TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Mighty Damaramu

Freddy vs. Jason

Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20

Um, what's with all this talk about Breasts?

I saw 4, meaning 2 females.

Not that I look at these kind of things.

Anymore pictures of her?

I remember when she was on Undeclared I thought she was hot. She may look a little like Brittney Murphy(who i dislike greatly) but I think she's hotter.

She also played Abby on Dawson's Creek (If there are any other fans besides myself).

83.jpg

I liked the movie a lot. Blood, Guts, cheap-thrills/scares, tits & campy comedy. Face it, NOES was a comedy series after part 2.

I liked it a lot. The purist side of me tends to think 28 Days later was the better HORROR flick, but this was definately more fun and the theater I was in LOVED IT.

Guest EQ

I really liked the movie. I liked that you didn't really need to know too much about either series to enjoy the movie, although I probably would have noticed more inside stuff had I seen everything that came before.

Spoiler (Highlight to Read):

I was kind of disappointed that Jason "won". I'm a Freddy fan by default seeing as how I've never seen F13th movies, and I've seen 3 NOES movies. Thanks to this movie, though, I want to go back and watch the rest of the Freddy movies and the Jason movies.

Guest Black Tiger

I just got back from the movie. There is one thing I want to tell anyone reading this. If you are ever being chased by a crazy killer. For gods sake get to the nearest mall. The mall I went to had every door unlocked, (I parked in the wrong area and I was afraid I'd have to walk all the way around to get to my car, nope I left the same door I came in) and when I left the theater there was no staff at all. We could have done whatever we wanted.

I'm hoping Widro on 411 lets me do my column on this film, I'd really like to discuss it at length there is a lot of psychological depth to the film, that it actually enriches the experience for the viewer but I do have one complaint.

In all of the F-13 films, Jason was never once afraid of water. There was even a couple of times he'd go right into the lake in order to kill his victim

I did enjoy the movie, but I didn't really like how little of the F-13 backstory that was used. They did a superb job at giving the history of Freddy, but Jason has just as much of an interesting story and none of it was used.

There was one moment that completely did it for me though.

The first shot of the house makes it perfectly clear that the house is 1428 Elm St.

As both a fan of the NOES and F13 series. This was a total mark out moment for me.

Guest El Satanico

In all of the F-13 films, Jason was never once afraid of water. There was even a couple of times he'd go right into the lake in order to kill his victim

I did enjoy the movie, but I didn't really like how little of the F-13 backstory that was used. They did a superb job at giving the history of Freddy, but Jason has just as much of an interesting story and none of it was used.

He had a traumatic experience with water that killed him, so I'm sure deep down at some deep psychological level Jason has a fear or water. Freddy is all about finding your weakness or fear and using it on you in the dream world. It's not that crazy of an idea to believe that Jason buried the fear when he returned as an unstoppable angry monster with the only thing on his mind being revenge and Freddy managed to unbury it within is mind while in dream world.

I think they did a good job of covering Jason's story. They covered how he died, why he kills and what Jason's mother did in the first movie. The only major Jason story they didn't address was Tommy.

Tommy had a character arc from Fridays 4-6

In 4 he was a young kid (played by Corey Feldman) who actually kills Jason by hacking the sumbitch apart at the end.

In 5 he's in an institution that's actually more like a halfway house now that I think about it.

In 6 he's out and on a mission to take Jason out for good.

5 kind of sucks...but 4 and 6 are my two favorite Jason movies.

I liked the movie a lot. Blood, Guts, cheap-thrills/scares, tits & campy comedy. Face it, NOES was a comedy series after part 2.

I liked it a lot. The purist side of me tends to think 28 Days later was the better HORROR flick, but this was definately more fun and the theater I was in LOVED IT.

28DL was more suspense than horror..

Yah except, Jarvis pretty much is solely responsible for bringing back Jason in the zombified mode which made him even stronger. He killed him, but then brought him back to life, what a fuck-up. And at the end of part 5, it seems like they are eluding that Tommy is gonna become a new "jason voorhees" yet part 6 picks up with him back to his normal Jason-hating self.

Tommy Jarvis in Part 6, was played by the guy in ROTLD.

He had a traumatic experience with water that killed him, so I'm sure deep down at some deep psychological level Jason has a fear or water. Freddy is all about finding your weakness or fear and using it on you in the dream world. It's not that crazy of an idea to believe that Jason buried the fear when he returned as an unstoppable angry monster with the only thing on his mind being revenge and Freddy managed to unbury it within is mind while in dream world.

Think about it this way: In the real world, Jason is a man on a mission, that mission being to avenge his 'deaths' and the death of his mother. He's a mongoloid, he's got a one track mind. Water doesn't bother him, its just part of the job.

But on the inside, in his head, where his dreams occur, he's a sad little boy who was tormented and drowned. He's vulnerable there. Notice he wasn't afraid or freaking out in or around the lake in the final battle.

Guest Big_Jay101

You can say Jason won , but its bot the truth. he didn't lose but he took the bigger ass whoopin. He didn't kill Freddy is why he didn't win and Lori did. Jason did help but he didnt do it. So it was a tie and freddy was a live. If new Line dosent make a sequel they will be burying themselves in there own grave

Guest El Satanico

Think about it this way: In the real world, Jason is a man on a mission, that mission being to avenge his 'deaths' and the death of his mother. He's a mongoloid, he's got a one track mind. Water doesn't bother him, its just part of the job.

But on the inside, in his head, where his dreams occur, he's a sad little boy who was tormented and drowned. He's vulnerable there. Notice he wasn't afraid or freaking out in or around the lake in the final battle.

That's exactly what I was trying to say...thanks for wording it better.

speaking of the water thing

they said soemthing about Freddy being pissy about fire (which never seemed true before), I think the loudest pop of the night in my crowd is when Freddy was in the burning house and out of nowhere here's a pissed Jason and Freddy has this "oh shit" look on his face

Guest Lethargic
speaking of the water thing

they said soemthing about Freddy being pissy about fire (which never seemed true before), I think the loudest pop of the night in my crowd is when Freddy was in the burning house and out of nowhere here's a pissed Jason and Freddy has this "oh shit" look on his face

Yes, that was one of the coolest moments in the movie for me being the Jason fan. When he turned around and the music kicked in and you knew Jason was fixing to open a can of whoop ass that put a huge smile on my face. "Ok, I was bored for an hour but here's the moment I came to see!"

Ok, so people have explained the water thing. What about this.... How is it that over 20 years Jason has been shot, stabbed, blew up, burned, drowned, you name it and none of it did a damn thing to him. But they were able to drug him? What? Drug Jason? How do you drug a dead person? For that matter, why was he spewing blood out everytime Freddy stabbed him? He's a walking corpse. Why is he bleeding?

Don't ask for logic when it comes to jason :)

And I can almost seem him being drugged. It said right on the thing how it was to be deluted 1000/1 or something. Basicaly meaning 1,000 drops water for 1 drop of whatever that was

Jason has basic motor functions and is able to think clearly, so I didn't mind that.

Whatever happened with Corey Feldman ? I remember him signing on to return as Tommy Jarvis, then dropping out.

That's the one thing I was always pissed off about.

They never mentioned him after Part 6.

Ok, so people have explained the water thing. What about this.... How is it that over 20 years Jason has been shot, stabbed, blew up, burned, drowned, you name it and none of it did a damn thing to him. But they were able to drug him? What? Drug Jason? How do you drug a dead person? For that matter, why was he spewing blood out everytime Freddy stabbed him? He's a walking corpse. Why is he bleeding?

The "just what the hell is Jason, anyway?" debate has been done to death a billion times, but here's my take on it, and why said drugging might work:

I don't think Jason is so much a walking corpse, as a partly-dead body which keeps trying to regenerate itself, but is falling apart at the same time. Jason X dropped a couple of references about Jason's body healing from any damage, no matter what the cause. So I don't think he's a zombie; more like an undead guy whose body keeps trying to heal itself, but is rotting away at the same time. That's why he can be "killed", but can always come back: the damage becomes too strong for his body to handle, and he goes into a coma, until some outside catalyst wakes him back up. Ergo, if he was dosed with massive amounts of a really strong tranquilizer (and remember, they kept shooting him up with more and more of it while they had him tied up in the van) would put him to sleep until his healing factor could kick in and expel the toxin from his system.

NOES was comedic after part 2? I thought 3 was pretty damn serious myself, aside from the amusing dream with Freddy being the "houseguest." It was very downbeat otherwise.

That's exactly what I was trying to say...thanks for wording it better.

Yeah, you had it, it was just worded ambiguously for someone who didn't get it.

Guest Lethargic

But if you go by the series continuity, which means you have to ignore Manhatten, since it was ignored by Goes to Hell, AND ignore Goes to Hell since it was ignored by Jason X. And since you're mentioning Jason X, you're including it.....Jason has never really BEEN killed ever. The only time he was killed was in Part 4, then he came back from the dead as the super zombie in 6. But since he came back to life he hasn't been killed, only trapped in the lake waiting for a chance to get out and kick some more ass. Nothing has ever bothered him at all except when his body was totally taken apart in X and even then, once he got put back together he was just fine. Ever since he came back in part 6, I don't remember him having a circulatory system that would 1. allow him to bleed and 2. allow drugs to circulate through his system. I might not just remember it right now, but I don't remember him bleeding since part 6.