TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Corey_Lazarus

One And Only NWA-TNA "Best of..." Thread

Yeah, not really deserving of a OAO thread, is it? Oh well, fuck you. :D

So yeah...probably going to be a few first-time viewers of TNA thanks to the PPV price, even here at TSM, so here's DA THREAD~!

Guest Dmann2000

I ordered the 12AM replay (I work till 10:30) AND the all day tomorrow (I know I know, big spender).

The cable lady was quite surprised at the 1 cent price when I told her to put me down for the shows.

And yes everyone with On demand and a VCR/Tivo should get this show.

Guest Boo_Bradley

I'm having it taped.... I'm kinda excited, but I'm not sure if it will be my Thang...

Still won't pay 10 bucks for it regardless

I'll have to order the PPV at about 5 in the afternoon as it seems to take Time Warner Cable about an hour to figure out we want the PPV. I missed the first two matches of last week's show.

No pay per view here at college, but damn staright its been ordered and will be taped at my house, I'll get to watch it this weekend. Get out the last minute word! Tell you're friends!

It all depends on if you have cable or satellite. I think that there are two cables companies in Canada that will be showing the 1 cent PPV. I don't know if DirectTV is in Canada, but if you have that, then you have the $9.95 "Best of TNA" or whatever it is called which is a preview of the DVD that will be released later on.

Question: I live in Canada so what version of the show will I be getting tonight?

"The one cent deal is also available in Canada on Belle Express Vue and VC-Canada."

From the PPV matchlist thread.

Guest JumpinJackFlash

THis PPV is going to be awesome. I hope there are high buyrates for this one, since its only one cent, and TNA deserves them. I've only seen 3 of the matches being shown tonight, so I can't wait to see the other 3, which are:

Raven vs. Jarret

Jarret vs. Raven vs. Styles

X-Pac and AJ Stlyes vs. Sting and Jeff Jarret

Great stuff.

Guest wrestlingbs

I'm watching it tonight. Mostly for the tag title cage match. And the fact that it's probably a 100x better than Unforgiven.

This should be tremendously beneficial for TNA. They might not get everyone who orders to watch regularly, but I'd wager about half of the new viewers will stick with it. Having not seen any of the matches that are on the show (last time I ordered was Raven's loss to Jarrett), I look forward to it.

Nevermortal, I have a perfectly fine reason for not ordering tonight: I already have all of the matches on tape, as I order/tape each week, and have since Week 4. Choke on that, slapnuts.

...ah, back when I didn't loathe Jeff Jarrett...pre-Superman Jeff Jarrett...

I'm ordering the show regardless. Might just tape it onto a tape by itself in SP mode (usually record in EP mode to save money, as then I get 3-4, depending if its a 6 or 8 hour tape, per tape), and pass it around to my friends that still watch wrestling now and then to try to generate some interest. Then again, I only have, like, 2 or 3 friends that are still into wrestling, so it's probably for not.

Guest Nobody in Particular

Will it actually be 2 hours though? When I looked up the show on my guide it says 5:00-7:30. And I'm pretty sure it doesn't say that for every show.

Well, I've got a 10pm replay because my cable company fucked up the 8pm showing for it. I stared at a blank screen for 10 minutes, then call the cable company and get this "We're upgrading our digital services, so you may experience technical difficulties with PPV and IControl until early Thursday.

One cent or ten bucks, color me highly pissed off right now.

Guest Doyo

i wonder if you order all the replays if that will boost up the buyrate?

not that they are making money, but I'm sure they are going to want

an accurate idea of how many people are watching.

Guest Choken One

Horrible showing...

It seemed like a infomercial for the fucking Hair Vs Hair match.

Guest Dmann2000

Okay, now having just seen AMW vs XXX, very very cool indeed.

Still my nod is going to Angle/Benoit for now, but this is #2.

Okay, now having just seen AMW vs XXX, very very cool indeed.

Still my nod is going to Angle/Benoit for now, but this is #2.

I haven't seen the 2003 Royal Rumble yet, so AMC/XXX is still number one for me.