TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Insane Bump Machine

The One and Only Smackdown! HCTP Thread

Hell, the ref ALWAYS gets in my way. I go to pin a guy when the ref is standing next to me, and I grapple Earl instead. Meanwhile, the opponent gets up and kicks my ass.

I'll miss the commentary. It won't seem complete w/out it :(

Guest John Dub

Are you guys kidding me? I think SD's ref is the most innovative thing to come along in a wrestling game in some time. In a tag match, run in and distract him before he can count the three or just knock him out when he's about to get the 3. Knock him out so you can get a chair shot in here or there.

He barely, if ever gets in my way and I think it's a great way of replicating what we see on TV these days (Although that may not be the best thing)

smackdownhctp_102003_undertaker_11.jpg

I hate this version of the Tombstone... it makes it seem like you can easily escape because Taker isn't holding you... you're holding on, yourself, at that point.

HEY Look! Brock's legs go through the Deadman's arms!

I hate this version of the Tombstone... it makes it seem like you can easily escape because Taker isn't holding you... you're holding on, yourself, at that point.

HEY Look! Brock's legs go through the Deadman's arms!

Just change the Undertaker's tombstone to Kane's version of the tombstone if you hate it that much.

;)

Well, he doesn't need to hold him when his arms go right through his legs.

Either way, the move only works when you are in 6 man tags and you are Tombstoning Shane McMahon.

Argh... that 5th Ultimo video confirms what I had heard from others, that Warping is indeed a part of HCTP after we were promised moving your opponent around in the ring would be vital to hitting moves properly.

The whole 'warping' aspect of SD! never bothered me greatly, but being told it will no longer happen when it clearly still will does.

Oh well, should still be great, already pre-paid for the game yesterday (which, as has been pointed out earlier, apparently makes no sense, but hey, I like the fact that I've already paid for it and can pick it up whenever I feel like).

I did change Taker's Tombstone in SYM, and I suppose that I'll do the same for HCTP. I was just saying that I hate that particular version.

Guest Ghettoman

I liked the version, mainly for the impact.

Sad to see outside of a few signatures Ultimo has the same generic cruiser moveset from SYM.

Two things I hope for are the same amount of classic moves ala Tiger Driver or certain leg locks if not more, more throw moves like Tazz Belly to Belly 1, and have those move's more useful outside of the ring.

And any word on if weapons will be usable in HITC this time around?

smackdownhctp_102003_undertaker_13.jpg

I don't like that chokeslam undertaker does in HCTP. They need to have the chokeslam how The Rock sells it. Brock Lesnar is starting to sell it like him also.

Argh X2! It appears THQ has also broken the Weight system promise, limiting it only to bodyslams. Recent videos indicate Rey and toss Big Show aroudn with ease.

I wouldn't say so,

Only time Rey tossed the Big Show (at least in the videos I've seen) was with a snap mare which is a leverage move that uses Big Show's own momentum rather than Rey's power. So you'd probably also see Rey maybe Hip Toss, Rana, Arm Drag or Irish Whip him but not never actually lift him up.

It's not totally accurate but at least sorta believable, I think No Mercy's Weight system worked pretty much the same way.

Well, I have a very bad habit of taking 2nd hand information from IRC without clicking on the link evidence they provide. I generally just check out the videos of entrances and finishers for people I wanted to see through this thread.

The person told me the video was a link of Rey choketossing Big Show... but why would a choketoss be one of Rey's moves?

Thinking about it further, I think he was complaining about the reversal animation for the turnbuckle moves... sorry for just jumping the gun without actually checking out the video while this HCTP hater on IRC ranted and raved.

Here's a reversal people should be complaining about..

In The IGN "Big Man, Little Man" Ultimo Vs. Kane video. Kane reverses a Powerbomb with a Samurai DDT. I sure hope they fix that...

I have just completed my pre-order on EB's web site. My life is now complete.

This was pretty much the only thing I wanted for my birthday. Everything else is just gravy.

Will the game be in stores on Monday the 27th? If not I'll have to order it online (with shipping and handling, damnit), because I'll be home through Monday but there's no where to buy games at school...

It's supposed to ship on the 27th... which means some stores that get it will sell it early (EB and Game Stop do this I think). But 28th is the official release date when most stores will def. have it in stock and ready to sell.

Should be everywhere on the 29th though.

I can't wait, I seriously can't stand waiting for games to be released. Watching the online moves and hearing vague facts and rumors. Wish it just come out already and end this madness.

Honestly? I'm just glad that my GF is into video games and shit like this, so I won't get on her bad side if I'm spending too much time playing. ;p