TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest welshjerichomark

English Football

Guest CurryMan

According to Mikael Nilsson local newspaper and Halmstad BK, Southampton has given a bid for the Swedish nationalplayer. Nilsson is a rightwinger that is just now playing wingback in the nationalteam.

I'd like to see Leicester sign some players under 30 years of age for a change. It's possible he's getting some experience in first and then going down that route later but we'll have to wait and see, Adams has said we need to reduce the average age of the squad.

So far we have signed Dion Dublin & Danny Tiatto, both for free of course!

We have West Ham at home first game and then Derby and Millwall away.

According to Mikael Nilsson local newspaper and Halmstad BK, Southampton has given a bid for the Swedish nationalplayer. Nilsson is a rightwinger that is just now playing wingback in the nationalteam.

Yeah, his agent was on five live talking about the deal, its looking pretty well done now, he was also talking about how friendly southampton was as a club, and how killer and anders really enjoy playing there, and had said nothing but good things about him, apparantly hes playing tonight on the left, but out of position.

Liverpool on the first game of the season? I'm happy with that, especially as they're the only team that Helder Postiga scored a league goal against last season. My only worry is that Robbie Keane has been linked with a move to Man City, plus Santini has issues with Kanoute, thus leaving us with Postiga, Defoe and Rebrov as strikers, only one of whom has any kind of Premiership form.

Remember Moldovan and Raymond Vega scoring against England? It's not the first time that kind of thing has happened and it won't be the last either. Vega's goal was in a freindly but it was still embarrasing, Moldovan was a Coventry reject but Vega was a laughing stock at the time. Leicester have always suffered from a similar kind of thing. Ian Rush scored three goals for Leeds I remember right and two were in the same game against us. Then there's Darryl feckin Powell scoring against us for bloody Derby and the best of all, Francis Benali scoring his one and only career goal at our expense, and that was when we were good!

Then there's Darryl feckin Powell scoring against us for bloody Derby.

I was sat in the old Kop at Filbert Street that day, I had to act all disappointed else run for my life.

In other news, Newcastle are favourites to sign James Milner from Leeds for £4m as Bobby Robson continues his quest to rebuild the entire Leeds side for Newcastle.

A lot of people are predicting him to be a top player and a future England regular so that could be an absolute bargain for Newcastle.

I'm glad Gerrard stayed, there's no chance this year but i'd love to see the title go back to Anfield before too long. Houllier going is a start I suppose.

You could easily get 6 points, Leeds will be under pressure big time and are a Club with a premiership reputation yet averge Mid table "championship" players and Leicester's old timers(Wilcox,Dublin and Mcateer) should crumble if you put them under enough pressure.

Newcastle are favourites to sign Kluivert.

He'd be a perfect replacement for Shearer. He's big, has a powerful header and is a decent finisher. Maybe a bit temperamental, but a lot of the best players are.

Anyone watching the Copa America? I'll watch the Argentina and Brazil games even though they haven't picked their stars, The only players I know in the Argentina team are Saviola,Aimar,Ayala and D'Alessandro and Brazil's is far worse in terms of stars but at least I can see one of my CM 4 Gods(Mancini) in action and I can see some of their youngsters.

Argentina have Medina(played 1 worthington cup game in a few years at Sunderland) who awful and yet they haven't picked Arca.

Brazil Squad

Here's the full Brazil squad and you'll see my point about "Stars".

Argentina Squad

Anyone know if Figueroa is the guy who left Birmingham without scoring a Goal?

Edit: The Peru/Bolivia game has 2 of the best Goals I've seen in ages, I hope SKY has a highlights program.

Surprise, surprise, the papers were wrong about Beattie going to Newcastle(again), man its the worst kind of lazy journalism, they grab Beatties name, put in a random top club, then a random figure, then flog the story for about a month, this has happened 4 seasons in a row now.

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame
Anyone watching the Copa America? I'll watch the Argentina and Brazil games even though they haven't picked their stars, The only players I know in the Argentina team are Saviola,Aimar,Ayala and D'Alessandro and Brazil's is far worse in terms of stars but at least I can see one of my CM 4 Gods(Mancini) in action and I can see some of their youngsters.

Argentina have Medina(played 1 worthington cup game in a few years at Sunderland) who awful and yet they haven't picked Arca.

Brazil Squad

Here's the full Brazil squad and you'll see my point about "Stars".

Argentina Squad

Anyone know if Figueroa is the guy who left Birmingham without scoring a Goal?

Edit: The Peru/Bolivia game has 2 of the best Goals I've seen in ages, I hope SKY has a highlights program

Surely you also know Zanetti and Kily Gonzalez?

Brazil haven't got their big guns out but they do have Diego, Mancini (who is indeed a D/AMR god in CM) and Adriano there. They also have possibly the youngest squad ever for a nation in a FIFA recognised tournament.

Surely you also know Zanetti and Kily Gonzalez?

Brazil haven't got their big guns out but they do have Diego, Mancini (who is indeed a D/AMR god in CM) and Adriano there. They also have possibly the youngest squad ever for a nation in a FIFA recognised tournament.

Is it the same Zanetti that got the 2nd Argentina goal in the World Cup 98 2nd Round match?

I have heard of kily Gonzalez, he's listed as Kily in the squad which is why I didn't recognize him.

As for Mancini I got a huge shock in CM 03/04 when I searched for him and found him at Roma, I had to wait 3 seasons to get him.

Edit: Tonight was great football and well worth staying up for, 11 goals in 2 matches and seeing D'Alessandro(1 goal) and Saviola(3 Goals) play as good as they do on CM, Delgado of Ex-Southampton fame got a goal to which was pretty funny,The Zone where coaches are allowed to stand was right near the mic so you could hear the Ecuador coach giving instructions while his side were 4-1 behind sounding pissed off.

Argentina seriously are great and if the coach dropped Veron and Crespo for D'Allesandro and Saviola then they'd be unbeatable, Can't believe Barcelona are thinking of loaning Saviola out as he's 3rd choice behind Ronaldinho and Larsson and Rijkaard doesn't want Saviola sat on the bench.

Edited by deancoles411

Lets do the yahoo one, cos that goes more on skill of the players and more chances for points for different things, rather than just goals scored and conceded

I'm up for fantasy football too.

So far, Pompey have had a diabolical close season. The only first team quality player we've signed so far is Andy Griffin from Newcastle. Hopefully, though, we'll be signing Ricardo Fuller, Lomano Lua Lua and David Unsworth next week.

I really can't see us staying up this year.

Guest CurryMan

Count me in, I usually suck at these kind of things because I never change player and such but sometimes has to be the first time I get something right.

Yeah, I'm up for it, although considering that I had a forward line of Helder Postiga and Diego Forlan last year, which I never got round to changing, I don't see myself winning.

Nice to see that, despite selling Postiga, Spurs decided to buy another Portuguese player (Pedro Mendes), so we can keep the "He comes from Portugal *clap clap* He hates the Arsenal *clap clap*" chant in place.

Guest frowned

yup - I'd be up for some FF, I really sucked at the one I did for the European Championships but I could do with some time wasting.

So far, Pompey have had a diabolical close season. The only first team quality player we've signed so far is Andy Griffin from Newcastle. Hopefully, though, we'll be signing Ricardo Fuller, Lomano Lua Lua and David Unsworth next week.

I really can't see us staying up this year.

At least you've got a Goalscorer in Yakubu, West Brom,Palace,Blackburn and Man City don't have one and your home form should ensure you stay up comfortably.

Middlesbrough now must have the ugliest player in the premiership, I think Michael Reiziger would take Luke Chadwick's place because of the way his mouth sticks out.

What's up with Leicester getting David Connolly for £500,000, I hate the bastard(scored 4 goals against us in a 6-1 home defeat against Wolves in 98/99) but surely a West Brom or a Crystal Palace could have bought him.

Guest CurryMan

There are a few here from Wales right? Last night I watched Oster vs TNS FC and I must say that I´m surprised that they can´t bet a second division team from Sweden who got to the UEFA cup trough being a nice ass team who didn´t recieve enough yellow and red cards.