TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Mighty Damaramu

Freddy vs. Jason

Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20
Celebrity Frightings Jason's had the pleasure to knock off Crispin Glover (''The Final Chapter'') and Kelly Hu (''Jason Takes Manhattan''). On the flip side, Corey Feldman kills him in ''Final Chapter'' -- at least until lightning resurrects the corpse in ''Jason Lives.''

What the hell...

Kevin Bacon isn't a Celebrity ?

Guest Stennick

I'm huge fan of both these movie franchises and I can't wait for it to come out. I didn't even realize it was coming out at all. I had heard nothing but rumours about it last year, then I pick up my Entertainment Weekly (don't leave Illinois without it). I saw it was coming out August 15 and I almost came in my pants right there.

I know both franchises have seen better days, from everything I've heard its going to be better. Although that might be like saying Brock vs. Big show at Survivor Series last year was good because they took something shitty and made it as good as it could be. I'm really hoping this is just a bad ass movie. I'm so going tommorow. I can't wait.

I've been rooting for this movie to be a major hit. I hope its successful enough that we get a rematch.

I can't believe how excited I am about this movie. I guess its just been a while since I was really "into" a Jason or Freddie movie and growing up I couldn't wait for the next one to come out so they could scare the shit outta me. I think its more this time me looking forward to seeing two guys beat the hell outta each other.

Should be fun!

Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20

::Notices Stennick Sig and Avatar::

Hmmm, have I seen it before ?

Guest Stennick

shit man, I had no idea, hey I'm gonna change mine, atleast thanks for not being a dick, I just saw it myself. I was like wait a second I didn't say that shit. Atleast great minds think a like.

Just saw it....

Spoiler (Highlight to Read):

Jason pwned Freddy.

People at the fridaythe13thforum.com are already calling it one of the best in either series.

Guest Lethargic

I just came back. My immediate reaction is that it's a shame that after 10 years of trying, this is the best they came up with.

It's not bad, it's just not good. It's middle of the road. Can't hate it, can't love it. It's blah. The fight was really cool. But the build up to it was horribly boring and the ending was ultimately something of a let down. This is the first movie out of either series that after watching, I don't immediately say I wanna see that again. Right now I have no desire to see it again. Once again, I'm not saying it sucks or is terrible or anything, just doesn't exactly light a spark or whatever. It had some cool moments but they were few and far between. The script was one of the dumbest out of either series. There were times I really thought, even in the Friday movies, the characters were never THIS dumb. And yes, I really thought the movie missed Kane Hodder. I know a lot of people probably won't notice, but to me Jason was really boring and his presence was really lacking. Even the death scenes were pretty lame most of the time. Actually the first Jason kill was the only one that had any sort of gimmick to it. Everything else was just hack, slash, no pizzaz or flare or whatever you wanna call it. Humor was also something the movie desperately needed. It showed up when the "Jay" character showed up for a few minutes but that was it. I think that was the main problem, when it all gets down to it, the Jason and Freddy movies are fun. This movie was not fun at all. It was just shove these two guys together and let them fight while the chick from Destiny's Child shows what a bad actress she is.

Guest Ram

On the other side of the spectrum...

I loved it! I thought the build-up was great in establishing everything and leading to the big blowoff matchup.

In the final scene, I don't think Jason was actually walking back out of the lake in reality, I think he went back in to sleep mode and Freddy invaded his dreams there. But maybe that's obvious...

I might go see it again soon. Though, I DO think Hodder should have come back. The new guy played Jason okay, but acted kind of awkward in some of his scenes. I can forgive that. He needed more hate in his eyes though. He was kind of bland facial expression wise, but whatever..

Edited by Ram

Guest wrestlingbs

Just saw it. 1000X better than Jason X (then again, that's not saying much) and a really fun movie. Not really that scary, yet it was still chuck full of horror (like RE is a horror game, but SH is a scary game). The new guy did an ok job as Jason, and Robert England(sp) is stillas a good as Freddy as he was back in the first movie. The other characters had much more to do with the plot, and in some parts that's a bad thing. I mean, this is supposed to be Freddy vs. Jason! But I was pleased about the job they did with the story and fans of both series will love it.

As for the ending...

I think it was kind of like the Japanese version of Godzilla vs. King Kong, where Kong wins but there's a hint Godzilla's still there. And who woulda thought jason wins by killing Freddy with his own arm!

Guest wrestlingbs
Question: Is this like a Godzilla movie where you have to wait an hour or so into the film before you see what you paid the ticket for?...

Kinda. They meet up near the middle.

Oh, and for those who thought they movie wouldn't draw, the theater I went to was PACKED! Hard even getting out of the parking lot.

I think it was kind of like the Japanese version of Godzilla vs. King Kong, where Kong wins but there's a hint Godzilla's still there. And who woulda thought jason wins by killing Freddy with his own arm!

Jason only impales him. The girl's the one who technically "offs" him.

Though Freddy ain't dead. He's just a head.

Guest El Satanico

The theater i went to was also packed with a youngish crowd that looked like a Jason and Freddy crowd.

This movie may do better than even I thought. I was figuring around 20 mill.

All together I was entertained. It did a good job of bringing up the histories. It also did a good job of getting them in a position to fight each other that made sense within the rules.

The first half could've been better, but it wasn't that bad. The last half was great.

Also, If there's a sequel it will be interesting to see how the ending affects it.

Will they now team up with Jason as the brawn and Freddy's head as the brains?

I liked it. The fight scenes were good. Although Kevin Smith should get something out of the movie, thay had an obvious Jay ripoff character. And I know I'm not expecting great acting in these, but the Destiny's Child girl was 10 different kinds of bad.

The crowd poped huge when she died

With places still out of power the movie will take a hit, although it was packed where I was.

And the only thing to bug me too much

The kids think this shit up pretty quick. Gee, water will hurt Jason and fire will hurt Freddy...I guess we just know this

And like every Jason and Freddy movie, why do they try and give some of the characters storylines? No one cares.

And it was a pro Jason crowd

Guest El Satanico
And the only thing to bug me too much

The kids think this shit up pretty quick. Gee, water will hurt Jason and fire will hurt Freddy...I guess we just know this

they were tossing ideas around and they knew jason drowned and that Freddy was burnt. It's not that surprising that someone would come to an conclusion that water and fire may be their weakness

Personally, I loved it!

It was 2 hours of non-stop mark out moments for me. Taking the mythos of both characters, intertwining them well while still keeping them both strong AND giving us a great fight at the end and I'm VERY satisfied.

This film surpassed my expectations by leaps and bounds and I couldn't help but mark out at all of the little inside jokes that were thrown out.

I marked out for the random goat in the dream.

I marked out for the intertwined Freddy & Jason theme RIGHT IN THE BEGINNING.

I marked out for the homage they paid for the pool scene in NOES 2.

I marked for the use of the NOES footage towards the beginning of the film.

I marked for the mere MENTION of Hypnocil, much less the fact that it played an important part of the storyline.

I marked out for the gratuitous nudity.

I marked out for truly getting into Jason's pysche.

I marked out for some of the very cool death scenes.

Shit, I marked out when I saw Sean S. Cunningham and Robert Shaye's name side by side in the Producers credits.

All in all, I'd say that this was absolutely incredible, I'm seeing it again and I highly recommend it for fans of either series.

Dames

Our theater sold out the last two showing tonight, which sucked, but when does a horror movie released in the summer have a last showing on a Friday at 10:20!

Personally, I loved it!

It was 2 hours of non-stop mark out moments for me. Taking the mythos of both characters, intertwining them well while still keeping them both strong AND giving us a great fight at the end and I'm VERY satisfied.

This film surpassed my expectations by leaps and bounds and I couldn't help but mark out at all of the little inside jokes that were thrown out.

I marked out for the random goat in the dream.

I marked out for the intertwined Freddy & Jason theme RIGHT IN THE BEGINNING.

I marked out for the homage they paid for the pool scene in NOES 2.

I marked for the use of the NOES footage towards the beginning of the film.

I marked for the mere MENTION of Hypnocil, much less the fact that it played an important part of the storyline.

I marked out for the gratuitous nudity.

I marked out for truly getting into Jason's pysche.

I marked out for some of the very cool death scenes.

Shit, I marked out when I saw Sean S. Cunningham and Robert Shaye's name side by side in the Producers credits.

All in all, I'd say that this was absolutely incredible, I'm seeing it again and I highly recommend it for fans of either series.

Dames

I marked out for the bag being put over young Jason's head (shades of part 2) as well as KRGR being the TV station and what appeared to be "Part VII" on the TV in the psych ward before the news came on.

Guest Lethargic

Yes, the gratuitous nudity was a major plus.

I still just think it could've been better. The script was the right way to go, it just needed to go further. Another couple of drafts or something to fix a few problems and it could've been perfect. There was just way too much exposition for me. Instead of showing us what happened or is happening, they just SAID it in the dialogue. That's like the first thing you learn in screenwriting isn't it? Movies are a visual medium, you don't SAY something, you show it if at all possible.

Plus, I was perfectly content with the movie after the first ending, I liked it, it had a perfectly acceptable ending to me. Both of them were dead, neither got the upper hand, neither character's fans would be upset. I was very happy with it. Then they put that last little bit to show Freddy's head and that turned me way off. I didn't like that. Besides the lack of humor and fun, that's my biggest complaint. I would've had left the theater perfectly happy if that 10 extra seconds hadn't been there.

Guest KJ Brackish

I just got back from seeing FvJ. I thought that movie totally ruled all! I can't wait to see the Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I mean the preview was scaring people in the theatre already. My lil' buddy was scared shiite-less after the movie. It was really a good movie and I give it 10 * out of 5*!

DFA

Me and my friends had a long argument about who truly won. I mean the war isn't over but Jason won the battle. I mean come on....he walked away with the guys head. It was a badass fight though. I was hoping for everyone to die, including the two main characters, and only one of them to be left alive.

I haven't seen many Friday the 13th movies so I was wondering....was Jason always weird looking...even as a kid? I always thought drowning made him look deformed. Oh and that scene where it showed the camp counselors having sex...did they really do it out in the open like that? Like I said...I haven't seen many Friday the 13th movies.

Although I have to say I liked the scenes with Jason killing much much better than Freddy. There was just something brutal about what Jason did.

Oh and did it feel to anybody else like Jason was the quasi-hero and Freddy was the main villain? I guess it's b/c Jason doesn't talk but I felt that way.