TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cheex Incarnate

New Metallica CD

I myself have been a pretty consistant Met' fan since I heard AMster of Puppets. I have all of their albums, including the Binge & Purge box set. I saw a video for one of their songs on thier new CD St. Anger (their first studio album in a good 5 years, i think). The song seemed pretty disjointed, and obviously a retreat from older Metallica. I'll buy it just to have it and the DVD it comes with. Anyone else?

-Cheex

Guest Alcohol Fueled

Is this the music thread? I didn't think so, now somebody move this.

Guest DrTom

This isn't the Dickhead folder, either.

Though it DOES come with a DVD, this really should be in music.

Guest Alcohol Fueled
This isn't the Dickhead folder, either.

Though it DOES come with a DVD, this really should be in music.

Nor is it a flaming folder either, Mr. Mod. ;)

Guest AM The Kid

Shit disturber.

Anyways, I think I'm going to buy the cd, I've heard mixed reviews though. I'd like to see what others think of it as well before I shell out twenty bucks.

Guest Alcohol Fueled

It was alot better then Load or Reload, as good as the black album, but doesn't touch their first four though. IMO

Guest redbaron51

better than the Black Album and And Justice For All, but not better than Load

Guest raptor

I really enjoyed it. Without the benefit of time, it's better than Black Album onward.

Guest crandamaniac

Is the rest of the cd better then that St. Anger song? I heard that song today and seriously thought it was a big pile of crap. Hopefully the rest of the cd isn't like this

Guest CoreyLazarus416

St. Anger = ReLoad

Sorry, but it is. St. Anger is nothing but songs that sound like they're off of ReLoad, only in Drop-C.

I only put it higher than The Black Album for overal historical reasons. But, based on pure music, it's right above ReLoad (and ReLoad is at the bottom of the list).

Guest DARRYLXWF

THERE'S A NEW METALLICA C-D!?! Gee, you guys have been pretty quiet about it.

Guest mesepher

not really, there are three threads about it.

Guest DARRYLXWF

not really, there are three threads about it.

Next time I'll put *note sarcasm* at the bottom

Guest Memphis

Oh look, ANOTHER Metallica 'St. Anger' thread.

Mine owns all of your asses.

M

Guest it-lenny

St Anger isnt too bad, better then their last few albums.... well worth the download :D

Thanks Lars :cheers:

Guest Agent of Oblivion
St. Anger = ReLoad

Sorry, but it is. St. Anger is nothing but songs that sound like they're off of ReLoad, only in Drop-C.

Is it really? Oh man..I haven't even heard the whole thing, and I'm pretty sure I know what it sounds like..people have hinted at it, with the Korn comparisons, and the stale songwriting, but know that I know they try to drop down lower like that..I think the optimum comparison might be..newer Machine Head. Man oh man, did that group ever go to shit.

Guest The Grand Pubah of 1620

Like I said in another one of these threads, SA is 100's of times better then Load or RL. It is definately a step in the right direction.

Now somebody said it was better then Justice and I just laughed. Whoever said that, thanks, I needed a laugh.

I think the optimum comparison might be..newer Machine Head. Man oh man, did that group ever go to shit.

That's what working with Ross Robinson will do to a band. He brings them down, kind of like Bob Rock.

I dig the new cd, with the exceptions of "Frantic" and "St. Anger." Besides those two tracks, it's not half bad.

Guest redbaron51

Tell you the truth

I though AJFA was poorly done IMO. I mean sure, solo's were good and so were some of the songs, but something was missing. Like a bass.

Something else was missing (and it still is) a diversity of solo's (pentatonic abuser right here Mr. Kirk Hammett)

God awful drumming.

Only thing was decent was the riffs and lyrics.

Besides St. Anger was done correctly for the time. If they went back to the glory 80's, the solo would be chewed out, disgruntle teenagers would be pissed since all they can do is play power chord riffs in C-Tune. MTV hates guitar solo's, and lyrics that doesn't simplify to their standards. Too me, Metallica went balls out on the album, and made a splendid album, but like Corey stated tons of times. This album is good for a band, but its not like Metallica to do this.

At least its better than most junk out there.

Guest Agent of Oblivion
though AJFA was poorly done IMO

I agree with that statement.