TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vern Gagne

Baseball Talk

Seattle's making up ground on the A's. A win Sunday and their only 2 games back, and they still play at Seattle next weekend.

And the A's can all but lock it up if they win tommorrow...which they better.

The worst thing about it for me is having to read an A's message board I go to and have to read all the sky is falling posts after every loss and I'm not just talking about this weekend. You would have thought the A's were eliminated from the playoffs after they loss on a game winning homerun to Angels earlier in the week, a loss preceded by a seven game winning streak. Anyone else expierence the gloom and doom type of fans of their favorite team?

A's are crushing the Mariners 12-0. They can clinch before the final Seattle series with as sweep of Texas (who they swept last week) or 2 out of 3 against Texas and a Mariner loss to Anaheim.

The Tigers lose #118

Oh yeah.. Jays fans.. Dan Reichert really sucks.

Why did he come in to relieve Halladay?

Halladay got ejected for 'throwing at' Rocco Baldelli, when in fact, the pitch had a ton of movement, and hit Baldelli. No warning, nothing. Just threw him out of the game.

The Tigers lose #118

Oh yeah.. Jays fans.. Dan Reichert really sucks.

Why did he come in to relieve Halladay?

Halladay got ejected for 'throwing at' Rocco Baldelli, when in fact, the pitch had a ton of movement, and hit Baldelli. No warning, nothing. Just threw him out of the game.

You sure they didn't warn him after he hit Rolls with a pitch?

Well, apparently, there was one before the game.

TORONTO (CP) -- The warning came moments before the first pitch, during a pre-game conference with the umpires at home plate. Major League Baseball believes there's bad blood between the Toronto Blue Jays and Tampa Bay Devil Rays and they wouldn't tolerate any trouble.

But, for whatever reason, Carlos Tosca didn't tell Halladay about it. Still a bullshit call, if you ask me.

Considering the pre-game warning, and Halladay hitting two batters, how many would be hit until something was done.

The precedent is for BS calls, like Jason Grimsley getting ejected for hitting Ichiro with an 0-2 count and 2 outs and a few on in the Top of the 9th.

Yeah...umpires need to realize that batters get hit for reasons other that pitchers throwing right at them. I mean, you throw a hard, spherical object at speeds exceeding 90mph to within a foot of a person, a few are going to get away from you occasionally.

Fun night tonight, with the Cubs winning, Kerry Wood going quite far with a no-hitter, the Giants getting a 10 spot in the second against the Stros, and the Marlins and Phillies in the middle of a nail-biter.

I almost feel physically ill after watching that game. Seriouisly, every day I get this feeling of impending doom. And Jeff F'n Conine? Why is it that some guys wait until the worst possible opportunity to stop being worthless?