TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

Dames Explains All Column...

Guest Goodear

Austin can't let the punk ass attack him while he's backstage since he needs that stuff to happen in the ring (which he out and out said). So in order to keep Kane as placated as possible, he doesn't look at him.

Well...let's see. Kane was wearing a black towel over his head, which doesn't allow you to fully see his face very well. Plus, he doesn't exactly want to be seen and has been beating up people badly backstage.

I know that if I were Austin and Kane believed that he was ugly and could snap at any moment, I wouldn't want to look him right in the face either, for fear that he might snap and chokeslam him though the office table with his bad neck. It did seem as if Austin would look at his face and then look away, almost in disgust...but it could have been caution. He never outright stated that Kane was hideous, did he.

Dames

Guest Anglesault
He never outright stated that Kane was hideous, did he. 

Lawler and JR did.

OMG HOW HIDEOUS MUST HE BE IF AUSTIN CAN'T LOOK AT HIM!

Well...let's see.  Kane was wearing a black towel over his head, which doesn't allow you to fully see his face very well. 

The camera got a good shot later in the show and when Kane whipped around in the chair

I know that if I were Austin and Kane believed that he was ugly and could snap at any moment, I wouldn't want to look him right in the face either, for fear that he might snap and chokeslam him though the office table with his bad neck.

Steve "Chokeslam me, damnit!" Austin?

Guest wrestlingbs

Good article, Dames. Unfortunately the WWE will probably contradict itself next week by saying something else.

On a side note, does anybody see J.R. returning with a mask? I would just think it would be cool to come down the ramp in red and speak with a voice box.

He never outright stated that Kane was hideous, did he. 

Lawler and JR did.

OMG HOW HIDEOUS MUST HE BE IF AUSTIN CAN'T LOOK AT HIM!

At that point, they mistook Austin's actions as being repulsed by Kane's face. Easy misunderstanding blown up tenfold by their hyperbole.

Well...let's see.  Kane was wearing a black towel over his head, which doesn't allow you to fully see his face very well. 

The camera got a good shot later in the show and when Kane whipped around in the chair

That still doesn't mean that you want to look at someone.  Honestly...you're from NYC, you should know.  You see some guy who LOOKS pissed off walking in the street, are YOU going to look him in the eye?  You don't know what the guy is thinking.  He could FUCK you up just for looking at him wrong. 

I know that if I were Austin and Kane believed that he was ugly and could snap at any moment, I wouldn't want to look him right in the face either, for fear that he might snap and chokeslam him though the office table with his bad neck.

Steve "Chokeslam me, damnit!" Austin?

A chokeslam in the ring is NOTHING compared to a chokeslam through a wooden oak table. Not only that, but that was Austin talking to Pussy Kane, not Kane who kills and maims midcarders backstage.

Dames

Guest Dynamite Kido

Dames....to think I thought you were going to slam the hell out of this thing.

Well, I've only gotten one REAL negative piece of feedback on it, but it comes from someone who tends to be negative so I don't sweat it.

It is surprising how many people dug it though.

Dames

Guest Anglesault

Scary looking (In a violent way) is different than ass ugly

I might have to do a Why the Kane storyline DOESN'T make sense article to combat it, Dames. :P

Actually, I think that's a cool idea.

Every week, Pick two people with opposing viewpoints on a topic, and let them do point/counterpoint type thing.

You could also go in that direction, but I was thinking more along the lines of closing the gaps...which would lead to him being a face when everything ends up revealed.

Right now, Raw desperately needs a top babyface that isn't the GM of the company.

Dames

Guest PowerPB13

Nice job on the column.

It's a shame that WWE doesn't put as much thought into their own storylines as the people who watch their shows.

I'm a Kane fan(*holds out arms for people to put nails in hands*), so I'd like to think this will turn out well for him.

However, as I've found in recent times, things don't turn out well as often as I'd like them to.

-Patrick, who hates WWE but maybe not for the same reasons as other people...

You know what's funny....I'm not a Kane fan at all. I literally took 10 minutes out of my day at work to think of the plotholes and originally wrote it up as a post.

Dames

Guest Anglesault

My idea has been no sold. :(

Well, I didn't want to personlly do it, and it might be hard to find two who want to put up opposing columns every week.

Guest Goodear
My idea has been no sold. :(

Well, I didn't want to personlly do it, and it might be hard to find two who want to put up opposing columns every week.

Considering that we disagree on damn near everything, it wouldn't be all that hard. Of course, I would have to actually wright a column fulll time again.

AS, I was going to speak to you personally about it. It has potential, but not in the format that you're thinking of.

Dames

Guest Anglesault
AS, I was going to speak to you personally about it. It has potential, but not in the format that you're thinking of.

Dames

It's not like had the fromat idea set in stone anyway. :)

Guest JRE

I was actually thinking through the story last night and was going to write a story similiar to this. Good job Dames.

A few additions in what I was going to write though...

...On the Katie Vick part I was going to have Kane wear a mask. Instead I was going to use Katie dumping him a as a buildup for the psychological damage he suffered. For example, Paul would always explain to him that he was ugly...but Kane doubted this in the real world until he was poorly recieved by someone else he cared about, and assumed it was because of his physical self, rather than his weird personality.

...Also, I thought up a scenario where his voice was damaged in the fire and while it was a rather easy problem to overcome (as he began talking quite easily under X-Pac's guidance)...he didn't want to talk due to all the problems in his life, and thus the conditioned would just worsen.

...Also I thought up something along the lines of Kane gradually becoming more confident as his clothing lessened and he found people weren't laughing at his "burnt" arms and other "burnt" exposed areas of his body. Confidence which would lead to more personality such as goals involving championships and patriotism (seen in defending the WWF in the invasion and defending the USA against the UnAmericans.) But the face stood still as ugly in his mind.

Guest Jobber of the Week
Dames Explains All Column..., AKA My Credibility Down the Toilet...

(Waits until nobody is looking, then flushes.)

There are still logic gaps in it, such as how Kane was able to shoot fire before, but come on...you're asking TOO MUCH!

He focused his chi.

See, no plot holes.

Guest Slapnuts00

Dames, awesome job. I would seriously send that to WWE. Even if they steal it, it would at least give them coherent direction.

Oh and I have a solution to the hair thing!

Ok, now in the past when Kane was unmasked (like against Undertaker a few years ago or when Evolution did it) Kane always hid his unburnt face with his hair. Now a few weeks ago before the match Kane knew the possibility existed that he would be unmasked and therefore prepared for it by rubbing dirt and crap on his face and chopping off the front of his hair so if he had to show his face it'd be as scarred as he always claimed it was. Realizing he looked ridiculous he shaved it. There you go.

Guest CanadianChris

Good attempt. I probably would've enjoyed it more had Eric S not done basically the same thing in his 411 column yesterday.

Guest CanadianChris

Yours was good, and you carried it farther than he did. His just gave me all kinds of preconceived notions, that's all.

Guest JMA

The entire "Kane" gimmick was WrestleCrap material from the start. It reminded me of the lame Dungeon of Doom monster gimmicks. That, and B horror movies. I doubt the gimmick can be salvaged.

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

I started to read it until I realized it was fantasy booking.