TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Insane Bump Machine

The One and Only Smackdown! HCTP Thread

Guest KJ Brackish

They really need to fix this in their system. This is the only vids/media page that takes long on their webpage for me.

DFA

Come on people, hurry and post the vids in this thread.

The media page is STILL not loading for me.

To be honest, I don't know what paths I'm looking for, and I won't have an idea until I'm able to get into the media page. It was easier with the previous wrestlers, but it seems as if they've changed the paths somewhat for the legend videos. As for now, I'm gathering pics, two of each wrestler, to be posted momentarily.

EDIT: And here they are...

Animal

smackdownhctp_legends_animal_01.jpg

smackdownhctp_legends_animal_05.jpg

Hawk

smackdownhctp_legends_hawk_01.jpg

smackdownhctp_legends_hawk_04.jpg

George Steele

smackdownhctp_legends_george_01.jpg

smackdownhctp_legends_george_07.jpg

Hillbilly Jim

smackdownhctp_legends_hillbilly_01.jpg

smackdownhctp_legends_hillbilly_07.jpg

Iron Sheik

smackdownhctp_legends_iron_01.jpg

smackdownhctp_legends_iron_07.jpg

Edited by KingofOldSchool

Here are all of the "free" videos that they have up on their site, the rest are for Insiders, blah...

Nicholai Volkoff:

1) Bearhug from hell

2) Wearing him down

3) Intro

The Undertaker:

1) We miss the old gimmick

Hillbilly Jim:

1) Hogan taught him this

Hawk:

1) Intro

2) Another victory for the Road Warrior

3) One of the greatest tag-teamers ever

Animal:

1) Taking care of business

The Iron Sheik:

1) Camel Clutch from hell

2) Intro

3) Total destruction

George "The Animal" Steele:

1) We hope he's disinfected

2) Painful splash

3) Hairy yet gentle

4) Intro

Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka:

1) Pretending he's Moroco

...I know somone else will do this more formally with all of the videos, but this is just for the time being, enjoy.

I'm off to watch them all now myself. :D

Edited by Downhome

Guest Choken One

Holy shit Taker looks great...

Any reason for the matches show...I mean LOD/Dudleys I get but why Volkoff/Haas...shouldn't it Be Angle...or Dibiase/Test...

Maven I.E Virgil 2 should be there instead...

Guest KJ Brackish
The PURPLE gloves and boot covers?

BOOOOOOOOOOOO.

AWWWWW.... c'mon..... those rawked da casbah! They truely r0x0rd EVERYTHING!

IMO!

DFA

Guest Choken One

um...the first picture he is wearing Gray tie...so i guess naturally he has both but I still wonder why waste space for Old School taker when you could just give him the old school alternative instead.

Guest The Decadent Slacker

Damn...apart from Hillbilly, they look great. I'm obligated to create Savage, just for the prospect of a Savage/Steele that won't suck ass.

According my local walmart, "if" it comes it's on Tues. I'm already fucking there.

Guest Choken One

Man...Road Warriors/WGTT will be a fun match to have...

With Dibiase I'm going STRAIGHT to angle baby.

Superfly/RVD is a natural...

Piper? Who else but JERICHO.

um...the first picture he is wearing Gray tie...so i guess naturally he has both but I still wonder why waste space for Old School taker when you could just give him the old school alternative instead.

That tie has purple stripes, but good point about other costumes.

And as for DiBiase's music, that HAS to be a clip from an old version or something. Seriously, he didn't have licensed music... That was in-house stuff (and DAMN GOOD in-house stuff at that). There's no reason they'd have licensing issues getting that song in.

That tie has purple stripes, but good point about other costumes.

And as for DiBiase's music, that HAS to be a clip from an old version or something. Seriously, he didn't have licensed music... That was in-house stuff (and DAMN GOOD in-house stuff at that). There's no reason they'd have licensing issues getting that song in.

No, IGN have confirmed that the legends do not have their own themes and that the themes used in those videos were put there through Create-A-Wrestler Edit mode by the IGN staff themselves.

UYI

The moveset is completely different...

Maybe the legend themes will be unlockable if you complete the Season mode with one of them... I know I'm grasping at straws here, but I just can't see how when all of these guys have had generic Jimmy Johnston WWF music, then why couldn't they have included it? Especially something like Taker's Funeral March... it's friggin' public domain!

For those "Legend" videos, IGN said that most of the music you hear is edited by them, just like we'll be able to do, to give the legends music that is the closest to their original music.

Yes folks, NONE of the legends have their original music/entrances.

The ONLY exception might be Piper, but I can't confirm that or not.

I hope that IGN just has an older build of the game and that we'll all get a surprise next week, but I don' think that's going to happen.

Oh well, just be glad we have the legends in the game at all. If you're anything like me, you just watch the entrances once or twice for everyone (except when recreating a special wrestling moment or when you want to see your CAW's entrance).

So, whatever, heh.

Do they not understand entrances are half the fun of choosing a wrestler? You NEED that music. I mean, why go to the trouble of bringing the legends down in the SWANK~! ring carts if you are going to half-ass their theme music?

For as much as it pisses people off when they don't include a current wrestler's actual theme, I can't believe they're not going to have the classic wrestlers' theme. They're killing half the fun.

I found the videos on a fan made SD site right here.

It has all of the videos, including the ones for Insiders only.

*runs off to watch them*

Interesting.. Old School Taker has some sort of Funeral music in his entrance video.. I know that IGN added the music in the CAW section.. so I wonder if it's one of the "original selections" of music. It's definitely not the usual Funeral March, though.

Still can't wait to play this game, regardless. 27th/28th can't come soon enough!

Back when it was rumoured that the Legends weren't going to have their music anyway, I wondered what the hell the point would be since CAW is right there to give you the same thing.

But after seeing those models... wow. Except for Jim, they look damn good, far better than anything I could have done with CAW. The music is a shame, but by day 7 when I'm hitting Start during the intro, it won't bug me as much.

Back when it was rumoured that the Legends weren't going to have their music anyway, I wondered what the hell the point would be since CAW is right there to give you the same thing.

But after seeing those models... wow. Except for Jim, they look damn good, far better than anything I could have done with CAW. The music is a shame, but by day 7 when I'm hitting Start during the intro, it won't bug me as much.

True enough, I too usually skip the intros after the first week of playing. Unless I'm REALLY into a characters intro, that is.

Guest Scotsman

Well, I don't think I'm buying this bad boy. I've been toying with the idea, and theres so many reasons to, but with my buddy getting it too, I don't think I will. I'll wait till Smackdown 6, and pray that we'll have the option to relive classic matches(ala Giant Gram). The legends theme music issue was the straw on the camels back for me.