TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ace309

Low Ki: Capable worker or liability?

name one time where a lightweight fighter ever knocked out a fighter that weighed more than 50lbs using an strike based offense? in boxing or mma.

Mirko "Crocop" Filipovic 6'2" 213 lbs.

vs.

Bob "The Beast" Sapp 6'3" 350 lbs.

Mirko's not a lightweight but thats almost 150 pound difference. Anyone remember the result of that fight?

*sound of glass shattering*

That would be Sapp's jaw.

Guest TonyJaymzV1

alright, we proved our point, you've got jack shit to back up your argument...so, we win :)

ever see low-ki in person? he weighs 150lbs tops. you cannot tell me that some guy who's spike dudley's size is knocking out guys with 50-100lbs on him with karate kicks?

Sorry, I HAVE to jump all over this schmuck.

BRUCE LEE

The "Little Dragon" would waste ANYBODY he ever fought. Why? Speed, strength, incredible amount of muscle packed into his small frame, and intelligence. Hmmm...

You know, there's a reason his catchphrase (well, attempted catchphrase) is "it's not the size of the fighter that matters, but the size of the fight he will bring." It's not just some kayfabed saying to get him over. It's also 100% true.

Want a real life example? Okay.

My friend Kyle and my friend Wes were fighting, just for the hell of it. Wes is about 6'5", 270, and Kyle is about 5'5", 120 (if that). Kyle whooped Wes's ass. Speed and knowledge of how to fight. The smarter fighter will always prevail.

And I know every previous poster has stated Bruce Lee, but it needs to said again.

Guest The Last Free Voice

Just to add my .02 I really like Low-Ki. I think he is incredibley fun to watch, and his in ring work is getting better. Watch his AJ Styles match from two weeks ago on TNA and some of his early TNA stuff, i saw a big difference.

^ **agrees entirely**

I'll admit he needs to work on his selling a little better, but you know what? He's still really, really good. Stiff? Incredibly. Fun to watch? Yes.

As for smaller men knocking out a big man with kicks to the head, hell, watch the very first match of the very first UFC pay-per-view. I forget the French kickboxer's name, but he put down fatass sumo wrestler Telia Tuli with two crushing kicks to the head, despite weighing less than half of what his opponent did.

I think Low Ki is stiff yes, but capable of entertaning....ABSOLUTLY.Also, we may just see about Tysons jaw holding up...he has OFFICIALLY fucking signed with K-1. I hope he faces someone small ,and gets his ass kicked...and proves some of you wrong...because the ones MAKING sense out of the whole things have facts...the ones who believe bigger isn't always better.....Wait the fuck a minute.......Please, the rest of you, no innuendos, stay on topic...**Crosses fingers...knowing that he may have just started an inuenndo-laden FESt!!!!**Anyway,I can't wait to see Poor ass Tyson get his tatoo fucked up head kicked inside out.....or vise-versa.....MAYBE...

ever see low-ki in person? he weighs 150lbs tops. you cannot tell me that some guy who's spike dudley's size is knocking out guys with 50-100lbs on him with karate kicks? think about it, this is the equivalent of saying oscar de la hoya (who's 154lbs and a hard puncher) can knock out mike tyson or evander holyfield (both weigh in between 225-200lbs).

Um, pro wrestling isnt real and thats what makes it fun, the little guy CAN beat the big guy. I know WWE has tried to knock that mentality out of you, but isnt that type of feud always the best, I mean Hogan vs Andre carried the company for how many years? (even if both guys were big, size wise, Hogan was the underdog and they played it up)