TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

Why Should I hate Bill Goldberg?

I have a better question.

Why should we like Goldberg?

Because he attacks (and almost breaks the neck of) Eric Bischoff for no apparent reason?

Uhm, yay?

I think he attacked Bisch b/c Bisch made Orton his partner against HHH/Flair

He sure waited long enough to attack him.

By my count, he had two weeks, including three Raw brand shows to get at him.

If it was such a pressing issue, why wait?

Yeah, house shows. Good idea.

Actually, I meant a Heat, a Raw and a Heat/PPV that he neglected to beat Bischoff up at.

You realise that it's scripted right? It's asinine to complain about something that the character does. I don't watch anymore admittedly, but unless he attacked Bischoff in real life(which wouldn't be justifiable at all) than you come off as an idiot. What's next, are you gonna get mad at Brock Lesnar for turning on Kurt Angle and hurting him? It's the same idea really.

Goldberg is the last bankable star left in the WWE, now that the Rock won't be coming back. Even if he did come back, he wouldn't be able to do much other than pop a rating here and there. If he became an actual STAR and came back, than he would be good for business, but he wouldn't come back than would he?

Goldberg is the reason why WCW survived as long as it did. Notice how people complain about his push, etc. But they conveniently forget that the company's status plummeted and never recovered after his first loss. I'm sorry, if Al Snow was given that kind of push than the company would fail pretty quickly, as disbelief would not be suspended for very long.

People complain about his mic skills, as if him talking a little is a bad thing. People don't want to hear him go on long spiels, they just wanna see him give cheesy action film one liners and than spear the fuck out of the other guy. Nothing wrong with that.

Goldberg is the only chance WWE has at getting out of this rut, whether you like it or not. At least on the RAW side of things. But Kurt and Brock aren't really proven draws anyway, so a case can be made for the whole company.

This man speaks da truth! You're next! Or something.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent
1. He sucks in the ring, can't cut a promo to save his life, only got over in the first place because he was given squash match after squash match.

2. He also doesn't give a shit about the business and thinks IT owes HIM, hence his unreasonable demands for salary and creative control--in that sense he's a product of the Hogan/Nash run WCW locker room.

3. Plus, Goldberg getting paid huge to suck ass week after week hurts morale even more. He's also fucked up booking constantly with his bitching, like the Insurrextion PPV needed to be booked and rebooked because of him.

4. He retired Bret.

5. He buys into his hype so much that he can't stand being a heel or even being booed.

6. He' a no talent, hypocritical, washed up and arrogant has been.

7. But we've already established that no one gives a shit. No one ordered Backlash, and in his first two PPV matches, he got his ass booed and the other guy got cheered.

8. He's a living example of why WCW is dead. Fuck Goldberg.

1. Why does he need to do promos? His squash matches are his promos. He has an undeniable charisma that jacks the fans up.

2. Doesn't give a shit about the business? Maybe, but he cares that the fans get their money's worth. This guy doesn't fuck around like Triple H and say he loves the business, and thereafter sucks the life out of it. He is here right now, bleeding, selling, and getting beat down by more people than Triple H. He hasn't pulled rank on finishes like the Undertaker, Steve Austin, or Triple H. When he is under contract, he is a company man and does what he is told. I find that more respectible than the Undertaker who has schemed his way ahead of people who far exceed him.

3. Insurextion? Isn't that the one where the internet jumped on his back for not going, when it later turned out he asked to go but his visa wasn't ready? C'mon, everyone has it out for the guy. The fans, the sheets, the smarks - everyone. EVERYONE wants him to fail. And why does he get paid so much? Because he carried WCW on his back from 98-2000. He hurts morale? More than Triple H and the Undertaker who won't put anyone over? Stephanie who cuts mid-card feuds short because she doesn't think they are worth it? Shane getting pushed over most wrestlers? No one can say Goldberg hurts morale, he is the least of the companies problems right now.

4. He retired Bret? I hate to say it, but Owen's death retired Bret. His heart wasn't in it anymore. Yes, he literally ended his career, but Bret woulda been done in less than a year. It was despicable that he didn't apologize to Bret for kicking him. I'll give you that.

5. When has he said he can't stand being a heel? He turned heel when asked in WCW, he didn't pull rank like others would have - even when he knew it was a complete mistake. And right now he is getting booed, but we haven't heard him complain. He makes his money and takes it in stride. He knows that the WWE fans hate mostly every WCW-bred character. They all went through the pains of it. In a month of two, Goldberg will be a heel and you won't hear him fuss. He's been a company man up until this point, I don't see it starting now when it could re-start his career.

6. No talent? Bullshit, he has tons of talent. Its simply talent that smart marks don't want to acknowledge. He goes out there, wrestles his 5-7 minute match, and pumps up the fans. He has never claimed to be an iron man. There are far far far far worse wrestlers in the company right now. Hypocritical? Care to elaborate? Or is this just you trying to pain a bad picture of him? Washed up? He isn't washed up, he is just being shit on out of spite because of other's pre-conceived notions. Everyone WANTS him to fail, only the Rock has attempted to make him a star...which shows how much of a company man he is compared to others.

7. Backlash was shat on because everyone knew he was going to win. There wasn't even a point in watching it. BUT, Goldberg sold his arm in that match longer and better than anything goldenboy Kurt Angle ever has. He has a firm grasp of the psychology of wrestling and plays them into his own limitations. That match wasn't nearly as bad as everyone makes it out to be. And why did he get booed? As I've stated, WWE fans hate WCW wrestlers...there's no denying it. They want to know that their own WWE wrestlers are superior to WCW's biggest names.

8. Living example why WCW is dead? He killed it? Are you sure it wasn't the politics involving the nWo, Bischoff, Russo, Sullivan, the Radicalz, Savage, Luger, Busch, and DDP? So it was all Goldberg? Riiiight, thats ignorant...and it proves people hate the guy just for the sake of it. He got over in spite of all of the WCW bullshit, no one could hold him down because he was making them too much money.

Guest Anglesault

Because he attacks (and almost breaks the neck of) Eric Bischoff for no apparent reason?

Uhm, yay?

Actually, I meant a Heat, a Raw and a Heat/PPV that he neglected to beat Bischoff up at.

You realise that it's scripted right? It's asinine to complain about something that the character does.

I don't understand why I can't look at a situation logically. The Incident with the surprise tag partners was a full two weeks before the spear.

If this was such a pressing matter that he attacked him, why wait so long?

Uhm, yay?

You realise that it's scripted right? It's asinine to complain about something that the character does.

I don't understand why I can't look at a situation logically. The Incident with the surprise tag partners was a full two weeks before the spear.

So than you're complaining about the product. Fair enough. Now the better question is who are you complaining about?

. Insurextion? Isn't that the one where the internet jumped on his back for not going, when it later turned out he asked to go but his visa wasn't ready?

Insurrextion was the RAW only British PPV.

August was the whole Australia thing

AS-

He didn't attack him the week before Unforgiven b/c he was too busy concentrating on Triple H

Regardless, I was trying to get him to admit that it was the *gasp* WRITER'S fault and not Goldberg's for not spearing the week of. To use that as a reason to hate Bill would be stupid, and it's insignificant. Fans are happy he speared Bisch, I'm sure. Imagine how much worse it would be if he did spear him the week of and didn't listen to the writers? Makes you wonder if the guy is simply trying to MAKE UP reasons to hate the poor guy.

Guest The Old Me

You can't blame Goldberg for spearing Uncle Eric a few weeks late. Blame the usual, paint by numbers, writing staff for that.

Guest The Old Me
His religion?

Oh yea, thats it....close the thread...I remember now.

I'm sorry if this offends someone but LMFAO.

That was my laugh of the week.

It was the first thing to pop into my head.

Thank god for Rico...I mean, people were actually stopping their sheepish ways with Goldberg hate, and BAM! there's Rico.

That was pretty damn close.

And the Goldberg hate is way out of proportion.

So what if he's only in the business solely for the money? Boo hoo, god knows how many other sport stars are in the business for the money and the money alone.

So he has an ego problem...name me one 'old', established wrestler with a few years at the top of the card who doesn't have an ego or hasn't been changed by the business in some detrimental way.

So he injured Bret Hart. That's my biggest hang-up...some people need to get over it. I mean, for god's sake, it was an ACCIDENT.

If he decides to stick around long enough (and with HHH out of the picture for a few months that's a lot more likely) I think he'll improve as a worker, his new attitude to selling at least shows that he's making the effort and that means he's not JUST there for the $$$. As he is now, I'm by no means adverse to watching him.

Guest Anglesault

Uhm, yay?

So than you're complaining about the product. Fair enough. Now the better question is who are you complaining about?

I'm complaining because The WWE has given me no reason to say "Yay, Goldberg!" Not him specifically, his character.

Guest Anglesault
So he injured Bret Hart. That's my biggest hang-up...some people need to get over it. I mean, for god's sake, it was an ACCIDENT.

Actually, it was three accidents in one match with no appology.