a few months after that into 1993. Check Cawthon's page if you wanna know for sure. :)

Was there any reason in particular that Doink was turned face in 1993? Were they not happy with how he did as a heel, or just wanted to freshen the character up?

Was there any reason in particular that Doink was turned face in 1993? Were they not happy with how he did as a heel, or just wanted to freshen the character up?

Doink lost to Bret at Summer Slam and took crap from Lawler on a King's Court shortly following the PPV. That pretty much did it right there.

Was Repo Man's Raw match vs. Randy Savage, Repo's last WWF match (other than WMX7)?  Just had the chance to watch it and it was certainly a fun brawl.  Repo taking Savage's hat is so bad it's great.  Although, on Rampage 1992, Repo did try to repossess the WWF Title Belt against Savage.  More goodness from my early 1990s idol.

I think you mean the 8 man tag at Wrestlemania 8. But I'm pretty sure Repo Man was in the 93 Rumble, and probably wrestled for a few months after that into 1993. Check Cawthon's page if you wanna know for sure. :)

His last recorded match in WWE prior to WMX7 was on 3/28/93 in LA (where he lost to Typhoon).

Guest drdrainoscott

I was looking at Cawthons site, and I was trying to figure out just how Demolition turned heel in 1990. Before Crush joined the team, Smash teamed with BA (I'm assuming it was Bryan Adams just under a different name). But they went from fighting Andre & Haku to fueding with the Harts and the Rockers out of nowhere. What happened?

Doink lost to Bret at Summer Slam and took crap from Lawler on a King's Court shortly following the PPV. That pretty much did it right there.

Was throwing the water on Bobby Heenan the official face turn or was that just a lead in to it?

Was throwing the water on Bobby Heenan the official face turn or was that just a lead in to it?

That was just a lead in. He didn't turn face until Lawler bad mouthed him and the feud with Bam Bam began shortly thereafter.

I was looking at Cawthons site, and I was trying to figure out just how Demolition turned heel in 1990. Before Crush joined the team, Smash teamed with BA (I'm assuming it was Bryan Adams just under a different name). But they went from fighting Andre & Haku to fueding with the Harts and the Rockers out of nowhere. What happened?

The Harts challenged the winners of the tag title match at WrestleMania - which immediately put them in the title picture once again (after a good 9 months or so).

Shortly after the PPV, and with the Harts on their tail, Demolition introduced Crush (initially known as BA before making his TV debut) and used the third man advantage to win their matches, turning heel in the process.

Anybody know the original date of the Flair / Hogan / Undertaker Funeral Parlor segment in November?

The air date or taping date?

IIRC, that was on 'WWF Superstars' which would have meant it was taped either 9/30/91 in Wheeling, WV (those tapings went until 11/2) or 10/21 in Ft. Wayne, IN (with tapings aired through 11/23).

In Flair's DVD, he states that his one year run with the WWF in 1992 was one of the greatest runs he felt he's ever had.

My question is - if this run was so much fun for Flair, then why did he leave? What drew him back to WCW? Also, how the hell did WCW survive '92 without their biggest star?

Thanks in advance

UYI

In Flair's DVD, he states that his one year run with the WWF in 1992 was one of the greatest runs he felt he's ever had.

My question is - if this run was so much fun for Flair, then why did he leave? What drew him back to WCW? Also, how the hell did WCW survive '92 without their biggest star?

Thanks in advance

UYI

Flair left because Vince was trying to push him down to midcard and wcw survivied in 1992 because of the dangerous alliance,Sting,Cactus Jack and Vader.

In Mick's book he talks about a relationship he developed with a veteran of the ladies circuit prior to meeting Collette. Does anyone know who this is, he said Adrian Adonis wrote a song about her called "Mighty Big Girl".