TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

McMahons' reaction to RAW

The McMahons were said to be very happy with how RAW came off this Monday. They felt that the show came off well and they accomplished what they were shooting for.

Management also seems to be fully aware that much of the talent roster is unhappy with how they are being used, but does not have any immediate changes in mind to remedy the situation.

Another interesting item from backstage was the feeling that the improv Vince McMahon birthday party that took place after the Summerslam PPV went off the air was really entertaining. Most felt that it came off well because it was improvised and not heavily scripted.

Credit: 1wrestling.com

-------------------

Well, why on earth wouldn't the McMahons be happy? They came off looking like a million bucks.

And management not doing anything to make the talent happier is exactly why the wrestling monopoly is horrible for the business. They know full well there aren't any viable options for these guys to make a decent living, so they shit all over them and tell them to like it and ask for more.

Management also seems to be fully aware that much of the talent roster is unhappy with how they are being used, but does not have any immediate changes in mind to remedy the situation.

Excellent.

Guest THE MIGHTY THOR
maybe someone like Austin will quit and start their own promotion....

So he could put himself over as a bad ass even though he is nothing more than a half crippled has been.

Guest Loss

Vince has always been solely about what makes him happy, but the difference is that in the past, it was money that made him happiest. Now, it seems to be seeing his family become television stars.

Guest JericholicEdgeHead

"The McMahons were said to be very happy with how RAW came off this Monday. They felt that the show came off well and they accomplished what they were shooting for."

Of course this came from "sources" from Dave Scherer, but I tend to believe it is the truth.

And this is why I have no faith that WWE is going to turn things around with RAW. As long as Vince and Stephanie likes what's going on and their "yes" men like Kevin Dunn, Brian Gerwitz, and Bruce Pritchard say this is what is good wrestling (sports entertainment) then nothing will change and could get worse.

I have given up on thinking things will get better. And what's sad is RAW still gets respectable to even very good ratings and attendance (at least for TV and PPV tapings) is still pretty strong, so as far as the brass at McMahonland is concerned it's buisness as usual.

So I guess all a fan like me can do is wait for the bottom to finally drop out, and maybe..just maybe... then we mind see some changes (at least with RAW).

Guest wwF1587

well if the mcmahons are happy and arent planning to change anything, then I am free on monday nights so im happy

well if the mcmahons are happy and arent planning to change anything, then I am free on monday nights so im happy

I'm with you there. I'm going recaps-only until this thing turns around...if it ever does.

Guest Trivia247

is it just me or after Raw did everyone instantly think of the Comic book guy saying

"WORST RAW EVER!"

Trivia247 Posted on Aug 27 2003, 01:36 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

is it just me or after Raw did everyone instantly think of the Comic book guy saying

"WORST RAW EVER!" 

personally my mind was too melted and burned from trying to figure the whole show out to make a snide TV influenced remark.

Guest Trivia247
I'd love the show too if I put myself all over it.

S_D from dalnet's #WWF?

"WORST RAW EVER!"

AFTER Raw? Look at the OAO thread...I must've said it like four times while the show was still going on.

Word is that Vince McMahon was very happy with RAW's 4.2 rating this week, and is using it to justify WWE's new creative direction as the right one. [PWTorch.com]

New creative direction?

Word is that Vince McMahon was very happy with RAW's 4.2 rating this week, and is using it to justify WWE's new creative direction as the right one. [PWTorch.com]

New creative direction?

I fail to see how any of those words describe WWE at this moment. They are neither new nor creative, and I can't see any kind of direction (except straight down into the ground).

Do we really need another thread for you guys to bitch about Raw in? There must be 10 or 20 up already. Oh, and if there's any truth to the 1wrestling story, it's purely coincidental.

EVERY time there's a massive internet backlash against an episode of Raw, 1wrestling runs a story like this.

Just saying isall.

Yeah, I don't really trust the source either. It's like they're running this to just piss people off.

I'm certain they really did love it, though. Hardly any of that pesky wrestling Vince hates, plenty of S.E. crap. Plus the show closed with an over-the-top ending that will be henceforth known as "Wrestlecrap Definition for 8-29-03."

Maybe TNN should give Vince another show (maybe the highly coveted 3 am timeslot) which can basically be an Osbournes rip off featuring everyone's favorite family, the McMahons. Although to get it, they would have to promise to stay off Raw and SD. It would satisfy his ego and keep him off the wrestling shows. Works for me.

Maybe TNN should give Vince another show (maybe the highly coveted 3 am timeslot) which can basically be an Osbournes rip off featuring everyone's favorite family, the McMahons. Although to get it, they would have to promise to stay off Raw and SD. It would satisfy his ego and keep him off the wrestling shows. Works for me.

Screw that--have them do what bps has proposed time and again--show us the booking meetings where this crap is decided on. That and a lot of the backstage stuff would be far more entertaining than the crap aired on Raw.

New creative direction?

Over the top Hollywood like segments. Next week marvel as Shane and Kane get in a high speed car chase that ends with Kane's car flipping over a few times before exploding in true Chips fashion!!