TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Yuna_Firerose

X-Men: Evolution

Wanda is my favourite character, but I am really warming up to Pietro now that he is becoming a darker character. I too like the Brotherhood better than the X-Men. I like the Acolytes better than the X-Men too for that matter.

Impact is the best episode of the series thus far.

I missed the episode after Rogue went around stealing everyone else's powers, which kinda sucks, but oh well...

One question though, why is Spike still in the intro when he left a while ago? Also, I'm pretty sure this week is the end of the new episodes unless they are getting a new timeslot(Mucha Lucha debuts in Evolution's spot on the 14th).

I missed the episode after Rogue went around stealing everyone else's powers, which kinda sucks, but oh well...

One question though, why is Spike still in the intro when he left a while ago? Also, I'm pretty sure this week is the end of the new episodes unless they are getting a new timeslot(Mucha Lucha debuts in Evolution's spot on the 14th).

I hope they replay the new eps at some point so I can tape 'em. Anyone know why Cartoon Network aren't playing them?

One question though, why is Spike still in the intro when he left a while ago?

Because he's coming back soon, unfortunately.

Ugh....why are they wasting so much time on him? He's a failed chara. They need to deal with that.

By the way, Kahran, did you see the 'Impact' ep.? In my opinion, that was is the most 'must-see' episode of the whole series. The ending was a shocker [to me, anyways, but then I'm a fangirl ^.^] and quite emotional.

By the way, Kahran, did you see the 'Impact' ep.? In my opinion, that was is the most 'must-see' episode of the whole series. The ending was a shocker [to me, anyways, but then I'm a fangirl ^.^] and quite emotional.

Yep. The ending was perfect. Given the music, the dialogue, and the idea that this is a kids show, I fully expected Rogue to save Mystique. When she essentially murdered her in cold blood and just walked away, I was shocked.

What an end for Magneto too, eh?

Guest JMA

I missed Dark Horizons part one (I saw part two, however), the episode Magneto "died", and today's. Damn, am I ever pissed I missed them. :angry:

last episode I saw was Dark Horizons 2, what episodes have there been since?

There have been three episodes since then.

Episode 401 - Impact. Magneto wages a personal war against Apocalypse. Also, Kurt & Rogue deal with the fate of their mother.

Episode 402 - No Good Deed. The Brotherhood become heros after a subway disaster, and decide to fake their own disasters so that they can rescue people from them.

Episode 403 - Target X. The introduction of Omega Red and the return of X23.

Guest Askewniverse

They killed off Magneto? How did that happen?

I've only caught a few episodes here and there, so I've got a couple of questions for anyone who watches the show regularly.

How did Apocalypse and Omega Red come across in the cartoons? Were their appearances or powers changed at all from the comics?

Edited by Askewniverse

They killed off Magneto? How did that happen?

Magneto went to attack Apocalypse's base in the Yucatan, using everything from tanks to satellites in orbit and crashes them into the base. They don't damage the shield, but Apocalypse eventually has enough, exits the base, and lays the smackdown on Mags, causing him to implode.

Knowing Mags, he'll be back though. I don't see how they are going to bring Mystique back though. She's currently in a bunch of little pieces.

Guest wildpegasus

Does anyone know if YTV picked up new episodes for X-Men evolution? Yesterday they had "the hex factor" on. Thanks.

Yep. The ending was perfect. Given the music, the dialogue, and the idea that this is a kids show, I fully expected Rogue to save Mystique. When she essentially murdered her in cold blood and just walked away, I was shocked.

What an end for Magneto too, eh?

Magneto and Mystique both "killed off" in one episode. One in pieces and the other...um...well, imploded? I guess that'd be the right word.

The first season was really kiddy, but now I think they're sorta into pre-teen/teen areas. Obviously, it's very kiddy for the younger set to enjoy, but some things, like Kurt and Rogue's talk in 'Impact', are good enough for the older set to enjoy. Which, obviosly, is quite wonderful ^_^

Guest wildpegasus

I just finished watching Day of Reckoning Part I (which I think I missed before) on tape today up here in Canada. I must say it was pretty good. The show was centered around Wolverine getting captured by an ex-member of the Shield team on a vendetta (A sentinal makes an appearance, Yes!) and Cyclops quitting the team over the frustration of "Xavier's" leadership. YTV did have Day of Recknoning Part II on before but I think that's as far as they ever went. Hopefully, they'll be putting on some new episodes soon enough.

Guest BobbyWhioux

The first few episodes I caught, I cringed. Yes, let's give the X-men Teen Highschool Stereotypes! Make Rogue your standard goth chick! Insert a skater and a Jewish girl from the midwest who sounds like she's from San Fernando Valley [huh?] Jean Gray as that annoying overachieving popular brat we all hated. Let's create some random fat kid and use him instead of Juggernaut! Oooh, and let's tease a West Side Story/Romeo and Juliet romance story! "OMG, they are like so totally from different cliques, how're they gonna get together!!!" Oh yeah, this is gonna suck...

But you know, as they gradually de-emphisized the school and started re-emphasizing the usual X-men stuff (Magneto, the mutant/human relations as a metaphor for the bigotry of the real world, etc) the show got better. I'd agree that the Capt. America episode is the turning point.

And the third season is good (though it either got cancelled or pulled or something just a few episodes in... just when it was getting good. Damn, what, they DIDN'T cancel it during the shit first season, but now that it becomes worth watching it gets the ax? Geez). Last episode I've seen: "Under Lock And Key."

Anyway...

Favorite Characters: Mags, Gambit, Lance, and Toad. Also, Kurt, Rogue, (and the creators of this series clearly like her, too; I think she's had more shows dedicated primarily to her than any other character), and Beast.

"The Toad, The Witch, And The Wardrobe" has become one of my favorite episodes, too. Just for Kurt and Toad fighting over the hologram-watch in the middle of the house of that one girl who's tryin' to get with the fuzzy elf...

Let's create some random fat kid and use him instead of Juggernaut!

You'd rather they use Juggernaut instead of Blob in the Brotherhood? But the Brotherhood is essentially comic relief with the exceptions of Lance and Wanda (And now Quicksilver's finally becoming less of an annoying prat). I WAY prefer how they brought him in in Evolution as opposed to bringing him in early on like that.

Oh, and "The Toad, The Witch, and The Wardrobe" is a great episode. One of Evolution's best strengths is knowing how to use their characters so that they're all essentially competent in some way, even Toad and Blob.

Guest Goodear

I saw the Xavier's kid episode this week and I have to say that I enjoyed the little game they seemed to be playing with the comic book fans as to whether Chuck was dealing with either Legion or Proteus. I thought it was a nice little nod myself although I pretty much called the way the episode was going to go. The Kitty/Kurt side story was only slightly amusing though and broke the serious mood of the other storyline. Give it a B-

Let's create some random fat kid and use him instead of Juggernaut!

1. Blob is not some random fat kid. If memory serves he's been around longer than any recurring villain with the exception of Magneto in the comics and was one of the original Brotherhood members with Magneto, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Mastermind & Toad.

2. Juggernaut is also in the series.

The Kitty/Kurt side story was only slightly amusing though and broke the serious mood of the other storyline.  Give it a B-

The one thing that annoys me most about this series is continuity, or lack thereof. For instance, Rogue. How is it possible she could steal everyone's powers at night and still retain all of them in the morning? Also, they act as though she can control her absorbtion abilities [see, Spykecam where she took just the dance moves from Kitty.]

Also, wouldn't it be fatal for Kurt to teleport blind? Then again, I'm not, nor do I claim to be, an expert of the comic-verse, so I don't know what the rules are for the charas there.

(And now Quicksilver's finally becoming less of an annoying prat).

Is it just my ever-slashy mind, or are they trying to make evo-verse Pietro as gay as possible?

Oh, and "The Toad, The Witch, and The Wardrobe" is a great episode. One of Evolution's best strengths is knowing how to use their characters so that they're all essentially competent in some way, even Toad and Blob.

That's also one of my fave episodes. It had great comedy, but it also furthered the storyline between Magneto and his daughter. Plus, Toad and Kurt are two of my fave charas in the series, with Rogue being a mary-sueish close second.

For instance, Rogue. How is it possible she could steal everyone's powers at night and still retain all of them in the morning?

Remember Self-Possessed? The minds of those she absorbs lingers with her, but she can't control them. Mesmero can, and he used it to his advantage in Dark Horizons. The reason she had to absorb all their powers again, was because Xavier wiped them from her mind in Self-Possessed.

For instance, Rogue. How is it possible she could steal everyone's powers at night and still retain all of them in the morning?

Remember Self-Possessed? The minds of those she absorbs lingers with her, but she can't control them. Mesmero can, and he used it to his advantage in Dark Horizons. The reason she had to absorb all their powers again, was because Xavier wiped them from her mind in Self-Possessed.

Ohhh. Well, when you put it like that, it makes perfect sense. Thanks for clearin' that up.

Guest BobbyWhioux

Oh, okay, I stand corrected. I thought Blob was somebody they just made up for the show, like Spyke (who I don't miss at all, by the way). I didn't realize he had any backstory from the comics to him.

And as for him being the regular Brotherhood member instead of Jugger, yeah, as I've gotten used to the show he is a better fit. What I posted earlier was more of my initial reaction upon first seeing the early episodes. I thought he was a knockoff just thrown in to have a guy with Juggernaut-type powers around without having to deal with the plot problems of having Juggernaut loose and running around.

Plus, he also suffered in my eyes when he was saddled with one of Ye Olde Standard High School Plots in the first season. "Ooh, Jean's the only one who's nice to me, she must wanna be my girlfriend. Boyfriend? Grr, must kill him." Ugh.

Guest Goodear

Also, wouldn't it be fatal for Kurt to teleport blind? Then again, I'm not, nor do I claim to be, an expert of the comic-verse, so I don't know what the rules are for the charas there.

They amped up Kurt's powers for Evolution so its easier for him to carry passengers and teleport with less effort. In the comics, taking someone with him would nearly kill both for a while until he got used to it after years of training. Thats never been an issue for Evo-version.

Oh, okay, I stand corrected. I thought Blob was somebody they just made up for the show, like Spyke (who I don't miss at all, by the way).

Well, get ready to be disgusted again because Spyke's back this week...

:angry:

Oh, okay, I stand corrected.  I thought Blob was somebody they just made up for the show, like Spyke (who I don't miss at all, by the way).

Well, get ready to be disgusted again because Spyke's back this week...

:angry:

No... no.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!