TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BoboBrazil

Goldberg Gets Storyline Changed

Guest Anglesault
Exactly...I'm glad they didn't paint him with the "I GOT SCREWED" tag and GB just went out there and "That title belongs to me, boy"...

It was refreashing to see a face NOT cry out foul as it's seems to more common these days...

Goldberg always was best as the Lone Wolf Outsider...Not the good people's champion guy

But what the fuck is with the pattern of having a title shot then wrestling Test the next week?

Nash did, Booker did it within a month.

They have more or less built Test up the last few months to the point where some casual fans might actually care about him

I wouldnt go that far

Test was seemingly getting over for a bit, but his last raw match against Steiner put him back in the heatless house. The corwd was DEAD for his entrance and that was one of the first matches on that night. Just hilarious.

... am I one of the only people here that feels Goldberg has grown on him lately? I mean, he's selling consistently, and hasn't really done anything in THIS tenure in the WWE to warant such hate.

I am thoroughly enjoying him right now, and have since he's been here. I haven't particularly enjoyed his matches sans the last one, but i liked him working with Christian, and I didn't like the Backlash match more because the Rock was booked like such a pussy and really exagerrating his character.

Most on here can't get past their beliefs on the guy concerning his backstage demeanor and attitude toward the business, and the fact that he ruined what was left of Bret's career. Much like Michaels.

I mark for the man, and I have fun with the time he's around because it could end at any time.

Guest Trivia247

only time Test seemingly got over in any compacity was when he says that he was gonna make Stacy his whore.

so from 1999 to now led up to that.

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

I imagine Booking 101 says they are doing the right thing with the babyface wrestler after the title right now.

However, Goldberg's character in WCW (when successful) was built around shit like getting hit in the head with a sledgehammer not working and him being unstoppable.

What the WWE have done with Goldberg right now is made him look 'stoppable'. Sure, Goldberg will overcome it but it shows a weakness that his character and aura was built upon not having.

So its a struggle between booking philisophies that will only be amplified by HHH's unwillingness to be buried at any time in any way and insistance to have long PPV matches.

Damn that Triple H and his long PPV matches! He's depriving us of all those two and three minute classics that we really want to shell out $35 for.

Well consider this. I'm sure we all agree that Hogan probably should have jobbed to goldberg on PPV instead of that Nitro. Would it have been better for Hogan to beat Goldberg and then have Bill chase him for a while, or did it glorify him in the best way for him to run right through Hogan at the time?

These are pretty similar situations with VERY different endings.

So everyone is convinced that Goldbergs winning the belt. The stip makes you think so, but it could always end up with another HHH gets himself DQ'ed finish. Goldberg wins the match, doesn't get the belt but doesn't have to go away. If they make it no DQ, then I'll believe it..

Goldberg needed to win at SummerSlam. He was over enough, the fans were into it, and WWE would have gained even more fans if he had of won. Its bad for business having HHH as Champ still, and thats what Vince wants, money.

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame
Damn that Triple H and his long PPV matches! He's depriving us of all those two and three minute classics that we really want to shell out $35 for.

Because WCW always made Goldberg have long PPV matches....

Even Jim Ross has admit long matches do not suit Goldberg. He should wrestle 10mins max. Seeing as HHH campaigned for 30mins with Nash at Bad Blood, you can see where I am coming from.

So everyone is convinced that Goldbergs winning the belt. The stip makes you think so, but it could always end up with another HHH gets himself DQ'ed finish. Goldberg wins the match, doesn't get the belt but doesn't have to go away. If they make it no DQ, then I'll believe it..

This company is also probably convinced that a screwy win for HHH would ADD EVEN MORE HEAT! for a third match where HHH swears this time he'll put Goldberg over, honest this time... No really, wink wink.

We all know that a career stip in a match is worthless. We also know that a second loss to HHH would firmly establish Goldberg as Chump Who COuldn't Get it Done Against HHH # 87.

And we also know that this is a company that loves to not pull the trigger at the right time. Luger's countout win over Yoko, anyone?

You have to wonder, if GB can get these storylines changed why did he job at SS in such foolish fashion?

a] The finish was decided on already.

b] No one knew that they'd botch the hammer shots. You can't exactly just change the finish of a match on the fly, so they just went with it.

So everyone is convinced that Goldbergs winning the belt.  The stip makes you think so, but it could always end up with another HHH gets himself DQ'ed finish.  Goldberg wins the match, doesn't get the belt but doesn't have to go away.  If they make it no DQ, then I'll believe it..

This company is also probably convinced that a screwy win for HHH would ADD EVEN MORE HEAT! for a third match where HHH swears this time he'll put Goldberg over, honest this time... No really, wink wink.

We all know that a career stip in a match is worthless. We also know that a second loss to HHH would firmly establish Goldberg as Chump Who COuldn't Get it Done Against HHH # 87.

And we also know that this is a company that loves to not pull the trigger at the right time. Luger's countout win over Yoko, anyone?

Well, what would you rather have? A Goldberg World Champion who just barely risesly above Scott Steiner as far as match longevity goes? Or Triple H, who while he isn't what he used to be, can at least go for 15 or so minutes.

Goldberg would draw fans. HHH isn't even drawing flies on this shit of a reign. So I rather Goldberg be giving the title and atleast TRY something different. If it fails, give the belt to Jericho but if anything, get the fucking title off of Triple H.

Goldberg would draw fans. HHH isn't even drawing flies on this shit of a reign. So I rather Goldberg be giving the title and atleast TRY something different. If it fails, give the belt to Jericho but if anything, get the fucking title off of Triple H.

So, now Goldberg draws fans? I could've sworn you people were going on and on about how he was so unover, etc. Ah, the smark mind is never satisfied. I don't know about Jericho as a champion, though. I mean, seriously, how much stock can you put into a champion who can't seem to take his eyes off the floor when he's delivering a promo?

Goldberg is not a draw and hasn't been one for 5 years.

Triple H is not a draw either.

After watching Summerslam- Goldberg is the lesser of two evils.

Jericho is an excellent promo man- He can cut a serious promo, a comedic promo- He can do it all on the mic. If they built him up a bit more- he would work as champ

No one is going to draw as champion though. Not HHH, not Goldberg, not HBK.

I think Goldberg would be the best option (except for the no house show thing). I think a match v. Kane at Survivor Series would do an okay buyrate

Well, what would you rather have? A Goldberg World Champion who just barely risesly above Scott Steiner as far as match longevity goes? Or Triple H, who while he isn't what he used to be, can at least go for 15 or so minutes.

Wrong person to ask. I am so bored with HHH I don't want to see him on my TV in any capacity. I'd consider it a step up if they put that belt on Spike Dudley.