TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest welshjerichomark

English Football

I'd have Alan Smith in myself, I think England are missing out big time as he's a great example of a versatile modern forward who can adapt his game to the needs of a particular match very effectively. Considering we have 3 players in the mold of Owen, Rooney and Vassel featuring the extra options Smith would bring to our attack seem even more wasted.

If Ashley Cole has many more games like last Saturday then Bridge is going to be knocking on his door very loudly. I've been caught out of position less myself when i've played crap in local football, it looked amateur. Give it a couple of years (maybe) and Glenn Johnson will be our new right back (I hope).

Why do you rate Jeffers?

Anyway why does no one seem to talk about James Beattie, he is playing well and deserves a chance I reckon

Oh and Red vs Blue is an online cartoon based on Halo, the link http://www.redvsblue.com/.

One of the characters is called Caboose. IMO a very funny cartoon.

He's always been there to put them in consistantly (Well, when he plays, he doesn't get a chance at Arsenal, maybe he will at Everton) like at U21 level, him and Christie = gold.

Also, what the hell happened to Peter Crouch?? He was this amazingly (tall) goalscorer, went to villa, and comitted career suicide.

I'd have Alan Smith in myself, I think England are missing out big time as he's a great example of a versatile modern forward who can adapt his game to the needs of a particular match very effectively. Considering we have 3 players in the mold of Owen, Rooney and Vassel featuring the extra options Smith would bring to our attack seem even more wasted.

If Ashley Cole has many more games like last Saturday then Bridge is going to be knocking on his door very loudly. I've been caught out of position less myself when i've played crap in local football, it looked amateur. Give it a couple of years (maybe) and Glenn Johnson will be our new right back (I hope).

Ashley Cole.

No.

Also, what the hell happened to Peter Crouch?? He was this amazingly (tall) goalscorer, went to villa, and comitted career suicide.

He got Pompey syndrome.

Every now and again, we get a great striker who plays for us, does amazingly well, looks like a Premiership player, decides to go to a bigger club, and flops flat on his arse.

See also: Guy Whittingham, Lee Bradbury, Gerry Creaney, Deon Burton. Remember them? Thought not...

Peter Crouch I always thought was useless, he was just very tall. Which might work well in the lower divisions but not at Premiership level.

Also, 2-0 against a team of part timers, oh dear oh dear oh dear. But England won so roll on Turkey.

He got Pompey syndrome.

Every now and again, we get a great striker who plays for us, does amazingly well, looks like a Premiership player, decides to go to a bigger club, and flops flat on his arse.

See also: Guy Whittingham, Lee Bradbury, Gerry Creaney, Deon Burton. Remember them? Thought not...

Guy Whittingham

^^^

I remember him moving from Villa to Sheffield Wednesday in exchange current Derby player Ian Taylor.

Lee Bradbury

^^^

He joined Derby on loan this season but got injured.

Deon Burton

^^^

Went between Pompey and Derby last season.

Interesting links between these players you mentioned and Derby!

Did Frank Lampard even touch the ball last night?

I rate Lampard highly, but he's not Beckham, Scholes, Gerrard class, so he wont be a regular.

I'd even go as far as to put Joe Cole in the team before him.

He got Pompey syndrome.

Guy Whittingham

^^^

I remember him moving from Villa to Sheffield Wednesday in exchange current Derby player Ian Taylor.

Lee Bradbury

^^^

He joined Derby on loan this season but got injured.

Deon Burton

^^^

Went between Pompey and Derby last season.

Interesting links between these players you mentioned and Derby!

Yeah, you always seem to get our old players and managers. See also, Jim Smith, Daryl Powell, Martin Kuhl, Mart Poom.

Jim Smith - Did a VERY good job.

Daryll Powell - Oh my god. Worst Player Ever. We used to joke about Powell scoring a goal every game, and one time he did! at Highbury too! He was useless, absolutely crap.

Martin Kuhl: Ha! Legend!!

Mart Poom: The best goalkeeper in the Premiership at one point, put him in a Man United shirt and he WOULD be the best.

Guest The Hamburglar

As a neutral, let me say this of the England football team. They suck. Dear god, they suck. Is there a major country that plays a more hideously boring, soul-destroying type of football than England? They're like an international version of Liverpool. To make matters worse, I'm not allowed to appreciate two of their best players because of how disgustingly over-hyped and over-rated they are, namely Rooney and Beckham. Beckham has a wonderful right foot and is the best striker of a dead ball in the world, Rooney is an exciting young talent with bags of potential, can't they be left at that? The crazed jizzing over these two is demented. As a neutral fan of football, and I would assume most other neutrals would feel the same, I want to see Turkey beat England next month. Turkey may have mad crazed fans who BRING FIRE AND DRUMS AND INCOHERENT CHANTING whilst worshipping enormous placards bearing the visage of Hakan Sukur, but there can be no doubting that Turkey are more pleasing to watch as a team than England. They can pass the ball and everything. Besides, England will fuck up, simply because they think they will win. England are best when expectations are low, like against Argentina at the World Cup or Germany in Munich, and indeed Turkey earlier this year. They weren't favourites going in but managed to rise to the occasion. However, when they think they have a god-given right to the result, England tend to cock up. But hey, who am I to talk, at least England don't have Kevin Kilbane in their team.

All England need is a draw. Even then whoever finishes second must be fancied to go through from the play offs. I think we will see both teams in Portugal next year.

England will get a draw. It's easy to be critical of them, but they've put in the big performance when it counts (Turkey at home) and the rest of the time just done enough to get the result (except Macadonia at home).

People need to calm down about Rooney. He played well, but it was against Lichtenstein, and he had a free role. When he has to play against top international defences, is man marked, and still scores, then we can start comparing him to Owen.

All England need is a draw. Even then whoever finishes second must be fancied to go through from the play offs. I think we will see both teams in Portugal next year.

I hope not, as there is a chance that the runner up in englands group, in this case Turkey, might end up playing Wales.

<<< Due to his love for a Welsh girl, has a love for the Welsh side.

Ipswich have got West Brom, a game we usually win in previous years. However as it is away I am feeling a little full of dread.

<<<< Hates West Bron, but has Norwich as his second favourite team... 0-0!!!