TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anglesault

The Suckbag Superkick

Guest Coffey
RVD's Crossface on Benoit.

Huh? RVD tried the crossface? I really don't remember that, but I'm having a fun time imagining it right now.

Heh.

I could be wrong--but Summerslam 2K2?

Yeah. I have it on DVD and just watched it the other day. That's why it was fresh on my mind.

I love it when Chris Benoit does the rolling "Northern Lights Suplexes." The best part was that he hooked the arm behind RVD's back Arn Anderson style so as to still work the shoulder.

Too bad RVD sucks at selling and went over in the match. Benoit should've won with the Crossface that he locked on after the suplexes.

Guest The Real Nosferatu

ANYONES version of the Sharpshooter. Austin USE TO do it nicely, now hes as bad as The Rock.

Hogans Rock Bottom at WM 18 i agree looked pretty good considering 99% of the people who try imitating it suck (cough:Austincough:HHH).

Gunns been doing the "jackhammer" move for a while, or so I thought.

Anyone who imitates Rey Mysterios 6-1-9 with a different number in the Indies.

Austins Angle Slam looked like HBKs old back suplex finisher from 1992

HBKs Razors Edge wasn't too bad, but hes too small to make it look effective. (Small meaning he's only 6'0", while Hall is 6'6"ish)

Austins Angle Slam looked like HBKs old back suplex finisher from 1992

When did Michaels start using SCM as his finisher?

Guest The Real Nosferatu

I never usually abreviate finishing moves except for SSP.

Shawn Michaels did the super kick since he was a Rocker, but it wasn't a "Top level" move until 1994 when he knocked Diesel out with it several times, causing their break up.

Guest CronoT
Anglesault, I think it's pretty unfair to say that Orton hasn't improved anything.  You might not like his push, but you should be able to see his improvement.

He's gone from terrible to horrible. Nice improvement

No heat, no mic skills, poor ring skills.

Orton's push was actually good when he started it, but it just kept getting more and more stale, like a car pile-up that just keeps building.

As for the worst screw-up, I'd have to go with the Brock SSP at WM XIX. He nearly seriously injured himself, and could have killed Angle in the process.

As for the funniest screw-up, I'd DEFINITELY have to go with the Steiner "Superman Dive of Doom."

Too bad this is the thread about stealing another worker's move(s) and doing them poorly, eh?

:D

I think the downright WORST stolen move is when Matt Hardy used to try to do the Swanton back in 2nd quarter '99 when Hayes was managing The Hardy Boyz. I remember Matt trying it a couple of times and just almost crashing head-first into the mat...much like how Jeff has done it for the past year and a half or so.

Guest Coffey
How about HHH's version of the Indian Deathlock...would that count?

I thought that was good. I marked when he broke it out old school style. No one does it that way anymore...

How about HHH's version of the Indian Deathlock...would that count?

I thought that was good. I marked when he broke it out old school style. No one does it that way anymore...

I think the problem that I have with it is that he took FOREVER to put it on.

Yeah, much like some people's figure 4. It's kind of stupid

Very true about the Figure Four.

The two best ones (that I've seen) are Ric Flair's and Tito Santana's, simply for the speed that they put it on.

Though, I did like how long Ric stalled the move at the 2002 Royal Rumble before putting it on Vince McMahon.

Guest The Real Nosferatu

The two best ones (that I've seen) are Ric Flair's and Tito Santana's, simply for the speed that they put it on.

Though, I did like how long Ric stalled the move at the 2002 Royal Rumble before putting it on Vince McMahon.

Was that where Flair danced around like an idiot for 10-15 seconds?

If so, that was FREAKIN Hilarious.

Was that where Flair danced around like an idiot for 10-15 seconds?

If so, that was FREAKIN Hilarious.

Yep, that's the one!

Guest Dids

FWIW- the RKO is still a pretty entertaining move. You just have to ignore the fact that it's a jacked up Diamond Cutter.

Guest The Real Nosferatu

I jsut remembered the Flair thing from RR 02 was put in SD 4: SYM, where he does a little dance, and applies. Of course, its not even close to being as funny.

I jsut remembered the Flair thing from RR 02 was put in SD 4: SYM, where he does a little dance, and applies. Of course, its not even close to being as funny.

Well yeah...because you don't get the classic Flair facial expressions with it like you did at Royal Rumble 02.

Speaking of which...anyone have a video clip of that part of the match? I have it on DVD...but I like to have it on my computer too.

Guest Coffey

I actually like Buff's Blockbuster better than The Hurricane's. Buff seemed to flip more. Hurricane's seems half assed to me. Just like his Shining Wizard.

I actually like Buff's Blockbuster better than The Hurricane's. Buff seemed to flip more. Hurricane's seems half assed to me. Just like his Shining Wizard.

I think that it's one of two things...

1)The outfit restricts some movements, hence the reason some moves seem half-assed.

2) It's in protest for not being allowed to use the Vertibreaker more often.

Guest Coffey

What do you mean it's in protest? Are you saying that the Hurricane does some moves sloppy because he is pouting over his finisher being taken away?

That seems very unprofessional to me, and I don't think that the Hurricane is unprofessional. I would *hope* that he would be above acting so childish and immature.

It'd be like a kid taking his ball and going home because he's losing.

What do you mean it's in protest? Are you saying that the Hurricane does some moves sloppy because he is pouting over his finisher being taken away?

That seems very unprofessional to me, and I don't think that the Hurricane is unprofessional. I would *hope* that he would be above acting so childish and immature.

It'd be like a kid taking his ball and going home because he's losing.

I was joking really. :P

Judging by his commentarries on his website, he likes being in WWE, and probably wouldn't protest like that.

Guest Coffey

Have you ever seen the original?

I know that the Hurricane isn't trying to do the move the exact same way that Keiji Muto does it. Muto jumps off of his opponents knee and knees them in the head. The Hurricane kindof does a running leg lariat.