TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Insane Bump Machine

The One and Only Smackdown! HCTP Thread

You got the game yet, Flik, or are you still in waiting hell like me?

Us Australians are royally SCREWED, being told upwards of three different dates for the actual release of the game. I can so see it being delayed or something and I'll wind up getting it in about 6 months.

Eh, I'll get it eventually. I just think I need to stop coming into this thread, IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD!

UYI

I have ONE complaint about this game, one.

When you finally have a CAW, and you wrestle other guys with them or you try a career with them, it's hard as hell. Their stats are so low that if you face someone stronger than you (just about everyone in the game) you will have your hands full.

I pray to God that there is another way to improve a CAW's stats other than by career.

Yeah, the only way I see to improve a CAW's stats is by doing a career with each of them.

When you finally have a CAW, and you wrestle other guys with them or you try a career with them, it's hard as hell. Their stats are so low that if you face someone stronger than you (just about everyone in the game) you will have your hands full.

I pray to God that there is another way to improve a CAW's stats other than by career.

Yeah, the only way I see to improve a CAW's stats is by doing a career with each of them.

This is what I feared months back when I first heard of the "Start as a jobber" thing

As someone who mainly plays as CAWs it will be murder to play 30 something seasons just to get the CAWs to a respectable level. Here's hoping a code or something comes out fast...

Guest Ram

Haven't read through all of this just yet, but a quick question...

How are the submissions? If put into one, do you have to press A to get out, or is it like SYM where you don't have much control over it?

Damn, what were they thinking when they came up with that CAW idea?

And because I can't get to my PS2 right now, could someone answer my question? When you break someone through the roof of the Hell-In-The-Cell, does it still do that stupid "both-people-fall-through-but-someone-holds-onto-the-panel" thing? Even if you do a move like a Super Powerbomb or something where you're not even standing on the panel? I wish they would fix that.

-And did anyone ever find out if you can do that Rey Misterio "swinging-from-the-Elimination-Chamber-huricarana" move? I'm very interested in seeing about that also.

After playing the game all last night, I have to say - once you get the hang of it, it's a REALLY fun game. A solid 9 out of 10 - but better than No Mercy? Possibly. THQ did a great job this time around.

And because I can't get to my PS2 right now, could someone answer my question? When you break someone through the roof of the Hell-In-The-Cell, does it still do that stupid "both-people-fall-through-but-someone-holds-onto-the-panel" thing? Even if you do a move like a Super Powerbomb or something where you're not even standing on the panel? I wish they would fix that.

How is that stupid?

If both wrestlers are on the weakest panel on the cell and it breaks, what do you expect to happen? One wrestler walk on air?

UYI

In the Hell In the cell I played... Yes it did that.

How are the submissions? If put into one, do you have to press A to get out, or is it like SYM where you don't have much control over it?

And it tells you to tap any button to escape/reach ropes when stuck in a submission

Another thing I found annoying, The same button used to taunt also calls in your tag partner for help. And those flashing lights on the Season match screen hurt my eyes... they are going to give some kid somewhere a seizure.

How is that stupid?

If both wrestlers are on the weakest panel on the cell and it breaks, what do you expect to happen? One wrestler walk on air?

UYI

The idea isn't stupid, but the execution is. You could be lifting the guy for the Pedigree on the panel and all of a sudden, the roof breaks, he falls, and you hang on to the panel thing. You don't see the move being done through the roof which, in my opinion, just kind of lessens the whole idea of breaking through the paneling. Especially if you're doing a move like a powerbomb or something when you're not even standing on that particular panel. I would just like to see the move being done, crashing all the way from the roof to the ring. It might not be totally realistic for some moves but since when have Smackdown games been completely realistic anyway?

Yes that still happens in a HITC.

-And did anyone ever find out if you can do that Rey Misterio "swinging-from-the-Elimination-Chamber-huricarana" move? I'm very interested in seeing about that also.

I have no idea about that one.

There is a little meter that pops up, one end says submit and the other end says escape/rope. Depending on what end of the move you are on, you press the buttons really fast to get what you want. It's like a tug-o-war.

Yeah, that taunt thing in tag sucks. I was teamed with Chris Jericho vs Austin and Golderg, when taunted the ref got distracted, Austin stuns me, Goldberg jackhammers me, I take another shot of Tequila.

One thing I have been wondering that I haven't seen asked is - MATT FACTS.

Are there any in this game? Simple yes or not is sufficient, as giving examples shall detract from the overall novelty of it for us late SD! players.

UYI

Are there any in this game? Simple yes or not is sufficient, as giving examples shall detract from the overall novelty of it for us late SD! players.

UYI

yes.. I've seen a few of them.

UYI

I've only played as Matt once, and they had one Matt fact when he came out. I'm assuming there's a few they rotate everytime he comes out, but yeah, Matt Facts are in the game.

I wish I could find a better way to do a SD by the OS Taker, because everytime that I get someone in posistion for his Tombstone, it's always IN THE FUCKING ROPES.

What's the best way to get someone lined up for a SD?

I wish I could find a better way to do a SD by the OS Taker, because everytime that I get someone in posistion for his Tombstone, it's always IN THE FUCKING ROPES.

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for but, when they're laying down, just hold O and pull them towards the center of the ring. Then, pick them up, give them a toe kick(down-right and X), and do your Smackdown Special.

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for but, when they're laying down, just hold O and pull them towards the center of the ring. Then, pick them up, give them a toe kick(down-right and X), and do your Smackdown Special.

Damnit, I can't believe that.

Thank you.

Does anyonre know if using the same number choice in CAW mode gives a wrestler again?

I remember, for example, that if you chose Face, Eyebrow, Hair, body etc. #5, you got a wrestler not in the game. Although I never tried it myself...

Tried a couple and answer appears to be no...