Sign in to follow this  
Guest Boo_Bradley

Jumping the Shark

Guest Boo_Bradley

The Mullets sounded brutal

Hope and Faith has Ted McGinley, yes that TED MCGINLEY

Talk.

Guest Boo_Bradley

On the official jumpingtheshark.com one of the options are "first episode" or "right away", something like that, so this fits

The new Joey or is it just Joe Lawerence King of the House or something show sucks but the same can be said about almost all WB shows. Don't really like Whoopi or the new Ellen talk show either.

I used to read the jump the shark message board too and we would always go round and round on whether a show could jump from day one. Basically, if the premise or cast looked good and then it sucked, then it jumped the shark. But if it looked bad, like the Mullets, and still sucked, then it was just a bad show. By technical definition you can't jump the shark if you were always bad.

There's a couple shows I want to check out, but haven't yet. That show with the cop from the John Larroquette Show living with two flaming gay guys look horrid. In contrast, the new show Larroquette has with Baranski could be decent with those two in it.

I watched the Whoopi show on NBC tonight, and I'm ashamed to say it, but I laughed. I guess I just like the Persian handyman.

If the lead character wasn't her, I think I would've been more open to it.

Need to check out the new Larroquette show, tho..looks good.

Guest El Satanico

The new Larroquette show isn't bad.

It's the best new comedic show this year so far.

The new Joey or is it just Joe Lawerence King of the House or something show sucks but the same can be said about almost all WB shows. Don't really like Whoopi or the new Ellen talk show either.

Yeah I think I will resent Ellen's talk show just because of Caroline Rhea going unappreciated. Also, I always considered her a one trick pony...was there anything else to her besides coming out on network TV?

Then again I'm not really a network TV watcher. I am a little interested, however, in NBC Coupling in less than two weeks. The UK version will always be tops, but I've heard good things about the tapings. If we don't neuter it too much, of course I'd love to see it get over here too.

BTW, my column on Coupling (the UK version primarily) should be coming soon on the site I write for, The Heel's Blurty (http://www.blurty.com/~edisonmstie/)