TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Spaceman Spiff

Pick My Fantasy League QB

OK, so my top 2 QB's are Jeff Garcia and Tommy Maddox.

Matchups:

Pittsburgh Steelers @ Kansas City Chiefs

San Francisco 49ers @ St. Louis Rams

I think it's pretty safe to say we won't be seeing the defenses taking over these 2 games. These games could turn into a couple of shootouts.

Who should I use? I'm leaning towards Garcia, but I'm really torn. Both could have big games.

I'd go with Garcia. The Chiefs' defence has a better chance of at least containing Maddox than the Rams' does of containing Garcia. I'm expecting an explosion in the Niners game similar to what they did against Chicago.

Guest Salacious Crumb

Maddox is way more prone to mistakes than Garcia is and the 9ers have a more well rounded offense than the Steelers.

Plus the Chiefs D are very much improved and it's hard to say what they'll do during this game.

I guess I'm the dark horse here, but I'd go with Maddox. I'll believe KC's defense is better when they play against an offense other than Martyball. Maddox is a very accurate QB and he has three very good receivers to throw to. Also, don't buy the hype of the 49ers first-week offensive explosion. Yeah, they're good, but the Bears' defense is for shit.

Chiefs have the better defense and, if memory serves, don't usually play well in KC. Although Maddox has a lot of offensive weapons and the running game in Pittsburgh is not that great this year with Bettis about done and Zeroue not being allowed the opportunity to really break out. Maddox is going to be putting the ball up like Bledsoe that year New England was down to their 4th string running back (ironically, a dude named Pass).

The Rams defense is ok and probably won't be as good as last year's improvement. I don't think Garcia will throw as often as Maddox, because I see Erickson trying to keep a fairly even keel with pass and run plays in an attempt to control the clock and keep his offense of the field.

I think the 49'ers have the best chance of winning the game, but Maddox will probably put the ball in the air the most times. If you're feeling lucky, go with Maddox. If not, go with Garcia who has been one of the best and consistent fantasy qb's for years now.

I've got my own question: Do I start Bledsoe (vs Jax), Brad Johnson (vs Car) or Jay Fiedler (vs NYJ)? Based on last week's Jacksonville collapse, I'm leaning towards Bledsoe and the pass happy Bills.

Advice?

Guest Salacious Crumb

Bledsoe. He's playing an average defense and could easily put up a 300 yd. 2 TD game for you.

I agree with Tom, actually. And for the reasons he stated, too. When you have guys like Ward, Buress and even Riemersma (as the TE option) to throw to, good things usually happen. I've got Maddox on my Yahoo team and I probably would have started him, except that I've got Gannon and he's playing Cincinatti, so......

OK, so I went w/ Maddox.

If this turns out to be a horrible mistake, you better watch your back, DrTom ;)

Don't feel too bad - people that have Donovan McNabb are probably not too happy right now either...