TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
King Cucaracha

***Smackdown Spoilers***

Ok, I couldn't read through the 10 pages of nothingness from the other thread looking for spoilers, so I decided to post them here. Oh, and AS...I have a feeling you'll be pissed off, so read with caution...

Dark Matches

1) Solo d. Tony Kozina. Crowd was into it only because it was the first match. The crowd before this had popped huge to the sound check guy, and the lights being dimmed. Solo won with a slightly messed up move similar to the move Rey Mysterio does coming off the top rope and sitting down on the opponent.

2) Ultimo Dragon d. Shawn Evans. Dragon's flames were HOT!!! And it was awesome to see such a great international star, but the match was short. Lots of kicks from Dragon. Evans got in some offense, but Dragon won with the reverse sommersault into a ddt.

3) Kanyon d. Keji Sakoda (spelling) Sakoda was announced as being from Fresno, but he was also announced as being from Bakersfield back in February, so I guess he's the "hometown" representative for Smackdown. Kanyon won with a version of the downward spiral, where he jumped and brought his opponent down.

note: this match may air on velocity, since the velocity video was on during it, but I'm not sure.

Velocity Taping

No velocity pyro for this one. I think it had to do with the low ceiling at Sellend Arena, because the Fire Marshall was out in full force around the pyro guys all night. They introduced Josh Mathews and The Cat. The Cat tried to get Mathews to dance, but it didn't work, so he danced instead.

1) Orlando Jordan d. Nunzio. Didn't really pay much attention to this match for some reason. Jordan looks a lot like Billy Blanks, you know, the Tae Bo guy.

2) Basham Brothers d. Spanky and Funaki. Awesom match!! Spanky is amazing to see live, and the Basham Bros. have some nice double team moves. One such move was Danny slingshoting Spanky and Doug coming off the top to bulldog him on the way down. Spanky hit several dropkicks, and side kicks. He took a nasty fall down onto the steps at the end. And that allowed the Bashams to hit a combonation Clothesline into a Russian Leg Sweep for the win on Funaki.

Smackdown

Video played of the past two weeks with 3-on-1 handicap matches. Tazz and Michael Cole snuck out to the ring while the video was playing. Pyro went off, and Smackdown is under way with.......

Stephanie comes to the ring saying Vince is taking care of Linda, and she's going to be taking Smackdown back tonight. She announces no more handicap matches, and that it will be the Big Show and Benjamin and Haas versus Lesnar, Angle, and Zach Gowan. John Cena comes out and talks about how he had a dream about Stephanie last night. He raps about being excited by her, but in a clumsy way like he's trying to be smooth. He offers Steph $20 to rip Sable's top off. Then he says he wants to smack her ass. So Steph lets him. This brings Sable up on the video screen saying how she always knew Steph liked being slapped around. She shows the footage of her beating down Steph last week. Says something about how wonderful she is, then gets mad at Steph for not agreeing (I heard Steph say nothing about disagreeing, so they might dub something in) Steph says she's gonna get Sable, and Sable invites her to the back.

Match 1) Rey Mysterio and Kidman d. Matt Hardy and Shannon Moore. Rey was pretty over here in Fresno. His entrance looks even cooler from eye level. Rey hit a nice face buster, that started out with him in a victory roll position on Shannon. Hardy and Moore worked over Kidman, until the hot tag came to Rey. Rey cleaned house, then tageed back in Kidman. Rey hit Shannon with the 6-1-9, then proceeded to hit Matt Hardy with a split legged moonsault from the top rope onto the floor. In the ring, Kidman hit the shooting star for the pin.

The screen cuts to Steph running around the back looking for Sable. She goes to jump a blonde in the make-up area, but its Torrie. She proceeds to find Sable and begin beating her against a limo. She throws Sable onto the trunk, then pulls off her top. Sable's breasts were exposed, and shown fully for a quick second before she jumped into the car. Steph was about to bust the window with a pipe, when Vince appeared. He said he answers to neither Stephanie nor Linda, and if Stephanie wasn't careful she'd end up laid up like Linda.

They replay last week's $25,000 offer by Jaime Noble to Torrie. Which leads into......

Match 2) Billy Gunn d. Jaime Noble. A quick match the Gunn won by swinging Noble from a scoop slam position into a version of the urange.

After the match, Torrie said she'd sleep with Noble next week on Smackdown if he beat Billy Gunn at Vengeance. Noble excepted. Then Billy tried to show his ass, but the referee wouldn't let him. He kept motioning to Billy to keep his pants pulled up. Finally Billy mooned the crowd, which was followed more pleasantly by Torrie mooning the crowd.

APA was shown in the back. Steve Lombardi showed up asking to be in the Barroom Brawl on sunday. Bradshaw told him to prove himself, then he'd be invited. Oh yeah, and they said during the segment that Brother Love, and Doink the Clown would be in it too. Nice how they bring in Doink for a PPV, but Matt Hardy, Ultimo Dragon, and Spanky are left without good matches.

The new Mayor of Fresno Eddie Guerrero came out in a low rider chevy. The crowd loved Eddie, and thats an understatement. The crowd was chanting "Eddie, Eddie" 10 minutes before his segment, when they were positioning his car backstage. Eddie cut a promo about Chris Benoit and him coming up together. From Japan, to ECW, to WCW, and finally the WWE. Eddied called Benoit his best friend, which brought Chris out to the ring. Benoit talked about Eddie having many best friends lately, and it being months since they talked. Eddie said he was lying, and he hated Benoit. They jaw-jacked a little more, and Eddie was about to leave, and Benoit challenged him to a match. He called him Homes, and Essa, which drew loud boos, and lead into more "Eddie, Eddie" chants. Guererro said he'd wait til sunday, but then jumped back into the ring to attack Benoit. Benoit threw him around, then out to the floor, where Eddie sprayed him in the eyes with something. This brought out Rhyno to the rescue, and lead to.....

Match 3) Eddie Guerrero d. Rhyno. A slow paced match at first, but it soon picked up. Eddie hit a beautiful top rope hurricanrana. Rhyno went for the gore, but Eddie moved out of the way. Rhyno stopped to avoid the ref, but caught a low blow from Eddie. A funny moment saw Eddie smile and wink toward the camera while the ref was checking on Rhyno. Eddie dropkicked Rhyno in the face, and pinned him with help from the ropes.

A desire video ran for the Undertaker, which lead into John Cena cutting a monster promo on Taker from the middle of one of those flaming stars on the ground that they say you'll get sucked down into hell by standing inside one. Anyways, awesome promo with Cena talking about Taker not wanting to pass the torch to the new legend.

Match 4) APA d. FBI. Stamboli was kicked right in the face by Palumbo, and I'm pretty sure it rung his bell, if not knocked him out for a few minutes. Bradshaw hit the clothesline from hell (which should be called the clothesline from contempo casual with the way bradshaw is all clean cut and bleach blonde) A very short match. O'Haire, the Bashams, Brooklyn Brawler, and Albert came down to assault the APA.

Zach Gowan is shown getting ready for the main event, when Mr. McMahon comes in. He says he wont attack him tonight, but that on sunday people will fell sorry for him for the beating he will receive from Mr. McMahon. Zach calls him a disgraceful human being, in which Vince threatens to attack Zach, but Brock and Kurt show up to chase off Vince.

Match 5) Big Show and World's Greatest Tag Team (WGTT) d. Lesnar, Angle, and Gowan. Angle started off wrestling against Benjamin and Haas. Lesnar tagged in and hit an awesome belly-to-belly suplex on Haas where Lesnar neve left his feet, but suplexed Haas clean over his head. Gowan tagged in and Lesnar threw him into the tag champs. He then hit a slingshot leg drop on Benjamin. Gowan was looking good until the Big Show tagged in. Show manhandled Gowan, going for the chokeslam, but having it broken up by Lesnar. Gowan finally tagged out, but was tossed off the apron, and landed hard on his back by the Big Show. That brought out Mr. McMahon who hit Zach in the leg with a chair. Refs helped Zach to the back, and we now had a handicap match. Show and WGTT worked over Angle before he tagged in Lesnar. Lesnar cleaned house, hitting two more awesome standing belly-to-bellys before tagging Angle back in. Kurt went for the ankle lock on Show, but it was broken up with Lesnar tried to F5 Haas, but swung him into Angle. This allowed Show to hit the chokeslam on Angle for the pin. After the match Lesnar laid into Show with a chair, before Angle and he started arguing. Both men went for their finishers on the other, but they were reversed. Finally the Big Show grabbed them and chokeslammed them both. End of Show.

After the show, John Cena was outside signing autographs for a good 30 minutes. Matt Hardy was also out signing autographs. And I was able to get a V1 high five from him. Kanyon showed up to sign more autographs, and Brock Lesnar was seen jumping into his car and speeding away through the parking lot.

A good show overall, and it did a good job putting more emphasis on the main event, as well as continuing to set up the Vince-Zach match. I thought the Guererro-Benoit stuff was good, and Cena was outstanding with his promo on the Undertaker.

Guest BionicRedneck

Why is Stephanie McMahon being booked as if she is a bad ass? I mean c'mon! Stephanie McMahon!

Anglesault will be pleased with that main event result :lol:

Although, doesn't that suggest that Angle is going over at the PPV?

Guest Retro Rob
Why is Stephanie McMahon being booked as if she is a bad ass? I mean c'mon! Stephanie McMahon!

Steph is actually pretty wild in the ring. I mean go back and look at her feuds with Trish and Lita.

Guest Polish_Rifle

Why are Rey and Kidman getting a title shot at the PPV? They haven’t even crossed paths with the champs and their suppose to have a match at the PPV? This is shaping up to be one horrendous PPV. 2 McMahon matches, no Matt Hardy in a Smackdown only PPV and they push the FBI for weeks against the likes of Brock and Taker and come PPV time, they are nowhere to be seen…go figure.

Guest Retro Rob
Why are Rey and Kidman getting a title shot at the PPV?

1) They are the strongest team on SD!

2) It will be used to start the Rey-Kidman feud.

3) The match should kick all kinds of ass.

Guest wrestlingbs

The APA thing sounded good to start with, but now with Doink and Brother Love involved I'm positive it will suck now. Look's like we have the Redneck Triathlon Part II.

Wrestlers not on the PPV:

Matt Hardy

Shannon Moore

Ultimo Dragon (who just debuted)

FBI

Orlando Jordan (who also just debuted)

Wrestlers(?) on show:

Billy Gunn

Zach Gowan

Stephanie

Sable

Vince

Brother Love

Doink

I'll admitt there are some great matches on there, but it's like the product has to struggle against Vince Mcmahon's own bad ideas.

Guest Nevermortal
Match 2) Billy Gunn d. Jaime Noble. A quick match the Gunn won by swinging Noble from a scoop slam position into a version of the urange.

Bah, don't tell me Billy Suck took the Catatonic.

Its official...Eddie is the new Rock.

Oh and Angle jobbing possibly means he'll be winning the title this weekend. I had for a while thought Brock was a lock to retain but with the talks of a Brock/Vince match and now this I'm actually not sure who's going to win this weekend. I still would prefer Brock retains and then drops the title to Angle at SummerSlam.

Guest RavishingRickRudo
Then he says he wants to smack her ass. So Steph lets him

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST! DON'T YOU ALL SEE!!!~~~~~~ASS IMPLANTS~~~~~!!!

RRR: Right all along.

Guest edotherocket

Ass implants, Rudo?

I don't think she needs the assistance really.

Guest edotherocket

So this process entails implanting a new higher set of cheeks? Weird. I've never heard of this before.

Guest Lightning Flik

:huh: So let me get this straight. The FORMER CRUISERWEIGHT Champion got left off of the Vengeance card? Damn... Plus Ultimo Dragon hasn't done ANYTHING other than two matches on Smackdown (I mean the actual TV show, not the whole event) even thought they pushed him as an overly talented star (which he is from all accounts) and will not be doing anything on Vengeance. Then we have Tajiri and Rhyno neither in a match yet they were both in the United States Title Tourney and both will not be on the card so far...

Hmph... Typical WWE.

And damn this Smackdown just kills any hope I had of Vengeance.

Guest Retro Rob

It is quite apparent now that the Ultimo Dragon was signed for the sole purpose of having another big "hometown hero" for when SmackDown! does tours of Japan.

Guest Lightning Flik

Guess your right Rob. Still though, it's stupid for them to hire Ultimo Dragon and try to get him to help out the cruiserweight division (cause that's all Vince would let him do) and then have him get buried down to Dark Matches. Isn't that a little bit insane with probably the amount of money they are giving him (which probably was quite a bit)?

Guest Retro Rob

Well at least he got to fulfill his dream and wrestle at MSG... in a squash match against Matt Hardy's lackey and resident JTTS Shannon Moore.

Guest Lightning Flik
Well at least he got to fulfill his dream and wrestle at MSG... in a squash match against Matt Hardy's lackey and resident JTTS Shannon Moore.

Hm... True, but wasn't his other goal to wrestle at a WrestleMania?

...oh wait. Vince will let him wrestle at WMXX in some throw away match.

Um, Tajiri not being booked could be based on the fact that Eddie took him out so they're having him sell the injuries by staying off-camera... But the lack of Matt, Ultimo, and Rhyno is madness. Thank god that these split PPVs are putting hot new talent on PPV like... um... Doink...

Guest Polish_Rifle

A Smackdown only PPV with no CW Title match. That makes a lot of sense. So much for Cole shilling the fact that CWs can only be seen on SD!

I guess Lita won't be coming back for another month now that Hardy is off the PPV. Oh well, that's one more PPV I'm saving my money on.

Guest Choken One
Um, Tajiri not being booked could be based on the fact that Eddie took him out so they're having him sell the injuries by staying off-camera... But the lack of Matt, Ultimo, and Rhyno is madness. Thank god that these split PPVs are putting hot new talent on PPV like... um... Doink...

The real question...

Who plays Doink?

Lombardi is doing Brawler...

Guest JRE

The real question...

Who plays Doink?

Lombardi is doing Brawler...

Jericho?

Guest Anglesault
Kurt went for the ankle lock on Show, but it was broken up with Lesnar tried to F5 Haas, but swung him into Angle. This allowed Show to hit the chokeslam on Angle for the pin. After the match Lesnar laid into Show with a chair, before Angle and he started arguing. Both men went for their finishers on the other, but they were reversed. Finally the Big Show grabbed them and chokeslammed them both. End of Show.

Hey, maybe it means Kurt's going over.

But I HATE the double chokeslam spot. It makes them look like jobbers

Guest FeArHaVoC

I'm making a prediction now..

Angle wins the title Sunday.

SummerSlam will be Lesnar Vs Vince and Angle Vs Cena with Cena going over.......

Guest The Mighty Damaramu

Part of me wants to say that they need to pull a double turn with Benoit and Eddie.

Since Eddie's so over it would be real easy to turn Benoit into a heel in that match since they'll probably be booing him against Eddie already.

Hmm....