TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TheGame2705

Being gay is the new trend

Guest stardust
Straight people hanging out at a gay bar? That certainly proves what I'm trying to say.

As an aside, tell this friend to stop hitting on Jon before I have to go down there and rough him up. :D

That was the whole reason for my story. *grin* Yes, it proves your point that it's a trend. But at the same time, I think that it's also a sign of the increased acceptance of homosexuals in our society, which is a good thing.

As for him hitting on Jon...he only did that a couple of times just to fuck with him. A) Chris has a boyfriend and B) he doesn't think he's all that cute and C) the one time he met him, he thought that Jon had no personality whatsoever. And we both know Jon probably likes the attention anyway. :D

Ann Arbor, Michigan) An LGBT studies program at the University of Michigan is under fire from a conservative Christian group. The American Family Association is demanding that the course be cancelled before it begins this year.

The AFA claims the course, "How To Be Gay" is nothing more than a primer to teach homosexual acts to impressionable university students .

"If you have to take a class to learn how to be gay, it seems to be an admittance that homosexuality is a learned activity and a matter of particular choice," Gary Glenn, president of the Midland-based organization told a campus newspaper.

"Given the very tight budget Michigan is facing this year, we thought it was appropriate to urge the University of Michigan to stop forcing taxpayers to pay for this class," Glenn told the State News.

The course, part of the English curriculum, is not new.  It's been around since the fall term of 2000.

David Halperin, the openly gay professor, who started the course and teaches the class, said the right wing organization doesn't understand what the course is about.

"The title can be used to make the course seem like something different than what it really is," Halperin said. "The course is about how people who are already gay learn to craft an identity for themselves. 

" The American Family Association has never contacted me about the course, or bothered to find any information about the course," Halperin said.

The course description says students "will examine a number of cultural artifacts and activities" including "camp, diva-worship, drag, muscle culture, taste, style and political activism."

The AFA has challenged the the course since it was first offered. It collected 15,000 signatures and presented them to the university's Board of Regents, urging U-M officials to stop the course.  The Regents refused to give in.

In that same year, the issue was tackled by the state's House of Representatives, when lawmakers voted, 52-44, in favor of an amendment that would cut 10 percent of U-M's budget if it used public funds and offered similar courses that promoted homosexual behavior.

The bill did not pass because it did not receive the 56 votes needed to reach a majority.

The university  also offers courses in other departments dealing with sexual orientation including, lesbian, bisexual and gay studies, psychological and cultural issues, lesbian cultures and identities and lesbian literature, arts and popular culture.

The university has been "inundated" with AFA-distributed postcards objecting to the course.

Julie Peterson, a spokesperson for the school said she does not expect the campaign to succeed.

"He is a very popular professor," Peterson said, "and there is always a long waiting list for his courses. The list gets longer when stories like this happen."

So if the popularity of "gay" TV shows implies that being gay is a "new trend", does that mean being a cheap whore is also a new trend based on the popularity of these cheap dating/relationship/marriage/love shows?

Cheap whore is always in style.

Guest TheGame2705
Straight people hanging out at a gay bar? That certainly proves what I'm trying to say.

As an aside, tell this friend to stop hitting on Jon before I have to go down there and rough him up. :D

That was the whole reason for my story. *grin* Yes, it proves your point that it's a trend. But at the same time, I think that it's also a sign of the increased acceptance of homosexuals in our society, which is a good thing.

As for him hitting on Jon...he only did that a couple of times just to fuck with him. A) Chris has a boyfriend and B) he doesn't think he's all that cute and C) the one time he met him, he thought that Jon had no personality whatsoever. And we both know Jon probably likes the attention anyway. :D

Likely story. Whenever someone can't get Jon and the goods anymore they say it's second rate. Doesn't your friend's man live in RI too?

Now see, the story Marvin posted is dumbassery. Plain and simple.

Theres more of that "dumbassery" where it came from:

365gay.com

and if you must ask, the link was on totalfark..

and this had me rolling for a bit:

Under reader picks:

Colin Ferrell teams up with Al Pacino in the video  The Recruit

strange. mental. pictures...

Guest stardust
Likely story. Whenever someone can't get Jon and the goods anymore they say it's second rate. Doesn't your friend's man live in RI too?

Actually, no, he doesn't. He was kinda talking to a guy from RI who moved down here to Texas, but that guy went kinda immature psycho. The guy he's with is from here.