TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iliketurtles

Favorite Jericho vs. Rock match?

You've got No Mercy 2001, Vengeance 2001, Rumble 2002....I'm sure there's more from Raw/SD, but I can't remember. But what's your favorite?

Despite not seeing Vengeance for a while and seeming to like Jericho using the Rock Bottom instead of the Breakdown as the finish...I'll go with No Mercy 2001.

i was there for the rumble, but there seemed to be a little something missing from it. maybe it was the crowd, they didn't even really pop for the near-fall after 2 lionsaults.

i'll go with vengeance. can't really give any concrete reason why, i just remember enjoying it more; probably because there was a little more at stake and i was really rooting for him to win.

there was also a DAMN good little 12-minute match they had on 'raw', with rocky winning on a fluke pin.

they need to work together again, they'd probably be able to put together even better matches than before.

I think I like No Mercy the best because the crowd was 50/50...from what I recall, Vengeance was more or less Pro-Rock, but HOLY SHIT when Jericho won the WCW title....as was I.

And even though Vengeance/Rumble had psychology from the No Mercy match.....and Rumble had the "I am not a joke" promo...No Mercy had the whole "I will win the big one" angle to it.

And about the finishes...I'm mixed on it.

No Mercy had Stephanie coming down with the stupid chair...but Jericho debuted a new finishing move that instantly became over, even if he ended up not using it often.

Vengeance had the Vince interference...but Jericho winning with the Rock Bottom was gold.

Rumble had the interference, ref bullshit, and the cheating pin...but giving Rock a lowblow, hitting his head into the unprotected turnbuckle, school boying him WITH your feet on the ropes is just classic Flair.

I still think No Mercy is still the better of all of them.

Guest Gatornibs

Buildup to No Mercy one was greatest buildup to world title match in last 2-3 years

Buildup to No Mercy one was greatest buildup to world title match in last 2-3 years

Took the words right out of my mouth. No Mercy was just simply brilliant, I could have done without Stephanie although it was funny how she was there to screw Jericho and ended up screwing the Rock instead inadvertedly.

That "I Am Not A Joke" promo is so overrated it isn't funny. I was watching that Smackdown at my friends place and we were in stitches. Jericho is a awful bad ass, sounds like he's screaming everything. Ten times better talking softer and more intensely.

Guest Fook

It's a tossup between No Mercy and the Rumble matches.

I preferred the buidup for No Mercy, but I hated the finish. Vice versa for the Rumble match (yes, even including the "I am not a joke" promo).

The match quality is about the same each time, so it's hard to choose a favourite.

No Mercy slightly edges it out for me, probably because it was their first really big match against one another i was into it a bit more.

I never thought that highly of the "I am not a joke" promo either. I remember watching it and being like "That's nice...".

Jericho putting his hand right in the Rock's face and saying Just Bring It on SD before No Mercy was CLASSIC.

CLASSIC.

No Mercy by far is the greater match. It was the story of Chris Jericho's WWF career up to that point. Basically, the whole feud was about "Will Jericho finally get the much-needed rub?". Rocky played his part very well as usual and also sold well in this great match for Jericho.

yeah No Mercy is my favorite one, with RR 2002 coming second and the Vengeance one i didn't like that much because Jericho was made to look too weak in the weeks coming to the PPV. The Rumble match was great but i slightly prefer the NM one because it was the first world title win for Jericho.

The build-up was awesome, the crowd awesome with them being split 50-50 but you can tell that by the end people wanted Jericho to win and they popped big when he did. Stephanie intefering hurts the match a tiny little really small bit, everytime i watch the match on DVD, right before Steph shows up, Jericho puts Rock in the Walls and the crowd goes crazy an i'm like TAP TAP TAP!!!!!!!!!!!, it would have been perfect if they ended the match RIGHT THERE, but still it was an awesome match, and it's on my top ten for Jericho matches in the WWE ( and the Rock's too).

i think i'm gonna watch it tonight.