TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mr.Negativity

Orlando Jordan

A few months down the line and Cena is becoming a very good heel whereas O'haire has little to no heat at all.

Cena has always been better booked, and they've allowed O'Haire to fall off the face of the planet (i.e., he only wrestles on Velocity).

He damn sure aint no Shelton Benjamin!

Isn't Shelton the guy who was being called a "future black Nature Boy?" I doubt it based only on the limitations of how good some one can get in WWE. But damn it if he isn't on the fast track to getting there. Haas is no slouch either, of course.

However, I had a somewhat disconcerting revelation...sometimes when you're on one show and not doing much/are gimmickless, they plop you on the other show. Show, Orton, Mack/Red Dog...

Jordan on Raw wouldn't be too exciting.

A few months down the line and Cena is becoming a very good heel whereas O'haire has little to no heat at all.

Cena has always been better booked, and they've allowed O'Haire to fall off the face of the planet (i.e., he only wrestles on Velocity).

O'Haire can't cut promos that aren't pre-taped and put together in slick video packages. Plus he's been toned down so that his ring work is blah--so not much going for him but his "look."

Orlando Jordan is talentless and boring, and takes airtime away from wrestlers who are more talented, more interesting, and more talented. Did I mention that Orlando is talentless and boring?

Fuck Orlando Jordan.

If Vince wants to be totally offensive, he'll give Orlando Jordan a character like Eddie Murphy's Buckwheat.

O.J. says it's OTAY! What a minute we could have a Buckwheat and a Spanky. Little Rascals 2003!!

He damn sure aint no Shelton Benjamin!

Isn't Shelton the guy who was being called a "future black Nature Boy?"

Well, there already is a "Black Nature Boy" (Scoot Andrews), so I'd say you confused the two.

Jordan on Raw wouldn't be too exciting.

That's what we said about a few other vanilla/boring workers doing the brand switch:

Matt Hardy

Crash Holly

The Big Show

Johnny Stamboli

Randy Orton

Rodney Mack

Batista

With the exception of Holly (well, duh.), everyone else is better off in their position NOW than they were a year ago (Batista will have a nice slot upon his return).

A chance must be given to the man first, to see what he can do with it.

Guest TheArchiteck

Orlando isn't bad....but he doesn't exactly stand out. Which isn't good.

Untill they repackage him into an actual gimmick, he might can get some pops/heat from the fans. But I just pray they do not give him a rapper/basketball player gimmick.

Randy Orton

Rodney Mack

Batista

With the exception of Holly (well, duh.), everyone else is better off in their position NOW than they were a year ago (Batista will have a nice slot upon his return).

A chance must be given to the man first, to see what he can do with it.

Orton was somewhat over before the shoulder injury, and Batista may have been pushed harder on Raw but he may have gotten more heat on SD and certainly had better luck (he wasn't injured constantly on SD, even though he hardly wrestled).

And Mack went from hanging with Cena to a heatless alleged-black-man having heatless matches with jobbers, and jobbing to Goldberg and Hurricane. I think he would have been better off left on SD simply for his association with Cena.

And the following people moved to/returned to Raw only to have been horribly misused:

Storm

Jericho

Hurricane

Kane (Okay, in the last few months they've pushed him, but only after that horrible Katie Vick angle and killing off the IC title)

Val Venis/Sean Morely

However, I admit that at least they pushed Christian, so he's better off now than he was as just another Un-American.

Guest deadbeater

I was hoping that Orlando would go all Dennis Rodman on these punks. He is otherwise not bad.

Orlando Jordan is talentless and boring, and takes airtime away from wrestlers who are more talented, more interesting, and more talented. Did I mention that Orlando is talentless and boring?

Fuck Orlando Jordan.

Yes-

Vince McMahon has nothing to do with the fact that Orlando Jordan is on TV. Let's blame Orlando and not the guy who put him there

Considering that he has been on TV for maybe what, two months? Three?

Let's just bury him now and not give him a chance once he's allowed to stwp out on his own. Unfortunately I do not think the package they give him will be a positive one. The only two black wrestler who has had a passable gimmick was Booker, and he's been running the same gimmick since the Harlem Heat days. Shelton Benjamin had the talent and that was plain to see from day one, when I might add, he had the same beginning gimmick as Orlando. Faarooq doesn;t talk much and beats people up. Simple yet effective.

D-Von, Rodney Mack (the only positive is that he's teamed up with Teddy Long), and going back into history with Ahmed Johnson and further back, blacks hardly have been pushed very hard.

The one major exception to this is The Rock, but then again he had the ability and charisma to start with and spent years maximizing both.

The one major exception to this is The Rock, but then again he had the ability and charisma to start with and spent years maximizing both.

And plus the Samoaness negated the blackness of Rock.

Yeah... not that the Samoans were treated all that well after the Islanders.

Rock is the Tiger Woods of pro wrestling.

I say just move him to Raw and stick him with Teddy Long as his mouthpiece. I'd like to see them do a mini Nation of Domination with Long. Long makes it where Coach has to do the play by play on any of his group's matches.

Orlando Jordan is talentless and boring, and  takes airtime away from wrestlers who are more talented, more interesting, and more talented. Did I mention that Orlando is talentless and boring?

Fuck Orlando Jordan.

Yes-

Vince McMahon has nothing to do with the fact that Orlando Jordan is on TV. Let's blame Orlando and not the guy who put him there

Blaming Vince is a given.

I just like to spread the love around. Especially to those who don't entertain me.