TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Renegade

"New" Street fighter?

From The Magic Box:

"Capcom announced they will release a new fighting game Hyper Street Fighter II X for PlayStation 2 in Japan in December, to celebrate the 15th anniversary of Street Fighter, future details will be available at the Tokyo Game Show."

Well if it wasnt for the glaring II X I would say it was a new game...

Did they ever make a Street Fighter III? (Without all the other add-on names, like Alpha, etc)

Yeah. Then they made SFIII Second Impact, then SFIII Third Strike.

Which system did they make it for?

I fell out of the loop with the Street Fighter series, while they were making all the Street Fighter II spin-offs on SNES and Genesis.

They converted it to dreamcast. The first two games were packed on one GD as SFIII - Double Impact. SFIII - Third Strike was released shortly after. I thought that Second Impact was the best of the three, but all of them didn't live up to my expectations due to the disappointing new cast.

I loved the graphics, though.

They converted it to dreamcast. The first two games were packed on one GD as SFIII - Double Impact. SFIII - Third Strike was released shortly after. I thought that Second Impact was the best of the three, but all of them didn't live up to my expectations due to the disappointing new cast.

Plus the DC controller isn't too great for fighting games that use six main attack buttons, due to the placement of the L trigger and the odd shape.

Guest Sakura

The SF III cast rules. Ibuki, Yun, Yang and Dudley are cooler than a LOT of the "classics" that return constantly(Balrog, Dhalsim..).

Guest Breetai
The SF III cast rules. Ibuki, Yun, Yang and Dudley are cooler than a LOT of the "classics" that return constantly(Balrog, Dhalsim..).

Alex>*. That's all I'm saying.

Sure...... :rolleyes: there's a reason there considered classic characters....

The SF3 cast does indeed rule, with Ibuki being one of the best Street fighters ever. Also with greats like Alex, the Twins, Dudley and the king of cheap Gill

Guest Sakura
Sure...... :rolleyes:  there's a reason there considered classic characters....

Because they happened to be in a popular and big time game(SF II)? I would bet Balrog, who is about as stale and boring as you can get, would be long forgotten and joining Michael Max and Heavy D! in obscurity had he debuted in something other than SF II.

Capcom needs to stop recycling the Alpha sprites and using the same people over and over and over. Ryu, Ken and Chun Li are one thing. CONSTANTLY putting Dhalsim in and Akuma as the hidden character is another. I mean, god, AKuma is a hidden boss in like 20 games.

Part of the appeal of Chaos was the hope that SNK would actually do something fun with a crossover roster...but nope, all we get is even more "The Same 15 Street Fighters in EVERY GAME vs. The same 15 KOF people in EVERY GAME" Plus people nobody gives a damn about, like Hugo and Choi and Shin Akuma as a "powerful and mysterious" boss~!

Right on, Sakura. I don't really have that much hype for Chaos, which is a shame considering what it could and should have been (same goes for the Capcom vs. SNK titles). A good of that has to do with the roster. Balrog, Dhalsim, Akuma, get them the hell out of there once and for all. I don't see people all "OMG, did Akuma make the roster!?" Choi is one of the worst characters ever. Someone over in the SNK (and now SNKP) house must just love him. Mars People? What is that crap!? If anybody from Slug should be in (and I don't think they should since this isn't exactly a zany fighter in the vein of the MvC games), it should be either Marco or Fio.

Guest Sakura

I'll give SNK a BIT of credit for Mars People. At least it's INTERESTING. Roster choices like Mars People, Zero and Tessa are pretty cool as goofy, obscure picks.....when there's 40 characters and all the popular characters and characters people are begging for are in.

Rock Howard is not in SNK vs. Capcom. The alien from Metal Slug is.

K' is not in SNK vs. Capcom. A character from Warzard is.

There's a problem there.

I prefer the Street Fighter Ex cast with the La Parka character using the Dhaslim moveset.

Skullomania! He owns!

I don't like SNK vs. Capcom much. Less cast members, STILL no Robert Garcia or Andy Bogard. Joe got taken out. Choi, but no Chang? WTF And the same freaking SF II cast is still from the Capcom side minus Blanka, E.Honda. Hugo from SFIII replaced Zangief and Tessa / Tabasa from Warzard is the only regular non-SF character.

Although it is dope that the secret characters are:

Spoiler (Highlight to Read):

Geese Howard, Goenitz (from KoF 1996), Mars People, Orochi Iori, Dan Hibiki, Evil Ken, Zero, Demintri Maximov, Shin Akumai, Shin Mr.Karate, Athena, and Red Arremer

First off, the new Capcom fighter is just an update to ST. I think they're tweaking the graphics and editing some of the gameplay issues (ensuring stuff like two bison j.lk c.lpx2 xx scissors) isn't an instant kill (it's a reset combo because the guy gets dizzy after the first time he's hit with it).

3S may well be one of the greatest fighting games every created. Cast, graphics, gameplay, it has it all.

SvC: Chaos is total garbage. They didn't debug the game and the boss characters are OVERLOADED with the most broken shit ever. Don't even get me started on the brokenness of Zero alone.

Guest EQ

I assumed that it would just be an updated SFII, but I'd like to see his source too for confirmation.

SvC: Chaos is total garbage. They didn't debug the game and the boss characters are OVERLOADED with the most broken shit ever. Don't even get me started on the brokenness of Zero alone.

Eh I liked it, and will buy it.

What would've been a really awesome Street Fighter II would've been if when they made Super, they used the Alpha deal of having each of the 16 have their own unique path through the opponents and have Akuma as a non-playable boss. Bison is lame. Also: un-Soviet the Zangief stage.