TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Insane Bump Machine

The One and Only Smackdown! HCTP Thread

This game absolutely sucks, UYI.

There. Did that help any?

YES

Much love, Naitcha Boy

I'd rather watch RAW then play this game.

Feel better, man?

BTW, to all people who HAVE this game. When do you form a stable? And who else loves VIDEO PACKAGES?

Thank ye, Zsasz.

I feel now I could wait years for its release.

UYI

This game absolutely sucks, UYI.

There. Did that help any?

YES

Much love, Naitcha Boy

I'd rather watch RAW then play this game.

Feel better, man?

BTW, to all people who HAVE this game. When do you form a stable? And who else loves VIDEO PACKAGES?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Did anyone else initally think "OVR" meant "Over" and mark out thinking it was some sort of reference to EWR before realizing it meant Overall?

I like how, although they are effective, the finishers don't necessarily decide the match. I found the previous SD! games were too much of a rush to SD! icon, finisher, pin. So far, I have yet to encoutner that (especially in tag matches where between me and my opponents we hit about 10 finishers or more in the match.. maybe not overly realistic, but good fun).

RVD took away Ric Flair's IC title, so I decided to team up with HHH and take the tag belts. I guess I'm going to be in a feud now, since JR insisted I defend the tag titles next month in the main event.

My only gripe is that I can't give Chris Benoit a shot at the WWE Title because "You're heavily involved in a major storyline right now". The sad thing was I'd just blown off a tag team title feud, so I figured I was good to go.

Has anyone else thrown their controller, breaking it, from this game yet?

I swear to god, I was John Cena facing Benoit in a match. And he countered every single thing I did. I got 5 moves in max, in about a 7-8 minute match.

Please tell me this was an anomaly and that I won't put something through my TV because of this game.

The EC match was the most annoying thing, esspecially since Angle was getting his ass kicked while I built up my smackdowns, took a moment out of getting his ass kicked to put the anklelock on me, which not only daamged my legs, but my arms as well. Then he pinned me.

I swear to god, I was John Cena facing Benoit in a match. And he countered every single thing I did. I got 5 moves in max, in about a 7-8 minute match.

Please tell me this was an anomaly and that I won't put something through my TV because of this game.

Try making sure it's on easy for a while until you get the hang of it.

But even on easy, I had one like that against Rhyno (as Benoit). Then I beat Vince McMahon in a cage in about three minutes the next PPV.

It's a weird game like that.

Guest Unwritten Religion
Can you defend your title in Exhibtion games?

No, you can't

*sigh*

But Is the EC Good? Have any of you guys survive in it Being the first person to wrestle to being the last person to wrestle?

No, you can't

*sigh*

But Is the EC Good? Have any of you guys survive in it Being the first person to wrestle to being the last person to wrestle?

It's my favorite gimmick match, and yes.

Just as I've said about most other things in the game...

*ahem*

...it's awesome.

No, you can't

*sigh*

Yes, I just did. And I think I may have pinned everybody, too. My opponents were:

Rey Rey

Roddy Piper

Eddie Gurrerro

Undertaker

Angle.

And on another note, I just started to rivalries w/ both Eddie and Benoit. Sweet.

Guest Unwritten Religion

No, you can't

*sigh*

Yes, I just did. And I think I may have pinned everybody, too. My opponents were:

Rey Rey

Roddy Piper

Eddie Gurrerro

Undertaker

Angle.

And on another note, I just started to rivalries w/ both Eddie and Benoit. Sweet.

Cool.

I Want to one With Brock, Rock, Angle, Edge, Jericho, and Benoit.

Do you pin them really fast, or you just work on one of them until they get weak?

Holy crap! Stable wars feud spoiler:

Spoiler (Highlight to Read):

After I beat Austin in a submission match at No Mercy, I got beatdown by Kane, who was joining the Corporation. And then, on Raw, after a tag match, I was getting beatdown by Kane and Austin again, and who makes the save?

KURT ANGLE! Making the jump from Smackdown!

Guest Sakura

The new submission system is broken and halfassed. Any old move Yukes was too lazy to reanimate doesn't go into the tug of war system. This means if I put you into the Walls of Jericho you can mash out of it or mash to reach the ropes. That's fine. But that also means if I put you into a leg lock or a leg pull or whatever you could tap out in like 2 seconds without having a chance to get out. That is pure crap.

I have yet to see a pre-PPV video package.. am I doing something wrong? I was in a month long feud before BAd Blood, figured that would be my chance to finally see one of these things.. and I still got nothing.

The gist of the feud was Me (Flair) and Trips were to defend our tag titles against Nash and HBK at Bad Blood, but Vince decided to suspend HHH for attacking him with a chair on the 1st Raw of the month. I beat Michaels on a Raw where he said if I won, he'd ask Vince to un-suspend HHH. The next week, Shawn said he asked, and Vince said no. Well, Vince was going on about how HHH and me would be stripped of the titles, when Stephanie McMahon came out (another continuity error... but the storyline was that she was bugging her dad, so I guess it wouldn't have made sense with Eric) and said HHH had a "No Title Stripping Clause" in his contract (yep.. storyline done by WWE writers all right) and the match was a go. HHH then asked me to pick between ladder or cage.

Funny UK PPV Angle...

Goldust called me.. Ric Flair.. a terrible wrestler who has bad matches. He tried to beat me up before I could get to England, but failed because I kicked his ass. So at the UK PPV, he cuts a promo saying he's sorry my terrible wrestling is going to embarass the WWE, but he's good enough to have awatchable match with me. He asked me to pick an exciting stipulation match since my style was too boring for WWE fans

Dude, have something close by that you can release your rage upon. Breaking 50 dollar controllers (AUS) is a tad counterproductive to your cause, considering you'll be looking for revenge on whomever has fucked you over.

I play all my games in my bedroom and it is not unusual to see me punching the living shit out of my own bed while shouting obscenities at the top of my lungs because Kurt Angle just reversed one of my kicks into an ankle lock in SYM.

Sure, I may mess my bed up a little, but better that than the Playstation.

I feel for you Sakura.

Enduring the hell that is GameFAQ's message boards is not a small feat. I have to wait until next week to get the game, but certainly the concept of a wrestler tapping out to an ARM BAR (which is unheard of unless the applier of the move had the last name Helmsley) while being able to power out of moves that end matches, i.e. The Walls of Jericho.

I'm unsure as to when Yuke's actually begin making the new Smackdown game, as I thought they'd at least give themselves some time off after releasing the most recent version, however it is foolish to start something that they may not be able to finish.

Oh well, always next year. I'm sure the game as a whole will more than make up for the minor problems here or there.

UYI

Considering that you have been shitting on the game many months before the release, Sakura, I'm not surprised that you don't like it, but am surprised that you bought it.

I start work tomorrow, so its going to be several weeks before I get the game.. I have been playing the hell out of SYM to hype myself up for HCTP... keep the nuggets of info coming, people.

Ki Krusher 99 made it into the game? Yes.... my SYM CAW Low-Ki was so damned dangerous, it wasn't even funny... now having a move or two patented by him is going to really complete him....

16 grapple moves.... damn, thats out and out crazy.... just remembering the moves in the heat of a match is going to be a challenge.