TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crazy Dan

A lil help with my fantasy football....

Guest Crazy Dan

So guys I need a little help with choosing my starters:

Should I start Hasselbeck, who will be playing a team that allowed Harrington to go off last week, or Maddox, who will always be good for some scores.

And should I start Jackson (SEA) or Boldin(ARI) at WR. I am not sure if Boldin did not just have one of those games, or if he trully is a break out star.

Any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Guest Salacious Crumb

Start Maddox. Hasselbeck is still an unproven QB.

Wait another game or two to see if Boldin is the real deal or not.

Arizona injuries, from ESPN.com:

Questionable: DT Marcus Bell (knee); G Leonard Davis (ankle); WR Bryan Gilmore (knee); S Justin Lucas (ankle)

Doubtful: WR Larry Foster (ankle); WR Kevin Kasper (back)

I don't know if these guys are starters, scrubs, or whatever, but that's 3 WR's that are banged-up for Arizona.

While Jeff Blake looked amazing against the Detroit D last week, I really don't see it happening again against Seattle. So expect Boldin to return to the more pedestrian lifestyle that we've come to expect from Arizona recievers.

Also, Joey Harrington threw for 4 TDs (albeit all for 20 yds or less) against the Cards, which bodes well for the Seattle WRs.

In short, pick Jackson.

I'd also go with Hasselback since he's up against the Arizona D.

Hasselback & Jackson, always pair QB & WR against weak teams. You can double up your points on TDs if Jackson just catches one.

If the whole Cardinal receiver core is injuried that only means that the defense will put 8 on the block and cause alot of trouble for Boulin, Emmit, Jones. Cardinals could get shutout.

Consersitive: Maddox, has one of the best WR core in the league period.

Mild risk: Hassleback, playing weak team and possible big payout if Jackson also starts

Very risky: Harrington, the new coach is great with QBs just look what he did with a nobody named Jeff Garcia. I say wait and see if Joey can play with the big boys before benching a sure thing. Possible trade bait.

Edited by razazteca

I'd go with Hasselback simply because the Arizona D is nothing and I think this might actually turn into a shootout. With so many recievers injured, Seattle will probably focus on the running game and that might leave Boldin open a good portion of the time. Boldin might crash later in the year, but not right now. I like a lot of what I saw in him last week and Jeff Blake is always pretty good until about week 10 when he implodes like the Red Sox in August. Maddox will probably put up booku yardage, but the potential for a couple picks is a lot stronger there.

Guest Crazy Dan

Thanks for all the help, but I forgot one detail, I also have Plaxico Buress as my WR, so I do have the potential for double the points if I start Maddox.

So with that new info, sorry to leave it out in the first place, but woudl still start Hasselbeck or Maddox?