TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Insane Bump Machine

The One and Only Smackdown! HCTP Thread

Guest OnlyMe
Damn, she looks as hot in the game as she does in real life...

You, er, don't have a girlfriend, do you?

Guest Scotsman
Going back to using In Game Models for the Vs. screen is a move I very much approve of.

I just hope that they'll show actual models of the CAW's.

Those character models look really bad.

They do? I thought they looked pretty good, considering it's for PS2. But hey, what do I know? I've only been playing videogames for 15 years.

You are definitely in awe (or blandness) of the niceness of WMXIX and RAW2.

Seriously, I really hope this plays out well. Personally, I'm leaning to buying WMXIX so far. Yes, it has a crappy story mode, but at least the "King of The Ring" thing isn't half bad.

I mean, my Caw of perfect 10s got it's ass whooped by Chavo Guerrero (who became the World Heavyweight Champion).

I think the models look fine. If you're talking about the picture from Gamespot with the intro to the Elimination Chamber match, you can't really decide based on that pic as it's fairly old and we've seen a lot better from IGN's 90% build of the game. Heck, just look at the Goldberg model during his entrance.. or even that screencap of Victoria having her arm raised in victory. I think the models look great. Way better than the cartoony WMXIX look and the blocky RAW 2 look.

Going back to using In Game Models for the Vs. screen is a move I very much approve of.

Am I the only one who is hoping that the "versus screen" contains animations similar to that of the TV shows? What I mean, is when you see "versus screens" on the RAW or Smackdown tv shows, they have the wrestlers doing a little pose or something before the motioncap stops. That'd be a cool little thing to include.

They do? I thought they looked pretty good, considering it's for PS2. But hey, what do I know? I've only been playing videogames for 15 years.

I think he means in some of the more recent builds, they do look alittle off, but that has to be expected due to them putting in the other graphics, they probably had to tone back on the poly count(at least that is what it looks like to me)

And how does playing games 15 years make your ability to SEE better than his. He looked at the models and didn't think they looked good.

Since Austin is now the co-GM of RAW, I have this feeling I'm rarely gonna use him in this game as a wrestler. I havent used him in ages for SYM. I dunno why, I guess its just because he doesnt wrestle on tv anymore, so I dont bother using him either.

I think he means in some of the more recent builds, they do look alittle off, but that has to be expected due to them putting in the other graphics, they probably had to tone back on the poly count(at least that is what it looks like to me)

And how does playing games 15 years make your ability to SEE better than his. He looked at the models and didn't think they looked good.

Many people I know who aren't gamers don't understand hardware limitations and things of that nature, that's why I consider it somewhat relevant. Someone who has been playing games for a long time will understand better the work it requires to get decent models (and likenesses, in this case) out of fairly slow hardware (PS2). I've had non-gaming engineering friends tell me the gamecube's Resident Evil remakes had "easy to pull off" graphics. They thought you just pull some hoodoo, throw in some quick programming and voila, instant graphics. I've even been asked why they don't just take a photograph of things and use that ( :rolleyes: ) Some people just have no idea what goes into them.

Now, I spouted that off ignorantly towards Nevermortal (assuming perhaps he had a similar mindset to above) and I apologize for that. If he doesn't like them, he doesn't like them.

Guest Metallica

It's strange that they decided to put HBK's worst ever pair of tights in the game (brown?!)

Yeah, but at least they have the WM 19 tights in- Old School HBK. It always pissed me off that they never had any pre-made HBK tights in the game, you always had to make them.

Yeah, but at least they have the WM 19 tights in- Old School HBK. It always pissed me off that they never had any pre-made HBK tights in the game, you always had to make them.

In SYM was the worst. HBK wrestling in a fucking nWo shirt, or a white t-shirt and jeans.

Bah, I hate that. But with this game, he actually has TIGHTS (brown or not), so I'll be giving HBK a decent push.

;)

In SYM was the worst. HBK wrestling in a fucking nWo shirt, or a white t-shirt and jeans.

Bah, I hate that. But with this game, he actually has TIGHTS (brown or not), so I'll be giving HBK a decent push.

;)

In defense of that, when the game was released he had only wrestled in one match back in- you guessed it- a white shirt and jeans. And when he was managing the nWo, he wore the shrit and jeans. He never actually put on the tights. And if I'm not mistaking, the first time he wore old school HBK tights was at Armageddon in the 2-3 falls match w/ Trips.

Guest John Dub

;)

In defense of that, when the game was released he had only wrestled in one match back in- you guessed it- a white shirt and jeans. And when he was managing the nWo, he wore the shrit and jeans. He never actually put on the tights. And if I'm not mistaking, the first time he wore old school HBK tights was at Armageddon in the 2-3 falls match w/ Trips.

I'm pretty sure it was the Elimination Chamber at Survivor Series, but the point still stands.

I was over at IGN, and it looks like they're gonna start going for multiple wrestlers a day. And next week is also when they start going in-depth with the previews and such, with Wednesday apparently being about the legends. Also, the CAW and career mode was mentioned as having an article unto themselves.

Anyway, todays two wrestlers are Steven Richards and Tajiri.

Edited by KingOfOldSchool

;)

Yes, I am aware of that.

But they still could of had an alternate attire that was actual TIGHTS, for HBK. It's kinda sucky trying to wrestle a HBK match when he has jeans and a tee on.

I was simply commentating on how detailed the graphics are.

Anyway, I miss Austin coming out to Disturbed.

*goes back to playing Just Bring It.

I was simply commentating on how detailed the graphics are.

Anyway, I miss Austin coming out to Disturbed.

*goes back to playing Just Bring It.

I agree. The Disturbed track rocked. Way better than the original. Though, I also liked his heel-Alliance theme too..