TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lil' Bitch

A Forgotten Classic

Guest Mulatto Heat
How about Hollywood Blondes vs Douglas/Steamboat from COTC XXII, that's a great match with great heat. But cause it's from a COTC it's rare and not easily accesible.

'cept for me cause I've got that clash along with 3 others from 92 on 1 tape :D

The Worldwide match (where the title switch took place) one month later was even better. Crowd heat was off the charts, and the unbelievable build to the Steamboat hot tag has to be seen to be appreciated. Everything was just ON.

Guest Mulatto Heat
July 1994 Raw. HBK vs. Razor Ramon

It was the return match from Wrestlemania 10 and was Shawn's first match back from Wrestlemania 10. I always thought this was a great match. No outside interference from Diesel because he was kicked out by the ref, and Shawn picked up the win cleanly.

Nah, it wasn't clean.

http://slashwrestling.com/monday/RAW.940801.final

"As Hebner turns around and sees a belt in the ring, he feels it's his duty to remove it from the ring. Again, he fails to notice Michaels whiping Ramon into Diesel's big boot. Add a little pull of the tights and we have a 3 coutn for the Heartbreak Kid in his return match."

How'd I know this would be the "forgotten classic"?

There are so many layers to this match - the only thing that could reach it is Austin/Hart WM 13 in terms of "WWE as art" and that's cutting it close (maybe Warrior/Savage Wm 7).

Hart Foundation vs. Demolition 2/3 falls from SS 90 was an awesome match. It's been about a decade since I've seen it last, but it has to be good if it holds up this long ;) It's not so much 'forgotten' as it is 'under appreciated'.

Guest Choken One

^ If your refering to the Hart/Piper match

I believe Austin/Rocky was in that same "WWE As Art" vein.

When I saw that the initial post was more than two paragraphs and not impossible to understand, not to mention there was no :ph34r: smilie, I was having a hard time believing Rico actually composed it. Then I saw the credit. Thought so.

Anyway, it's a great match but by no means is it forgotten, as it's usually mentioned whenever the event is brought up.

And just for the record, there were a couple matches between faces between Wrestlemania VI and VIII, a MSG match between Tito Santana and Koko B Ware, being one of them.

When I saw that the initial post was more than two paragraphs and not impossible to understand, not to mention there was no :ph34r: smilie, I was having a hard time believing Rico actually composed it. Then I saw the credit. Thought so.

Testify, my fellow Cubs Fan. Rico is definitely part of the insipidus normalus species.

In fact, there had not been a face vs. face title match since two years earlier, when Ultimate Warrior faced Hulk Hogan.

And just for the record, there were a couple matches between faces between Wrestlemania VI and VIII, a MSG match between Tito Santana and Koko B Ware, being one of them

Guest Your Olympic Hero
A forgotten classic would be the Rockers-Orient Express match from Royal Rumble 1991.

I mark for the finish of that match.

Demolition/Harts is good, but I still have a problem with the cheap finish. I like Michaels/Flair vs Savage/Bret a little better personally.

Forgotten classic...Bret Hart vs The British Bulldog, In Your House 5. One of the most boring undercards around. Taker vs Mabel. Landell/Ahmed. The hog pen match. And Bulldog and Bret put on a great match, a bloody, brutal hard fought forgotten classic.

And I think Bulldog/HBK from King of the Ring 96 is pretty forgotten. People always think of the Austin 3:16 speech, and forget about the match.

Guest The Real Nosferatu

Pillman v. Johnny B. Badd from Fall Brawl '95 was really good, a definite ****+ match. Plus it's not mentioned too much.

Also the 1-2-3 Kid v. Bret Hart from 1994 MNR was also really good. Ditto HBK/Razor (Except it wasn't clean finish at all).

I thought Mankind v. Steve Austin Brawl the night after SSeries 1996 was really good, just because of the crowd heat and that it was non-stop action.

1994 SummerSlam Bret vs. Owen inside a steel cage

An EPIC match. I'm stating this because if you forgot about it you NEED to watch it.

YES. This match made me mark out like CRAZY with the kicking screaming and crying. (I was about 9.... give me a break) :)