TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Banter

Chris Nolan Zeroing in on Batman Actor

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

joshua jackson...pffffffft.

I would say Bailey definatly looks the part, but I dont know who the hell he is so I cant pick him. So I go with Bale, who has consistantly owned over a period of time.

I also wonder what happened to Pearce, as I think he would be an excellent choice. Gyllenhall looks like Ultimate Spider-Man.

I know alot of people get off on Jake Gyllenhaal for whatever reason...

To paraphrase Homer Simpson, when he was talking about David Schwimmer, I think it's because he's "handsome in an ugly sort of way."

Like Tobey Macguire. Their faces are like trainwrecks, but you just can't bring yourself to look away.

Guest Dave O'Neill, Journalist

First Up, Guy Pearce has said he doesnt want all the shit that will inevitably go with the role of Batman.

Second of all, I know Cillian Murphy, and he does not look gay.

Third, give it to Bale...please

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
First Up, Guy Pearce has said he doesnt want all the shit that will inevitably go with the role of Batman.

Second of all, I know Cillian Murphy, and he does not look gay.

Third, give it to Bale...please

He didn't look gay in 28 days Later, but there he looks like Queer Eye for the Bat Guy.

IO agree with LaParkaMyCar....Bale doesnt look that young,and he seems to be alot of people's picks for Batman. Anyway is Pierce playing Joker???That would be pretty cool in my oppinion...and is Batman gonna be backwords LOL????(I mean the order of the film)

New Batman and Superman Updates Source: Variety Sunday, September 7, 2003

Warner Bros. and director Christopher Nolan are readying Batman 5 (with the working title "Batman: Intimidation Game") for a production start in early 2004. And the long-delayed Superman is showing new signs of life.

Last week, the studio and Nolan tested several actors - including Jake Gyllenhaal, Christian Bale, Joshua Jackson, Cillian Murphy and Eion Bailey - to determine who will next play the Dark Knight. A casting decision is expected as early as this week.

The film, developed from a script by David Goyer, should hit theaters in 2005.

Meanwhile, the studio has just received a new draft of the Superman script and is going through the budgeting process with helmer McG, following the departure of Brett Ratner.

Though no deals are in place with McG and the film does not have a greenlight, if the studio can get to a budget that works, the next step could be casting. If all goes well, it could see a 2005 or spring 2006 release.

Even the much-talked about Batman vs. Superman is still possible, but the studio is determined first to breath life into the characters as separate entities.

Batman: Intimidation Game? What the fuck....

Batman: Intimidation Game? What the fuck....

The article said it was a "working title"; a majority of the time the working title is never the final name. So I wouldn't put too much stock into that name at this point.

Intersting to see Hugh Dancy's name wasn't mentioned as one of the actors who tested for the role, I assume that means he wasn't able to shave the beard from the other project he was working on.

Guest Smark-Raving Mad

Bale has the look of a billionaire playboy, is in good shape and can act. I think he'd be a good pick.