TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

Why Should I hate Bill Goldberg?

Nowt against him really, a twat who doesn't care about wrestling, but he's the only one who's admitted to it.

As compared to a guy like Triple H, who by all reports "loves the buisness"?

TRIPLE H FEELS IT!

Guest Danny Dubya v 2.0
Nowt against him really, a twat who doesn't care about wrestling, but he's the only one who's admitted to it.

As compared to a guy like Triple H, who by all reports "loves the buisness"?

TRIPLE H FEELS IT!

And frighteningly enough, Undertaker is feeling it so good it's numbing the ol' soupbones.

Guest The Old Me
Because he ended Bret Harts carrer, of course. And you call yourself a Smark? ;)

No, Banky generally doesn't.

Guest Plushy Al Logan
His religion?

I know that it's NHB but also being Jewish, that's kinda cold.

Yeah, TNM, I know you were kidding. But if this was "real life" I'd have put you in a body cast for that comment, joking or not. Just saying.

And I would put you in a body cast for putting TNM is a body cast.

I'd put everybody in a fucking body cast just because I want to join in the fun... :huh:

And you should hate goldberg because he has little calf muscles and people with little calf muscles smell.

Do you LIKE smelly people...Well...Do YOU?

Guest Plushy Al Logan
And you should hate goldberg because he has little calf muscles and people with little calf muscles smell.

Do you LIKE smelly people...Well...Do YOU?

That gives me an idea, somebody should beat down Goldberg with a can of Lysol. :D That was genius, Ripper.

And fuck the injury to Bret... everyone with a pair of boots on has hurt someone esle.

But didn't Bret pride himself on the fact that he never seriously hurt anyone?

And you know, I bet if Al Snow got a push which involved him going over everyone in 30 seconds or less, he'd be over too.

pridesw_06_10.jpg

Baaaasssberg, Baaaasssberg, Baaaasssberg

I don't really get the Goldberg hate. I mean, I get it, but I don't get why it's blown up to "fuck Goldberg" levels. He doesn't respect the business, he doesn't improve or want to improve, and doesn't work house shows. Ok, got it. That's bad. But in terms of performance, he's not bad at all. He does his thing, he does his thing very well. He doesn't take up much time, and the time he does take up the fans tend to really enjoy it. Plus, he's a Pride fan - how could you be hating?? I hope Goldberg wins at Unforgiven and has a successful feud with Kane. I hope all this negativity can get taken off him and gets put where it belongs... on the McMahons and HHH.

Anyone who picks HHH over Goldberg is either a damned fool or a HHH mark... I mean, is just a HHH mark.

:)

Edited by RavishingRickRudo

Guest The Old Me
Because he makes shitty microphones.

Johnson-

You're stealing material from HHH. Give up.

I like Goldberg, he represents everything Vince McMahon, Triple H, and the WWE fans hate. There is something very endearing about all of that. I hope Goldberg steamrolls his way through RAW. And Triple H needs to remember, that even Bill Goldberg will be a bigger movie star than him.

Guest Anglesault

I have a better question.

Why should we like Goldberg?

Because he attacks (and almost breaks the neck of) Eric Bischoff for no apparent reason?

Uhm, yay?

People should like Goldberg because he doesn't suck the ass of everyone else, he doesn't follow the unwritten WWE rules. He does things on his own terms, no one elses.

Because he attacks (and almost breaks the neck of) Eric Bischoff for no apparent reason?

Uhm, yay?

I think he attacked Bisch b/c Bisch made Orton his partner against HHH/Flair

Uhm, yay?

Don't explain logic to Anglesault, it'll ruin his preconceived notions.

Guest Anglesault

Uhm, yay?

He sure waited long enough to attack him.

By my count, he had two weeks, including three Raw brand shows to get at him.

If it was such a pressing issue, why wait?

Guest The Old Me

Uhm, yay?

Yeah, house shows. Good idea.

Uhm, yay?

Shhhh.

Logic bad.

Guest Anglesault

Uhm, yay?

Actually, I meant a Heat, a Raw and a Heat/PPV that he neglected to beat Bischoff up at.

Guest The Old Me

Uhm, yay?

Actually, I meant a Heat, a Raw and a Heat/PPV that he neglected to beat Bischoff up at.

Okay AS.

Uhm, yay?

Because Goldberg was too busy concentrating on facing Triple H for the World Title in the biggest match of his career

He sucks in the ring, can't cut a promo to save his life, only got over in the first place because he was given squash match after squash match.

He also doesn't give a shit about the business and thinks IT owes HIM, hence his unreasonable demands for salary and creative control--in that sense he's a product of the Hogan/Nash run WCW locker room.

Plus, Goldberg getting paid huge to suck ass week after week hurts morale even more. He's also fucked up booking constantly with his bitching, like the Insurrextion PPV needed to be booked and rebooked because of him.

He retired Bret.

He buys into his hype so much that he can't stand being a heel or even being booed.

He' a no talent, hypocritical, washed up and arrogant has been.

But we've already established that no one gives a shit. No one ordered Backlash, and in his first two PPV matches, he got his ass booed and the other guy got cheered.

He's a living example of why WCW is dead. Fuck Goldberg.

Guest TheGame2705
He's also fucked up booking constantly with his bitching, like the Insurrextion PPV needed to be booked and rebooked because of him.

But we've already established that no one gives a shit. No one ordered Backlash, and in his first two PPV matches, he got his ass booed and the other guy got cheered.

He also changed booking to sell HHH's beating and to stop a Test squash.

You like Angle and seem to think he's so great and the ratings and buyrates have been crap since he's been on top fighting Brock. Who knows if it's his fault or like I believe, no one gives a shit about Brock.

Atleast with guys like Brock and Angle they've gone on to prove they deserved their push. Goldberg on the other hand is still where he was when he was first given the push.

Brock did what again to get his push? Brock was NEVER and is still isn't as over Goldberg is now and was back in his heyday. Atleast Goldberg got mega over and sold merch and put asses in seats and eyes in front of the TV when he was squashing people.

Uhm, yay?

You realise that it's scripted right? It's asinine to complain about something that the character does. I don't watch anymore admittedly, but unless he attacked Bischoff in real life(which wouldn't be justifiable at all) than you come off as an idiot. What's next, are you gonna get mad at Brock Lesnar for turning on Kurt Angle and hurting him? It's the same idea really.

Goldberg is the last bankable star left in the WWE, now that the Rock won't be coming back. Even if he did come back, he wouldn't be able to do much other than pop a rating here and there. If he became an actual STAR and came back, than he would be good for business, but he wouldn't come back than would he?

Goldberg is the reason why WCW survived as long as it did. Notice how people complain about his push, etc. But they conveniently forget that the company's status plummeted and never recovered after his first loss. I'm sorry, if Al Snow was given that kind of push than the company would fail pretty quickly, as disbelief would not be suspended for very long.

People complain about his mic skills, as if him talking a little is a bad thing. People don't want to hear him go on long spiels, they just wanna see him give cheesy action film one liners and than spear the fuck out of the other guy. Nothing wrong with that.

Goldberg is the only chance WWE has at getting out of this rut, whether you like it or not. At least on the RAW side of things. But Kurt and Brock aren't really proven draws anyway, so a case can be made for the whole company.