TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Insane Bump Machine

The One and Only Smackdown! HCTP Thread

C'mon, Scotsman... Entrance music is cool, but it shouldn't be THE deciding factor on if you get a game or not. Like the one guy said a few pages back, once you've been playing for a while, you'll probably skip all the entrances anyhow. ^_^

Apparently The Game Guide is now out, and alot of cool new info is coming out. Like assigning Logic (like in the japanese games) to your CAWS:

Here's what I heard:

"Logic Menu:

Logic 1: Choose your Superstar's primary game plan while being controller by computer.

Logic 2: Choose your Superstar's secondary game plan while being controlled by computer.

Move: Decide whether your Superstar's in-ring movesments are clever or aggressive while being controlled by the computer.

Irish Whip: Decide how often your Superstar performs Irish Whips while being controlled by the computer.

Attack the Referee: Take a stand on whether or not your Superstar will attack the ref while being controlled by the computer.

weapon Use: Choose whetherr o r not your Superstar will use weapons while being controlled by the computer.

Diving Moves: Decide how often you want your Superstar to execute high-risk aerial attacks while being controlled by the computer.

Taunt: Dictates how often your Superstar performs taunts while being controlled by the computer."

Finally something to make CAWs more unique in the ring... game keeps looking better and better. Hopefully IGN will have more on this in their update tonight.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

Man, you guys should just buy Legends of Wrestling. The Smackdown video game series is screwing the fans around just like their tv show.

Man, you guys should just buy Legends of Wrestling. The Smackdown video game series is screwing the fans around just like their tv show.

Been there, bought the sequel, sold back it to EB a month later.

IGN's Season mode profile is up at: http://sports.ign.com/articles/456/456205p1.html Not that much Info but it's something right?

Certainly not, but it wasn't intended to be. Since from what I understand, today's update in the PS2 section is supposed to go more in-depth on season mode, as well as the CAW features. The profile in the sports section is more of a teaser.

IGN's Season mode profile is up at: http://sports.ign.com/articles/456/456205p1.html  Not that much Info but it's something right?

Certainly not, but it wasn't intended to be. Since from what I understand, today's update in the PS2 section is supposed to go more in-depth on season mode, as well as the CAW features. The profile in the sports section is more of a teaser.

That's good to hear,

though I'd rather it be in Sports section. Because it takes forever to access the Media in the PS2 section.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent
Too bad LOW is slow, and after the first week, you really don't want to play anymore.

I think thats affects of marijuana and television, not the gameplay.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
Where the hell is Zsasz, I need someone to really mark out for Old School Taker with me here.

UYI

MAAAAARRRRKING OUT FOR TAAAAAAAAAAAAAKERRRRRRRRRRRR!

Let's hope he has 4 Costumes: Original, Purple, Coolest One, and Ministry.

to anyone interested in seeing the scans of the SD:HCTP guide there is a bunch of them at:

http://home.comcast.net/~akramosama/guide.htm

Warning however It's fairly big page.

That page rocks! from it, I learned two things:

1. they gave SOH the swanton bomb back

2. Rock does his little sit down and clap at the face taunt he did when Hurricane beat him

Only 3 more days!

C'mon, Scotsman... Entrance music is cool, but it shouldn't be THE deciding factor on if you get a game or not.  Like the one guy said a few pages back, once you've been playing for a while, you'll probably skip all the entrances anyhow.  ^_^

Never refer to me as "that guy". ;)

I'm pretty excited by this game, I have to say, but I'm still gonna wait until I get a general consensus from reviews before I decide to buy it or not. I'm still shocked no one has been able to match No Mercy for N64 despite at least a dozen wrestling games coming out since then. What, was the secret formula lost and no developers can play the game to figure out what makes it so special?

Guest MentallyNormal

I wonder if they're ever gonna have online abilities. Just think wrestling people online using your created wrester. Have tourneys,etc.

They seriously need to consider that in the future.

The game looks awesome.

If they just had a game with solid gameplay and online capability it would be off the charts. All the bells and whistles we expect on top of that would be considered a bonus at that point.

I wonder if they're ever gonna have online abilities. Just think wrestling people online using your created wrester. Have tourneys,etc.

According to a blurb from IGN, Yukes is currently developing an online wrestling game for Japan, where you can create a wrestler and bring him online to fight others, although at the cost of 500 yen per month. Not much else is known though. So Yukes is at least taking a look at online possibilities.

Anyway, it appears I was wrong, at least for now, as only an article on the CAW feature is up.

Edited by KingofOldSchool

According to a blurb from IGN, Yukes is currently developing an online wrestling game for Japan, where you can create a wrestler and bring him online to fight others, although at the cost of 500 yen per month. Not much else is known though. So Yukes is at least taking a look at online possibilities.

Anyway, it appears I was wrong, at least for now, as only an article on the CAW feature is up.

Interesting. I'd be willing to pay $5 [aka 500 yen] a month for an online wrestling game.. providing the engine was a good one.

For this year's installment players will be able to import up to 56 wrestlers into a single season (taken from two memory cards that can house 32 grapplers each; hey that's eight guys that will have nothing to do!). Each personality can either be male or female and when totaled with the save file on the memory card, only accounts for 360KB of total space (up from last year's 228KB, but way down from Just Bring It's whopping 4 Megabyte monster).

from IGN. Looks like there will be room for a shit load of CAW's. Now we can add in everybody who didn't make it, plus a ton of other guys.

For this year's installment players will be able to import up to 56 wrestlers into a single season (taken from two memory cards that can house 32 grapplers each; hey that's eight guys that will have nothing to do!). Each personality can either be male or female and when totaled with the save file on the memory card, only accounts for 360KB of total space (up from last year's 228KB, but way down from Just Bring It's whopping 4 Megabyte monster).

from IGN. Looks like there will be room for a shit load of CAW's. Now we can add in everybody who didn't make it, plus a ton of other guys.

Dude, that's awesome!!

Argh! Four more days!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I was hoping the new EGM would have a review, but it did not.

OT, it had a review for Raw 2, where it got pretty much the worst scores I've seen a wrestling game get in some time. There was a sidebar telling people to go download EWR instead, which made me happy.

C'mon, Scotsman... Entrance music is cool, but it shouldn't be THE deciding factor on if you get a game or not.  Like the one guy said a few pages back, once you've been playing for a while, you'll probably skip all the entrances anyhow.   ^_^

Never refer to me as "that guy". ;)

Sorry, Downhome, I just was posting it and couldn't be bothered to see who write it. Much apologies! :lol:

Oops... sorry. Hit send twice. Just delete this or whatever.

On the other hand... I could use this space to ask again: Is the teeth problem with CAWs from SDSYM fixed?

Wow, you only need to say you're sorry one time, thanks a lot! ;)

Oops... sorry. Hit send twice. Just delete this or whatever.

On the other hand... I could use this space to ask again: Is the teeth problem with CAWs from SDSYM fixed?

From IGN...

"Oh and before we forget, your CAWs still don't have realistic-looking teeth; though it sometimes appears as though they have a tooth-like substance in their mouths. It depends on the animation, really."

...and also check this out...

smackdownhctp_caw_102303_35.jpg

...is it really that big of a deal though?

GameSpot just gave this game a final score of 9.0 Superb rating, giving it the GameSpot Editor's Choice award, the 31st game on any of the next-gen systems, to get that award.

The entire written review isn't up yet, but should be soon with details about the score!