TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest razazteca

Fantasy Football

Guest Kingpk

Yeah, I'd like the draft date to be changed to either Friday or Saturday. It's early so I assume that there are some weekends still open.

Also, be ready to stick around for 3+ hours if you want to make every pick yourself, especially if someone can't make it and has the computer pick for them. It takes the whole minute or so to pick.

Guest Lightning Flik

Wow... Shit, I hope a lot of people show up if it takes a minute.

And you better believe the cellar dwelling Crimson Storm will be making the picks live. Trust me. I'll be the worst, as this is my first year doing this. I'll be the very worst.

Hm... Still though, I've got the 8th pick? Hm... Decisions... Edit: Oh, look at this. It's totally randomized. Last time I checked, I had 8th pick... Weird. Oh well. Might get lucky and get the first pick of each round. Oh well, I'll still make shitty picks.

Guest Flyboy
Trust me. I'll be the worst, as this is my first year doing this. I'll be the very worst.

This is my first year as well. We shall both suck.

EDIT: Making the draft on Thursday or Friday would be ownage.

Guest Kingpk

There is no draft order yet. The order will be randomly selected 30 minutes before the draft starts.

I'm gonna tone down the number of Pats players I pick. Brady's slump in the middle of the season killed me.

Guest Lightning Flik
Trust me. I'll be the worst, as this is my first year doing this. I'll be the very worst.

EDIT: Making the draft on Thursday or Friday would be ownage.

Why not Thursday during Smackdown? Seriously. Like make it during Smackdown so that that way, at least we know most people will be watching SD, so they'll probably be able to be there for the draft.

As for my being the same as someone else in suckage... No worries. Don't mind sharing the cellar throughout the season, but I wanna make sure that I take the trophy for worst team when it's over.

Hehe.... I'm all over the place. I'm just picking people left, right, and center. And not most of a single team. I like variety.

Oh and, just curious, 30 mins before the draft we'll know who picks what, eh? Interesting. As I'm wondering who'll get first pick. I so want it to be me just so I can see whom I can mess up.

Guest LaParkaMarka
I'm surprised Shawn Alexander is still ranked so high. He is good, but top 10?

I guess people are thinking the Seahawks are up for a banner year, due to the way they ended things. If they do have a banner year, it's going to be because of one Matt Hasselbeck, who is ranked rather low.

Anyways, there is no way I'd pick Shaun Alexander over, say, Donovan McNabb. Strange, strange rankings.

Guest Lightning Flik
I'm surprised Shawn Alexander is still ranked so high. He is good, but top 10?

I guess people are thinking the Seahawks are up for a banner year, due to the way they ended things. If they do have a banner year, it's going to be because of one Matt Hasselbeck, who is ranked rather low.

Anyways, there is no way I'd pick Shaun Alexander over, say, Donovan McNabb. Strange, strange rankings.

Whatever the rankings are, I could care less about. Just pick whom you want and go with it I say.

Guest Dangerous A

Here's a tip.

Running Backs, running backs, running backs.

And if you have room, get more running backs. I'll have to look to see how the recievers score, but you need running backs something fierce.

Last year, I had second pick overall and took Kurt Warner. In hindsight that was a terrible pick. I lucked out by having Ricky Williams drop to the 23rd overall pick in our draft and I picked up Clinton Portis off of the free agent list after the 3rd or 4th game. You have to keep an eye out for hot players that are going to get a chance to play because of an injury or whatever oppurtunity presents itself.

Running backs that get a lot of recieving yards are gold. That's why Priest Holmes and Marshall Faulk are 2 of my top backs in fantasy. Running backs are have the best chance of scoring the most for you, that's why they are so valued in fantasy. You might also want to check out a fantasy draft magazine or two to see what so called "experts" say.

Guest Kingpk

Or just check out ESPN and the Sporting News' fantasy web sites, and you'll save a few bucks. It's good to have them open during the draft, just to look over whose left while you're waiting.

Guest El Satanico
Running backs that get a lot of recieving yards are gold. That's why Priest Holmes and Marshall Faulk are 2 of my top backs in fantasy. Running backs are have the best chance of scoring the most for you, that's why they are so valued in fantasy. You might also want to check out a fantasy draft magazine or two to see what so called "experts" say.

Another reason why rbs are so valuable to fantasy football. There's so few good rbs out there that the pool is alot thinner than any other position. There's plenty of good QBs since you only need one starter, but you need two starting rbs.

Guest razazteca

Is Thur everybody's fav day for the draft? What time would you like, morning, afternoon, evening?

Guest jimmy no nose

Ah looks like I missed this thread, I saw that more leagues were being set up, so is there room anywhere for one more? I won last year's league.

Guest razazteca

Its possible but its up to everybody else to agree to expand to the full 20. I got some angry comments the other day when I let some people in late.

Guest Lightning Flik
Its possible but its up to everybody else to agree to expand to the full 20.  I got some angry comments the other day when I let some people in late.

Raza YOUR the commish (Edit: I think) of this fantasy league. If you wanna let in a couple of people (or let's say twenty or so) fine. Go right ahead. Besides, this will make choices become worth while in the draft.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

Gah! way to set up the leagues while I'm outta town you asshats. Let me know if you decide to expand at all.

PS: LT = my #1 pick.

Guest Dangerous A

Dammit. I'll be away on my honeymoon. I'm not saying you have to change it, I'm just venting publicly is all.

Guest Kingpk

"No, it's not that I don't WANT to, it's just that my fantasy draft is today, and I need time to study and prepare. I know you'd understand.

Honey?"

*Sound of car peeling off followed by plane flying overhead*

Guest razazteca

Just think after a bad draft you can go out and drink you worries away.

Ok, I'm going to set up a Yahoo league anyway with a friend, so anybody who didn't make the cutoff here is welcome. Not to say that you're baned if you're in the other leagues or anything. I'll do the 20 teams, assuming we can get 20 people. Yahoo's spouting some shit about a password so I'll have to see what that's about.

And it ain't set up yet, keep your pants on.

Guest razazteca

My autodraft league, I think I did well considering I was 8 out of 10 in the draft. I find hard to believe that I was able to get LT in the 1st round.

QB - Chad Pennington

RB - LaDainian Tomlinson, Corey Dillion

WR - Keyshawn Johnson, Peerless Price, Marty Booker

TE - Randy McMichael

K - Jeff Wilkins

DL - Terrell Suggs

DB - Bobby Taylor, Shawn Springs

Bench - Trent Green, Antwaan Randle El, Amos Zereoue, Drew Bennett, Dallas Clark

Since we're posting autodraft teams, here is mine. I too, got LT in the first round, and I was #1 overall.

QB - Jeff Garcia

RB - LaDainian Tomlinson, Jamal Lewis

WR - Amani Toomer, Darrell Jackson, Isaac Bruce

TE - Jerramy Stevens

K - Jason Elam

DEF - Pittsburgh

Bench:

QB - Drew Bledsoe

WR - Chris Chambers

WR - Charles Rogers

TE - Kyle Brady

RB - Stacey Mack

K - Ryan Longwell

Guest jimmy no nose

Smell the ratings!!!, I guess I didn't get in the other league so I'm up for yours. Keep me updated on the situation with that.

Guest razazteca

I will ask for either Shaun Alexander or Deuce McAllister.

I am waiting until Wed for the waivers to clear before I send out the trade request.

Guest razazteca

Well might as well go the full 20.

Last call who wants the final spot?

what the hell I'll take it.

no nose I'm still gonna do the other one so I let you know once it's officially whatever.