TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Insane Bump Machine

The One and Only Smackdown! HCTP Thread

Argh... that 5th Ultimo video confirms what I had heard from others, that Warping is indeed a part of HCTP after we were promised moving your opponent around in the ring would be vital to hitting moves properly.

The whole 'warping' aspect of SD! never bothered me greatly, but being told it will no longer happen when it clearly still will does.

Oh well, should still be great, already pre-paid for the game yesterday (which, as has been pointed out earlier, apparently makes no sense, but hey, I like the fact that I've already paid for it and can pick it up whenever I feel like).

I haven't seen the video, but I would assume that they would put in SOME warping, just because alot of people wouldn't position their opponents exactly where they should be.

I'm fucking ENGROSSED in Tiger Woods 2004, so I hope I get it mostly out of my system by the time HCTP cames around.

Seriously, TW2K4 is one of the deepest games I've ever played.

EDIT: Amazon has the release date listed as the 30th.

For the sake of reference, these are the dates being listed by retailer's websites:

Future Shop: October 27th (estimated)

Best Buy: 'Search' is down and I couldn't find it. I assume the same as FS since it's the same company (or so I hear in Canada).

FYE: October 27th

EB: Ships on the 27th (so, 28-29th)

GameStop: Pre-Release ETA: 10/27/03

and so on... so, very likely, by the 28th it should be in most stores.

One question to all the lovers of this game....

Will HCTP live up to the HYPE~?

I think so. I mean, it can't be any worse than WMXIX..

I liked WMXIX. The control was nice and the graphics were shiney. The Hell in a Cell matches were good, too.

Single player sucked, though.

I only found WMXIX fun if I was playing with one to three other friends. I hated the mission mode. Hated isn't even a strong enough word actually. Honestly, I have way more fun playing SYM on my own than any of the other WWE games out there - and that works out just fine since I live alone. ;p

For the sake of reference, these are the dates being listed by retailer's websites:

Future Shop: October 27th (estimated)

Best Buy: 'Search' is down and I couldn't find it. I assume the same as FS since it's the same company (or so I hear in Canada).

FYE: October 27th

EB: Ships on the 27th (so, 28-29th)

GameStop: Pre-Release ETA: 10/27/03

and so on... so, very likely, by the 28th it should be in most stores.

Microplay = 27th at noon sharp.

You know where I'm going to be. GETTING THIS GAME~!

WOOO~!

I liked WMXIX. The control was nice and the graphics were shiney. The Hell in a Cell matches were good, too.

Single player sucked, though.

I only found WMXIX fun if I was playing with one to three other friends. I hated the mission mode. Hated isn't even a strong enough word actually. Honestly, I have way more fun playing SYM on my own than any of the other WWE games out there - and that works out just fine since I live alone. ;p

Mission mode wasn't as bad as some of you made out to be. Not suggestioning that I would like it kept (get it the fuck out of the game), just saying you guys did overexaggerate.

...except on that fucking cell stage. God damned thing was hard as hell to beat.

Mission mode wasn't as bad as some of you made out to be. Not suggestioning that I would like it kept (get it the fuck out of the game), just saying you guys did overexaggerate.

Meh, it's a matter of preference. I hated the fucking thing. I hated the movement. I hated the camera angles. I hated the borning missions that were pretty much identical one-after-the-other. It was a stupid idea and I hope that THQ/Yukes learn at least one lesson from this mistake - The WM series on Gamecube NEEDS A FUCKING SEASON/CAREER MODE!

I just pre-orderd at GameStop, woohoo! Next week can't get here soon enough!

I also pre-ordered the new TMNT game today, so I'll have that tomorrow.

I got Jak II today, heh.

It just (recently) hit me that Hawk is one of the Legends in the game. I'll be sure to use him.

That's interesting. I wonder if they'll dedicate the game to him like they did for Owen in Attitude.

One question to all the lovers of this game....

Will HCTP live up to the HYPE~?

Games rarely actually live up to the hype. Not the actually the games fault, people just over hype them. Like GTA:VC was a good game but it didn't live up to the insane hype it got.

Well, SD:SYM was alot better than I thought it would be. This one looks tons better than SYM... so I'll say HCTP will come very close to matching to living up to the hype.

Guest The Decadent Slacker

Wal-Mart: 10/28...which it better fucking be.

When they "superstar voice overs", do they mean like a GTA type deal is season mode, or like Warzone when it happens during the match? i always fucking hated the during the match ones.

watching some of the vids, there are some cool new moves in here, like Rey has Code Red and Rodney Mack's Tiger Driver '91 both look sweet. I'm hoping moves like the cradle piledriver, Styles Clash, Ki Krusher '99, Angel's Wings, etc. are in

Just watching IGN video: http://ps2movies.ign.com/ps2/video/smackdo...nce_02_free.mov

And Stephanie does the Styles Clash to Vince. It's pretty cool.

I wasn't planning on making AJ, but now I guess I have too...

Guest Real F'n Show
watching some of the vids, there are some cool new moves in here, like Rey has Code Red and Rodney Mack's Tiger Driver '91 both look sweet. I'm hoping moves like the cradle piledriver, Styles Clash, Ki Krusher '99, Angel's Wings, etc. are in

Just watching IGN video: http://ps2movies.ign.com/ps2/video/smackdo...nce_02_free.mov

well that was totally unexpected. thanks for showing me that, I didn't even think to watch that vid for any cool moves. yeah I'm probably gonna fill up all 32 slots with indy guys

Guest JMA

I could never really get into the SYM engine. I (like many others) prefer the simpler and less complex No Mercy engine. Of course, that engine should be updated itself (I don't like having to grapple to do a Super kick). Can you edit the names of the wrestlers in this game? Just wondering.

And I, for one, am glad The Ultimate Warrior is out of the game.

And I, for one, am glad The Ultimate Warrior is out of the game.

How so? I, personally, was REALLY looking forward to squashing guys as The Warrior... and his entrance could've been made awesome (Of course, you would of had to edit it, because I heard that all legends come out in ring carts.)

Anyway, just got back from EB at the local shopping mall facility... and with $52.99 down on the game... I can just walk into EB on the 28th (which I was told), hand over the receipt, and they'll just have to fork over the game.

Ah man, thats fucking AWESOME. I'm definately making Styles now, even though I hate the trouble of making the CAWs.

I'm not sure if ANY store will have it untill the 29th. At least that's what I was told by everyone today.

The only ones that might have it on the 28th, are those stores which are VERY close to wherever it is that they ship them out from.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

I love how JMA says the he is glad Warrior didn't make it?

If you don't like him... don't use him. Why be glad if the rest of us don't get to, man? Shit like that is the reason everyone thinks you're a douche.