TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

Everyone Unite: Lets put an end to that rap music

Guest Plushy Al Logan
Metal is for 13-20 year old boys who are angry at the world.

Rap is for crackheads that will steal your shit.

Truer words have never been spoken.

Clearly you fuckos deserve to have your shit stolen.

Edit :angry:

Edited by Cthulhu

You desreve to be [really stupid shit]

Dammitt Mario. That one might get ya.

Edit that shit for your sake.

Guest The Old Me

Dammitt Mario. That one might get ya.

Edit that shit for your sake.

He can't...you quoted it!

Anywho....

Guest Anglesault
Point me to the where he was screaming.  All I rememeber were the COMEON!!!!! screams.

That's what I was referring to. He decides to use Dream On for some unknown reason and then screams over Tyler singing the song.

That's why I said he took a song, screamed over it and rapped around it.

And apparently he's the reason anyone has ever liked this song.

was listening to the song for its content

What exactly is he trying to say?

And I'm not looking to complain. I'm comparing it to the original. If you are going to remake, or esecially redo a song, it should be at least as good as the first. Or in the ballpark.

This is something significantly less.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

You desreve to be placed in a Concentration Camp!

Whooooaaaaa

BUUUUURN!

He told me I deserve to be in a Concentration CAMP!!!!

You da man, YOU DA MAAAAAN!!

Point me to the where he was screaming.  All I rememeber were the COMEON!!!!! screams.

That's what I was referring to. He decides to use Dream On for some unknown reason and then screams over Tyler singing the song.

That's why I said he took a song, screamed over it and rapped around it.

And apparently he's the reason anyone has ever liked this song.

was listening to the song for its content

What exactly is he trying to say?

How is screaming COMEON once right at the beganing (over the words Dream on...thats it.) screaming all over the chorus.

And the lyrics aren't exactly written in code. Its pretty straight forward. Like him or not, even you have to admit that's some good writeing. COMEON!!!

I don't understand the argument. I mean, where is Eminem screaming?

Right after his first verse and before the chorus starts anytime he says COMEON!! really loud. Thats it. 2 words.

Guest The Old Me
I don't understand the argument.  I mean, where is Eminem screaming?

Right after his first verse and before the chorus starts anytime he says COMEON!! really loud. Thats it. 2 words.

Is that screaming over Tylers lyrics? Man, nitpick much?

DAMN YOU ANGLESAULT FOR ADDING MORE STUFF AFTER I QUOTED YOU!

But how exactly is this one worse. They are two different genres so comparing them is hard anyway, but this song is the same tempo and beat and still has hook with different lyrics(great lyrics might I add).

Guest Plushy Al Logan
I don't understand the argument. I mean, where is Eminem screaming?

That's all he does, is scream like the little immature ass that he is.

That's all he does, is scream like the little immature ass that he is.

YES!! Ignoring the fact that it didn't happen in this song RULES!!

Guest Anglesault

Is that screaming over Tylers lyrics? Man, nitpick much?

These are the lyrics from the song I remember. (Eminem.com) Of course, unless it's Tyler screaming over it for no real reason. Certainly doesn't sound like him, but I don't know his speaking voice, so who knows. Isn't on any of the six versions of Dream on I have.

Chorus

C'mon! Sing with me (Sing!)/Sing for the year (Sing It)/Sing for the laughter/ sing for the tear (C'mon!) / Sing it with me/Just for today/Maybe tomorrow/The good Lord will take you away...

Guest Plushy Al Logan
insert the Mario as Freddy Kruger pic here.

fb345e49.jpg

Guest Plushy Al Logan
insert the Mario as Freddy Kruger pic here.

fb345e49.jpg

Hi, Metallica is my favorite band.

Hi I have listening to Metallica since I was four years old, I have been an on again-off again fan. I don't drive...................55!

Guest Anglesault
But how exactly is this one worse. They are two different genres so comparing them is hard anyway,

If you're gonna take a famous rock song and try to rap it, I say you can compare them.

I'd say it goes to prove the rule that Rock songs translate horribly to rap and that they should stick to what they're allgedly good at.

But how exactly is this one worse.  They are two different genres so comparing them is hard anyway,

If you're gonna take a famous rock song and try to rap it, I say you can compare them.

I'd say it goes to prove the rule that Rock songs translate horribly to rap and that they should stick to what they're allgedly good at.

But I still stand by the statment that it is the same song with different and still great lyrics. You don't like rap...of course you are going to call it crap.

Guest Anglesault

But how exactly is this one worse.  They are two different genres so comparing them is hard anyway,

But I still stand by the statment that it is the same song with different (...) lyrics.

Making it a different song. :P

Hey, if this was just ay old song, I wouldn't care. I want some real reason why Dream On (besides Aerosmith's greed) was brought into the whole situation.

And when SftM reaches the success and prestige of Dream On, we'll talk about them being just as good.

Oh come on...name a remake of a great song that lived up to or surpassed the prestige of the orignial one...besides "I will always love you". DO IT!! :P

Oh come on...name a remake of a great song that lived up to or surpassed the prestige of the orignial one...besides "I will always love you". DO IT!! :P

Blue Monday, Bizarre Love Triangle, Tainted Love. But seriously it must be that damn Peter Frampton song that everybody can remake and it will go platinium "Baby I Love Your Way"

Look, everyone defending "Sing On" or whatever, remember this:

A cover is just that, a cover. It is an artist remaking a song in their own image. It is generally given the same title, and sounds relatively the same. It's an old music tradition and is cool.

Sampling is when a MC/DJ whatever takes a small part of another song, usually the break, and mixes it with other songs and music from other sources to make a song. when done properly it does not sound like the song it was originally recorded from. A blatant sample is lazy. Sampling, scratching, mixing and DJing are all intricate and skillful activities. What Eminem did with "Sing On" and Puffy did with "Come With Me," "I'll be Missing you" and the Neptunes did with Britney's "Slave 4 U" is not skillful it's just stealing backbeats, or entire songs and rapping over them.

I can honestly say I think that anyone who considers "Sing on" a good sample is a complete fool who doesn't know what good sampling IS, or at least doesn't appreciate it.

I don't think they were argueing if it use good sampling but rather that it was a good cover song. Either way I did not like it, it was a weak attempt by Aerosmith to try to kick start their career again.

I want some real reason why Dream On (besides Aerosmith's greed) was brought into the whole situation.

Maybe Eminem is a fan of the song "Dream On", enjoyed the beat to it, and thought "You know, I bet I could do a decent rap to this..."

Or maybe he felt that the "Sing with me/Sing for the years" went along with the message he wanted to get across with the song.

I don't know, I personally think that it's reason enough that he wanted to, but that's just me...

Guest The Pirate in White

You know, it is possible to take the idea or concept of a song, which is often expressed in the chorus, and form your own thoughts around that idea. To me, "Sing for the Moment" is a pretty cool blend. I'm not thinking of jumpstarting Aerosmith's career, or whether Eminem is ripping anyone off, or rock vs. rap. I hear a good song with a new beat and well-done lyrics (above average, anyway), and I enjoy it.

I know I may seem like I'm rambling here, but I wanted to get that out. Just enjoy the music you like, and turn the rest off. Seems easy to me.