TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous A

Fantasy Football QB controversy

In one of my league's other than Smartmarks FF, I have a quarterback issue.

I have 3 ok/decent QB's, but can only start one. Here they are.

Trent Green-who is facing a fairly weak Houston team. With the news that Priest Holmes has bruised ribs and is questionable, this means Green may get more throws against a suspect defense.

Tom Brady- I started him in week 1 and look where that got me. I benched him in week 2, and then he blew up. Which Tom Brady will show up? The Pats play the Jets this week.

Matt Hasselbeck- Not sure what to make of him just yet. He has 400+ yard passing potential along with TD's, but am still hesitant to start him over my other 2 QB's.

What would you do?

Even with Holmes' status at questionable, Vermeil will simply give Larry Johnson the number of runs Holmes would normally get. If Holmes is out, I'd start Green only because you'd lose that dependability you have with Priest in the backfield.

With Abraham out, the Jets defense is even more depleted than it already is. Deion Branch stepped up for Brady last week, so he'll be a big target this time around.

Hasselbeck? Well, he doesn't have a dominating receiver like Terrell Owens, who could draw double teams to weaken the secondary. Additionally, Koren Robinson should be a step off after his benching last week for disciplinary reasons. Hasselbeck will have a good game, but he won't take advantage of the opposition's defense like Green or Brady will.

I'd start them in this order:

(If Larry Johnson starts)

Green - Brady - Hasselbeck

(If Priest starts)

Brady - Green - Hasselbeck

I also have a bit of a dilemma:

Rich Gannon (playing the Broncos)

or

Tommy Maddox (playing the Bengals)

I know, "Pick Maddox you idiot", but Gannon couldn't do anything against the Bengals last week and Gannon had some pretty good games vs. Denver last season so......

Rich Gannon (playing the Broncos)

or

Tommy Maddox (playing the Bengals)

PK, I wouldn't bother playing Gannon again until Jerry Porter is healthy. He has no reliable deep threat right now, and since Rice and Brown can't break away like they used to, the Raiders' passing game is limited. This presumes, of course, that your #2 is solid (and it is, being Maddox), or that the Raiders don't play against anyone who's downright awful against the pass while Maddox goes against a tough passing D.

And as for the original question, I'd ride out Hasselbeck until he cools off. That offense is on fire right now, and there's no reason not to go with the hot hand.

Guest Salacious Crumb

I'd go with Hasselbeck. He isn't putting up a ton of yards per game but he's throw for 4 TDs and hasn't throw an INT yet. Add in that the Rams aren't strong against the pass. Green and Brady are ok but both have been inconsistent compared to Hasselbeck.

I'd go with Gannon. While he didn't have a good game last week he still didn't throw any INTs while Maddox threw several. Maddox is going up against a very stong Bengals pass defense that's only allowing 109 yds. a game and has several INTs. Gannon's going up against an average Denver defense.