TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest rawmvp

Antidepressants grow NEW BRAIN CELLS

Wisdom cannot be imparted, like a breakfest burrito, or a scholorship. It must be learned, uncovered by careful study and silent consideration.

While I cannot teach you the things you seek, I can set you on the path. Here are some links for your perusal...

http://www.indymedia.org

http://www.fauxnewschannel.com

http://www.deanforamerica.com/

http://www.thememoryhole.org/

What you do with these links is up to you. Good luck, and God be with you, Grasshopper.

-=Confucius

Edited by B-X

Guest MikeSC
Wisdom cannot be imparted, like a breakfest burrito, or a scholorship. It must be learned, uncovered by careful study and silent consideration.

While I cannot teach you the things you seek, I can set you on the path. Here are some links for your perusal...

http://www.indymedia.org

http://www.fauxnewschannel.com

http://www.deanforamerica.com/

What you do with these links is up to you. Good luck, and God be with you, Grasshopper.

-=Confucius

Wow, actually a fairly witty reply. Impressed I am.

Your political tastes are a bit ridiculous and Dean will fizzle out before March rolls around --- but a rather good reply.

-=Mike

Guest cobainwasmurdered

Jesus fucking Christ.

I merely *suspected* you were a moron before Mike. But now I'm completely sure of it.

Hmm, I'm a moron? For making a joke?

Well, as they always say, morons most easily recognize themselves.

-=Mike

A joke eh? Well I'm sorry for doubting ya Mike. I should have known you'd have THE WORST delivery ever.

And you're a moron.

Humor tends to be lost on the feeble-minded.

-=Mike

That's nice. Go back to watching wrestling.

Truly, your witty retort has shown me the error of my ways. Please, Confucius, enlighten us further with your dazzling wisdom.

-=Mike

I'd like to jump on the 'this guy is a fucking idiot' bandwagon right now. I'm manic depressive myself (bipolar disorder I) with mild schizophrenia and while I can see humor, and can sometiems even appreciate dark humor regarding it, that joke was neither funny or had a point other than to openly insult those who have thought about such things in their life before.

People who have never thought about suicide or ever been majorly depressed have to realize that for some people, life can seem very pointless and if it just isn't going well, might want to just completely end it because the idea of non-existence could be better than what they are going through or living. And as CWM said, you can't just flip it like a light switch and instantly become happier just by having a positive outlook on life. I'm naturally a pessimist, but that's mostly due to every time that I've tried being optimistic, it ends up being naive'te.

Once again, cry me a frickin' river.

If somebody is so darned weak that suicide is a nice option, go ahead and end it, you selfish little shit.

"Oooh, my life sucks so hard I should kill myself"

You know what --- if you're so selfish as to do that, go ahead and stop whining about it. Do the world a favor and remove yourself from the game.

This world is so absurdly hyper-sensitive that the thought of possibly offending somebody means squat to me nowadays.

Don't waste my time with the whole "How insensitive" BS. This sensitivity BS is eroding freedom of speech like few things ever could.

-=Mike

I never once mentioned anything about sensitivity, but merely about ignorance. Which your last post once again proves me correct.

EDIT: I'd like to also point out that attitudes like yours are what provokes things like Columbine. There has to be a certain level where you're not going to have to show completel and utter ignorance and/or apathy (though in your case I'm sure you're leaning towards the first).

"Attitudes like yours are what provoke things like Columbine"?

Do you know how completely moronic you sound?

If something somebody you don't know on a message board writes hurts your feelings, you need to go out and become the adult you are trying so hard to pretend to be. If something I wrote offended you, then tough --- grow some balls and pretend to be a man for five seconds.

Jesus Christ --- you want offensive?

Offensive WOULD have been : "Why should they grow new brain cells when they'll just be splattered against a wall eventually?"

I HAVE bi-polar, but unlike hyper-sensitive CWM, I manage to make it through MY day without any burning desire to have a gun in my mouth. If HE wants to off himself, he should feel free to do so. If you wish to off yourself, also, feel free to do so. If somebody reads what I write and suddenly wants to do the same, I say "Go ahead and have fun".

His asinine signature SHOULD be viewed as offensive, but because he is presently channeling Phil Donahue's less manly side --- a truly petrifying thought, to be sure --- a free pass is given.

So be it.

If you can't handle possibly being offended, join a monastery and take your vow of silence.

We don't need more spineless jellyfish in the world. We have our share as is.

I have "utter ignorance"? No, I have the maturity to handle that somethings people will say will be offensive and won't bitch and moan about every little crack, unlike some of the more pathetic members of this little community.

Learn to be an adult and develop a spine of some sort before you attempt to post further.

-=Mike

I am not hyper sensitive. Your comments were enough to offend a number of people, I was just one of the first to speak up.

I don't have an urge to kill myself. I have had thoughts about suicide but not in a long time. Depression does not mean you want to kill yourself.

I've already offered to change my sig if anyone is offended by it.

And because people disagree with you or because they are depressed does not make them "spineless jellyfish". We have the balls to tell you when you're acting like an ignorant person.

And that is most definetly what you are doing. I've disagreed with what you've said about many things but never before have I been so disgusted.

You use this folder as your own personal flaming folder, trying to use your overbearing posting style and intelligence to belittle others. It's bullying and it does not reflect well on you.

You aren't backing up your argument all your doing is calling people names.

Pathetic.

Guest Vitamin X

I was neither offended nor hypersensitive to your comments, as you are the one who is actively overreacting to everything we are saying.

I was just saying that before you go on and criticize or make jokes about people who feel that way, that maybe you should stop and consider WHY they feel that way. I've personally been off medication for a couple years, and I handle my day-to-day living just fine, thank you very much.

And because people disagree with you or because they are depressed does not make them "spineless jellyfish". We have the balls to tell you when you're acting like an ignorant person.

And unfortunately CWM, while we do have the cojones to tell him he is acting like an ignorant person, he furthers his ignorance with blatant denial.

Which is making this thread just all the more interesting, and humorous.

Guest DeputyHawk

this is an entertaining thread, but could people quote only the most recent post they wish to reply to instead of the last ten exchanges. i'm sure everyone can remember what was just said, being that they've just read it.

Guest MikeSC
I am not hyper sensitive. Your comments were enough to offend a number of people, I was just one of the first to speak up.

I don't have an urge to kill myself. I have had thoughts about suicide but not in a long time. Depression does not mean you want to kill yourself.

I've already offered to change my sig if anyone is offended by it.

And that is most definetly what you are doing. I've disagreed with what you've said about many things but never before have I been so disgusted.

You use this folder as your own personal flaming folder, trying to use your overbearing posting style and intelligence to belittle others. It's bullying and it does not reflect well on you.

You aren't backing up your argument all your doing is calling people names.

Pathetic.

And I'm supposed to honestly give a crap if somebody here is offended? Jesus, JOIN THE REAL WORLD, kids. Grow a skin, please.

"I'm not hyper-sensitive"? I can almost see you sniffling and wiping your nose while saying that. You want to be an adult --- then damn well act like one and stop your incessant caterwauling when somebody dares to upset your precious little applecart.

If somebody said "You're wrong", then fine. But "You're offensive"? God, what does it take to possibly not avoid offending some on this board --- "Kum Ba Ya" recitals aplenty? You have the balls to act like a child when somebody said something you found stupid, rather than simply acting like an adult and shredding me back for it. Geez.

And while the conclusion you make is erroneous to a shocking degree, I am touched by your irritation with my intellect.

-=Mike --- apparently the only person willing to be offended. Such is life

Guest MikeSC
I was neither offended nor hypersensitive to your comments, as you are the one who is actively overreacting to everything we are saying.

I was just saying that before you go on and criticize or make jokes about people who feel that way, that maybe you should stop and consider WHY they feel that way. I've personally been off medication for a couple years, and I handle my day-to-day living just fine, thank you very much.

And unfortunately CWM, while we do have the cojones to tell him he is acting like an ignorant person, he furthers his ignorance with blatant denial.

Which is making this thread just all the more interesting, and humorous.

We're courageous.

We're brave.

We're the easily offended.

-=Mike

Guest Vitamin X

A martyr to the cause of the overly-defensive and moronic.

How beautiful. :rolleyes:

Guest MikeSC
A martyr to the cause of the overly-defensive and moronic.

How beautiful. :rolleyes:

I hated to type-cast you so --- but you defined yourself to a tee.

-=Mike

Guest Vitamin X

I'd say to move this to NHB so it's I believe clearly crossed the line towards that forum's jurisdiction, but it's not worth the effort trying to reason with someone who is merely only trying to get the last word in.

To prove my point, this will be the last post I make in this thread.

Guest cobainwasmurdered
By the way, I branded Mike as a hateful moron ~4 months ago.

-=Tyler

Ahead of the curve~!

Bah I said it like a year ago.

Guest MikeSC

-=Tyler

Ahead of the curve~!

I branded you an insufferable putz long before that and you have proven me correct countless times.

Kudos to you.

-=Mike --- I AM the curve

Guest MikeSC

-=Tyler

Ahead of the curve~!

Bah I said it like a year ago.

*Sniff* I find that insulting.

Shall I buy you a gun for the next time you're "in the mood"?

-=Mike

Guest MikeSC
Your political tastes are a bit ridiculous and Dean will fizzle out before March rolls around --- but a rather good reply.

-=Mike

Did you call it or did you call it?

I also called the Yankees getting A-Rod the day after the Red Sox/Rangers talks broke down.

I'M ON FIRE!

-=Mike

Guest HungryJack

What a bunch of fucking pussies. You'd think wrestling fans would be thicker-skinned or something.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

having different viewpoints because you know what you're talking about IS a bad thing.

We're ashamed of ourselves...no really. we are.

Silly thread. You're all talking about depression like it's something more than a mood...

- Cancer Marney, TSM resident psychologist

Then why don't you offer something contructive instead of playing the pretentiousness card.

UYI - TSM resident teacher

Guest Jay Z. Hollywood

Not sure if this is applicable because I haven't read the whole thread, but my girlfriend suffers from depression, something she's been treated for since way before I met her. She's on medication and been going to therapy semi-regularly.

I have no clue what causes it, she can't explain it to me. Usually she's totally alright, but sometimes her mood shifts out of nowhere and I don't know how to deal with it/help her. And my parents have a totally skewed view of her because on the 4 separate 5-minute occassions where they've met her she's been too timid to even talk to them because of it.

It's tough, that's all I can say, but I love her enough to try and help, but I'm not sure I can. It's just really, really tough.

Edited by DuskTillDawn

Then why don't you offer something contructive instead of playing the pretentiousness card.

You'd think a teacher would be able to spell "constructive." :)

No, seriously, I didn't bother because I've already had that argument twice now on these boards, and once on another. There's really no point unless I'm talking to people with more education and less emotional investment. Not trying to be pretentious or holier-than-thou at all, honestly, but it serves no purpose to explain the work of some of the most important, influential, and respected researchers in modern psychology (and its founders) - men such as Kraepelin, Bleuler, Breggin, Szasz, and Jung - when the people you're trying to talk to only respond with "I've had clinical depression/schizophrenia/bipolar disorder (Type I? Type II? Cyclothymic? Can any of you even afford a copy of the DSM?) for YEARS, you insensitive BITCH!" What do you say? "None of those exist. You've been lied to and systematically trained for years?" Tried it. Doesn't work. Can't be bothered to keep trying. I'm not a crusader; I don't have the temperament.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

No, seriously, I didn't bother because I've already had that argument twice now on these boards, and once on another. There's really no point unless I'm talking to people with more education and less emotional investment. Not trying to be pretentious or holier-than-thou at all, honestly, but it serves no purpose to explain the work of some of the most important, influential, and respected researchers in modern psychology (and its founders) - men such as Kraepelin, Bleuler, Breggin, Szasz, and Jung - when the people you're trying to talk to only respond with "I've had clinical depression/schizophrenia/bipolar disorder (Type I? Type II? Cyclothymic? Can any of you even afford a copy of the DSM?) for YEARS, you insensitive BITCH!" What do you say? "None of those exist. You've been lied to and systematically trained for years?" Tried it. Doesn't work. Can't be bothered to keep trying. I'm not a crusader; I don't have the temperament.

yes and real lesbians don't exist. you've just been trained by the media.

Guest MikeSC

yes and real lesbians don't exist. you've just been trained by the media.

And the snippy, uber-sensitive left lashes out.

-=Mike

Guest MikeSC
And the snippy, uber-sensitive left lashes out.

-=Mike

He's Canadian.

Aren't they the ones who got their collective panties in a bunch over what a dog puppet said about them?

Yeah, we should take THEM seriously.

-=Mike

I'M ON FIRE!

-=Mike

We don't need no fire, let the mutha-fucka burn.

-=George Clinton & P-Funk