TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Youth N Asia

Last time a turn really suprised you

I think just about all of us saw the Brock turn coming a couple weeks in advance. Seems to be the case for every turn now.

Which was the last time the WWE really got you on a turn?

Well, the ECW / WCW alliance was pretty surprising to me.

Kurt Angle turning on WWF and joining WCW in November 2001, I believe, was somewhat surprising. On this subject, I was surprised that the fans took Steve Austin back as a face so quick after Survivor Series 2001.

Just recently, I was surprised that Eddie Guerrero turned on Tajiri. He approached his car all sympathetic, and then suddenly, he slides Tajiri off the car like nothing and moans about the car. You know the rest.

I would agree with Chris. HHH turning on Stone Cold and revealing himself as the person behind the hit and run surprised me because at the time I thought HHH was turning the corner into becoming a big time babyface.

Guest The Old Me
I would agree with Chris. HHH turning on Stone Cold and revealing himself as the person behind the hit and run surprised me because at the time I thought HHH was turning the corner into becoming a big time babyface.

I agree. That was the perfect time for Trip's babyface run.

Guest Trivia247

its hard not to see a face turn coming usually does with some promping

Guest The Old Me

Rock's "turn" at Sur.Series 98 threw me off guard. He was getting so much face heat and BAM, the first ever Montreal re-enactment.

Guest The Old Me

WWE logic: job your stars and turn their allegiance's, IN THEIR HOMETOWN~!

Guest Jay Z. Hollywood

Shane McMahon turning on the Rock at No Way Out 2000- didn't see that coming at ALL.

Most instantaneous giant face heat to heel heat reaction I've seen in the WWF.

Guest The Old Me
Shane McMahon turning on the Rock at No Way Out 2000- didn't see that coming at ALL.

Most instantaneous giant face heat to heel heat reaction I've seen in the WWF.

I was more shocked Big Show won the match.

The ECW faction turing on Jerhico and Kane. Then they flushed it down the toilet some 30 minutes later.

I would have been genuinely caught off guard with the Brock turn had I not read the spoilers. I knew something was going to happen, but I seemed to be one of the only guys on this board who thought he found his niche as an innovative babyface. I really didn't expect a Kurt or Brock turn, but more of something like an Undertaker heel turn/push again.

The last time I was truly shocked though was HHH turning on Shawn on RAW after reforming DX.

Yeah, Hunter's turn on HBK got me last year. I knew SOMEONE was turning, but I thought (and hoped) it would be Shawn.

To be honest, Gail Kim's turn on Raw caught me off guard...I didn't really care, but still...

Guest The Old Me
Shane turning on Austin at Survivor Series 98.

I saw that one coming.

Barry Windham turning on Lex Luger to join the horsemen

Luger turning on Ricky Steamboat for the #1 contendership

Yeah..they're both NWA, but there has rarely been a good turn because the WWF/E likes to forecast it like a mofo nowadays.

Austin turning at WM XVII. I as slowly getting surprised by the thought of a heel Austin, but they ruined it as son as Vince came down to help him. That ruined it for me.

Just recently, I was surprised that Eddie Guerrero turned on Tajiri. He approached his car all sympathetic, and then suddenly, he slides Tajiri off the car like nothing and moans about the car. You know the rest.

I was there live, and it was shocking when Eddie moaned about the truck rather than his fallen "friend". Of course, the fans still cheered after he slammed Tajiri into the windshield anyway.

ECW reforming on "RAW is ECW" back in '01, and then promptly ending what could have been a purely awesome three-way feud by joining WCW.

Seriously, one of the BIG peeves I had with The Alliance was that it made no sense for ECW and WCW to team up. NONE. ECW always had a decent working relationship with the WWF, and hated WCW. Paul and Vince both hated Bischoff. So it made NO FUCKING SENSE to team two companies that ABSOLUTELY DESPISED EACH OTHER together against the WWF. But, alas, a dead topic...

Guest The Old Me
Even though she sucks, I never saw Gail Kim's heel turn coming.

I think no one saw it, because no one cared.

I thought Austin's turn at Mania 17 was telegraphed. I knew someone would turn and Rocky was going to shoot a movie. I liked heel Austin.