TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anglesault

The Suckbag Superkick

Have you ever seen the original?

I know that the Hurricane isn't trying to do the move the exact same way that Keiji Muto does it. Muto jumps off of his opponents knee and knees them in the head. The Hurricane kindof does a running leg lariat.

Isn't Hurricane's an entirely different move :huh: Shining Black Wizard, not Shining Wizard, right?

Guest Coffey

Well, it was 'supposed' to be the Shining Wizard. The Hurricane made a joke once stating something to the effect of "It's not really a Shinning Wizard. It's not as good, maybe it should be called the Shinning Black."

It was something like that.

Yeah, I always thought that the move was supposed to be a Shining Black, and JR just called the move wrong, because... well, because JR's old and senile...

Jim Ross, you're stupid. And old. And nobody likes you because you're stupid and old.

Yeah, I always thought that the move was supposed to be a Shining Black, and JR just called the move wrong, because... well, because JR's old and senile...

Jim Ross, you're stupid. And old. And nobody likes you because you're stupid and old.

Oh, good 'ol Bret Hart.

Guest AlcoHALLicForLife
Orton does the Diamond cutter terribly.

I don't think it's bad. It's not a Diamond Cutter either. It's the RKO, his version of the DC. With that being said, it's just his way of doing it, putting his own spin into the move.

Guest Coffey

With the WWE calling it the "RKO" it seems like they are acknowledging Mark Mero's "TKO" and trying to ignore Johnny Ace & DDP.

Maybe that's just that way I look at it.

That's why I always call it the "Super Orton Cutter." I think it's a funny name, and it's basically a super sloppy diamond cutter so the name makes sense.

Guest T0rrent

Wow, 4th page and no one mentioned that fruity People's Elbow Jeff Hardy did on the Rock the night before he got fired?!

He did? I don't remember that, but I do remember it was a good match to finish off on, and Rock made him look like a million bucks.

Guest The Real Nosferatu

How bout Vince McMahons crappy Peoples Elbow he did a few times in 2000. (once he connectd, at KOTR Rock caught him before he finished)

Hardys was gayer than John from the SImpsons.

No, I can't say that i have seen the orginal. But to the untrained eye sort of speak, it doesn't look sloppy.

If you've seen the original, only two possibilites exist.

a) Helms is doing a variation of the move, as some have postulated here, or

b) He's doing one hell of a fucked-up, retarded version of Mutoh's SW.

I mean, seriously. George Hines can do it better.

The RKO quite possibly gets the name due to the knock out reference, Orton's arrogance and his character wanting to name his finisher after himself, and the fact that Randy Keith Orton's initials are.....................R.K.O.

Guest The Rising Star

Whose version of the Over Castle is better? Hurricane or Buff?

Do you mean the Blockbuster/Diamond Dust?

Masato Tanaka does the best.

Sting has the best ScorpionDeathlock /Sharpshooter ever. The speed and the pressure is very well executed.

Essa Rios' moonsault is the best in the business.

Edited by The Rising Star

Whose version of the Over Castle is better? Hurricane or Buff?

Do you mean the Blockbuster/Diamond Dust?

Masato Tanaka does the best.

They are seperate moves. The Blockbuster is a flipping neckbreaker and the Diamond Dust is a flipping stunner. The guy taking the move is facing the complete opposite way.

Hurricane's Shining Wizard isn't that bad..........but it's certainly not the Shining Wizard. Mutoh does a knee to the head and Helms does an enzuigiri, correct?

Not to be a pedant or anything, but Hurricane's Buff Blockbuster is called the Overcast… it's a weather reference, like the Eye of the Storm.

And I must say that Trish Stratus' "spinebuster" is horrendous. And technically, it should be called a sidewalk slam ala Ron Simmons since the attacker doesn't spin around. And the thing they call a sidewalk slam should really be called a side salto or side slam ala Dino Bravo. Unfortunately, that got bastardized in the '90s, most likely by Vince McMahon or Tony Schiavone.

My head hurts.

Yeah, much like some people's figure 4. It's kind of stupid

I remember Dean Malenko trying to put the Figure 4 on somebody, and he couldn't quite figure it out. He ended up maneuvering his opponents legs into position, then sticking his own leg through the "hole". Guess that was the 1 move he *didn't* know :lol:

To be fair, Helms started doing the move on SD, and Tazz and/or Cole called it the Shining Wizard.

Rocky's stunner sucks as bad as Hall's. Rocky did a Crippler Crossface back in 00 that sucked as I recall. He also did a shitacular Ankle Lock, didn't he? Rock should stick to his own moves.

Don't forget Rocky's crappy Pedigree at Judgement Day 2000...

This is what caused the ban on piledrivers. HHH was woozy and couldn't remember the last few minutes of the match because of the Rock's pedigree...but Vince thought it was the tombstone and banned piledrivers....at least that's how I remember it...

I've always heard that it was actually Undertaker's Tombstone on HHH in that match which gave him a Stinger and caused the ban.

Dames

I believe you're correct there, sir. It was when The Undertaker debuted as the American Bad Ass.

If you recall Austin's early versions of the Stunner, it was slow and wasn't as nice visually as it became later.

His stunner's just a more dramatic variation of the stun-gun he used in WCW.

I thought the Stungun was the Hotshot, when you get the guy held up like a spinebuster but fall back so his neck bounces off the rope.

By the way, yes, the seminal Stone Cold Stunner was different in that he took a little longer to position the guy and I think may have gotten off the ground a bit more with it. It wasn't the fluid motion of the KICK-WHAM-STUNNER we see today.

Ecto Cooler is on crack, the SCS is nowhere close to being a Stun Gun.

Guest The Rising Star
You can't possibly think that Stings Sharpshooter > Bret Harts Sharpshooter.

Oh, yes I do. And Benoit's Sharpshooter is better than Bret's too.

Benoit used the Sharpshooter (Sasorigatame) already in the 80's, as well as British Bulldog and Ted DiBiase.

AHHH!! Van Hammer as a glam rocker!

Kidding--I hated Gill. :P

I'd like to nominate any "wrestling moves" that Coach or JR attempt tomorrow night for this topic.