TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cartman

Pedro Martinez is GONE after 2004

WEEI radio in Boston just reported that Jon Miller had an interview with Pedro tonight, and Pedro says he is sick of the Media and the Fans getting on him in Boston. He says he wiull take his 17.5 million next year and without a doubt walk after the season...unless the Sox trade him before then.

I wish they would trade this Cancer before he completely ruins the chemistry of this current batch of players. Hell I would go as far as benching his sorry ass for the rest of the season until he can be dealt in the Off-Season. Yea that would be stupid and would severely hurt the Red Sox chances of making the playoffs, but how can you put a guy that blatantly makes these comments on the mound in a heated pennant race? If you were Grady little could you put him on the mound to try and win important games for you? I couldnt.

He's going to the Yankees if he goes anywhere. I can feel it.

That's why they should trade him to a team that could afford to re-sign him after 2004 like the Mets or Dodgers.

No. I want to feel the venom of NY vs. BOS when he starts at Fenway.

It will be glorious. I hate both teams but the venom would be great.

He's pissed because the fans and media have taken shots at him because he was sick this weekend, so he didn't even come to the ballpark.

I think he'll be back.

I'd love it if he went to NY ... if he thought that Boston fans/media were harsh on him, good luck in NYC. He'd be crying like the little bitch that he is the first time that he got booed, or went on another one if his injury related cold-streaks.

Fuck Pedro. Trade him this off-season, Sox, and get something in return for him.

Reason #341 why the Red Sox can't win the World Series: Idiot fans who don't recognize the value of talent when they see it.

Reason #342 why the Red Sox can't win the World Series: Trading away good players because of concerns over "chemestry."

Reason #341 why the Red Sox can't win the World Series: Idiot fans who don't recognize the value of talent when they see it.

Reason #342 why the Red Sox can't win the World Series: Trading away good players because of concerns over "chemestry."

Recognizing talent but choosing to trade it a year before it leaves for nothing does not an idiot make. If Pedro reiterates that he won't resign but the team does nothing with him would be idiotic.

And it's not the owners or management that is talking about trading him, it's us fans that are sick of him pissing and moaning all the fucking time. Fans say "trade him or he'll fuck up the chemistry", owners don't.

(favorite Pedro whine: that the fact that Americans were only pissed at that 14 year old little leaguer who lied and claimed to be 12 was because he was Dominican. If he was white, we wouldn't have cared that he was a liar or a cheater.)

Alkeiper puts foot in mouth.

Jango makes me smile :)

Sox may not have won for a VERY long time but at least we got a bunch of championships in the beginning...including the first ever World Series.

Not hardly. Boston probably has the worst sports fans outside of Philadelphia and Oakland. Ask a lot of the minority (specifically black) players who have played for the Red Sox how welcome they were made to feel by the fans. Let Mo Vaughn, who was booed out of town at the height of his productivity, tell you about the death threats he used to receive. Pedro might be oversensitive, and he might very well be a prick, but when it comes to the fans of Boston, he looks to have a legitimate beef.

Guest Anglesault

The way Pedro's acting, you would think he's never pulled the ol' phantom injury (The pitcher's best friend.)

I know I'm cynical, but when I hear nothing about a pitcher being hurt before a game where he gets shelled and then after the game suddenly reveals this crippling injury, I raise an eyebrow.

Yes, the Yankees have done this to, but Pedro is one of the worst offenders I've noticed. The other team never BEATS Pedro. If Pedro loses, it wasn't because the opposing team was better, it's that he has a hurt (Blank).

At least Philly has had worthless ownership. There is nothing that can be done about that. Boston has been spending cash, getting players for all these years and still losing.

And Boston is the worst because of the whole "Oh man we're cursed, the Babe is out to get us" shit. And I don't care how many they won before 1918, when there are only a dozen living fans who can lay claim to remembering the team's last championship those titles mean nothing.

Guest The Real Nosferatu

Yankees Rule!!

It's hard to remember them when they sucked ass more than ever. (1979-1993)

Pedro Martinez = most over-rated player since Brady Anderson, even though Anderson was an OF.

I have to disagree there. When Pedro is healthy he is the most dominant player in the game.

If you are looking for the most overrated player(s) in the game I think your own middle infield is a good place to start looking.

Guest undisputedjericho

Why would Theo Epstien do the unthinkable and make a deal with the "Evil Empire?" He would never be able to step foot in a New England state again. Besides, the Yankees farm system is tapped out, unless you want Drew Henson, then I'll bargain.

Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20
And since when do "idiot fans" have any part in winning a world series? The Yankees have won 26 championships and they have the dumbest fans around.

I'm a die hard, actual, TRUE Yankee fan(Not some Asshole who jumped on the Bandwagon back in 96), does that make me dumb ?

Are all Yankee fans dumb ? What makes us so dumb ?

And since when do "idiot fans" have any part in winning a world series? The Yankees have won 26 championships and they have the dumbest fans around.

I'm a die hard, actual, TRUE Yankee fan(Not some Asshole who jumped on the Bandwagon back in 96), does that make me dumb ?

Are all Yankee fans dumb ? What makes us so dumb ?

I think he was speaking of the assholes who jumped on the bandwagon in 96.

Not hardly. Boston probably has the worst sports fans outside of Philadelphia and Oakland. Ask a lot of the minority (specifically black) players who have played for the Red Sox how welcome they were made to feel by the fans. Let Mo Vaughn, who was booed out of town at the height of his productivity, tell you about the death threats he used to receive. Pedro might be oversensitive, and he might very well be a prick, but when it comes to the fans of Boston, he looks to have a legitimate beef.

Ok, so a few fans act stupid, then you group all of us into the same category? When did Mo get "booed out of town at the height of his productivity?" Was that after he basically called fans "stupid" after they got on him a bit during a slump? Hey, I'll admit Boston fans can get a little insane once in a while, but I'm getting fucking sick of this "Boston fans are racist pricks" stigma people seem to put on them. People got on Pedro's case because they're in the middle of a playoff race and he decided to call in sick right before a big start. They really didn't know exactly how sick he was, but Pedro has skipped out before like this ("shutting it down" at the end of last season was a good example), and it got them a little angry. Want to say minorities aren't welcome? What about David Ortiz? Paul Pierce? Manny Ramirez when he plays like Manny can? Ty Law and Lawyer Milloy?

The basic mindset of Boston fans is this: Play well, and be able to tolerate us getting on you a little if you don't, and you'll be ok with us. Race has ZERO to do with what we think of a player, ok? This isn't Tom Yawkey not giving Jackie Robinson a tryout in the 60s because he was black anymore, alright?

Normally I agree with you, Tom, but that was a STUPID statement to make.

"The basic mindset of Boston fans is this: Play well, and be able to tolerate us getting on you a little if you don't, and you'll be ok with us."

This seems to be the common trend with the big east coast cities (Boston, Philly, and NY). And I am sick of how the rest of the country thinks that attitude is wrong.

My biggest pet peeve it fans like the St. Louis Cardinals fans. Just because they cheer everything and anything then they are the greatest fans in the world. Now they may be great fans (I have never been there, don't know the mindset), but just because you cheer doesn't make you a great fan. Giving your heart to a team makes you a great fan and when you do that sometimes you don't want to be cheering subpar, half-assed performances.

The basic mindset of Boston fans is this: Play well, and be able to tolerate us getting on you a little if you don't, and you'll be ok with us.

So why can't it work the other way around. You say its ok to get on the athlete's case, so why can't he get on yours a little?

It's hard to remember them when they sucked ass more than ever. (1979-1993)

You know, the funny thing about that statement is that the Yankees actually had the best record in the 1980s.

You wouldn't know what being a Boston sports fan is like unless you actually ARE one. Tom and Pin are absolutely correct. That racism thing died a LONG time ago...and it was the team, not the fans, that had the racist tendencies.

We boo great players, true, but that's only when said great players play like crap. Just because we boo them doesn't mean we want them traded or run out of town...we want them to play BETTER because we want to WIN.

I had an argument with a friend of mine at work just yesterday in fact because he said he doesn't blame Red Sox fans who have gotten sick of cheering and hoping for the losing to stop in Boston for becominng Yankee fans like so many have. I told him he was nuts. Anyone who stops rooting for the team they decided to root for in the first place because they don't win championships is just plain lame. Half the fun of being a Red Sox fan is the anticipation of them finally endng the long streak of no championships. It's one of the reasons that you see almost as many Sox fans as their opponents fans in road games. I can;'t count how many times the Sox have played on road games and actually get cheered because there's just as many sox fans in the seats as the home team's fans.

We boo great players, true, but that's only when said great players play like crap. Just because we boo them doesn't mean we want them traded or run out of town...we want them to play BETTER because we want to WIN.

It's ridiculous to boo them. 90% of the time, they are trying hard. Yes, I know its taboo to say athletes actually work hard, and care about their performance, but they do. They're not playing like crap on purpose, and booing only creates hard feelings in the future. I've referenced Pat Burrell a few times. We have a superstar player, having an abysmal season, and he's cheered. Why? Because Philadelphia fans appreciate the effort, and we know he can hit again.

Burrel's considered a good guy and a good person. If he was a dick, he'd be getting booed. Similarly, someone like Nomar could get away with some of the shit that Pedro doesn't. Why? Because Nomar is - for the most part - a good guy. Pedro is a whiny bitch, so the fans are a lot less likely to let him get away with his crap.

And it's hard to think of a Philly fan talking about how understanding their fans are. You guys are considered as bad as us Boston fans, and the NYC fans, for a reason.