TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Salacious Crumb

Clarrett sues NFL

Guest Salacious Crumb

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=ap...ov=ap&type=lgns

Geez will he just go away already. No one cares about you anymore. I'm sick of hearing about how he's going to sue Ohio State, which I hope the students lynch him for once they realize their tuition will jump if he does. He's coming across as the world's biggest asshole right now and I for one hope he gets blackballed by the NFL.

So why again do we hate this guy? Because he wants to work in the NFL and he is over the age of 18? If he's good enough to play then let him play. It's no different than Lebron James or any other NBA players skipping college to go straight to the NBA to make a living. That three years in college rule is stupid.

It'll severely drop the level of talent in the NFL, just like it has in the NBA. Seriously, how many college freshmen or kids right out of high school do you think could flourish in the NFL environment?

Guest El Satanico

And he deserves a career ending knee injury why exactly?

Because you don't care for how the people around him are handling the situation? Because of the media exposure?

Neither of those are reasonable reasons to hope for him to suffer a career ending injury.

Bah, I don't hope injury I just hope his career is a miserable failure. I don't want college football to be ruined like college basketball has been.

I will ditto Bored's sentiments.

A big injury results in constant, "oh what could've been" comments from analysts and Clarett becomes a bigger legend then he could ever play himself to be. I want him to come in and bomb so people realize that young kids aren't ready for the pro game.

I mean if he's good enough to play than let him. He'll win this easily because the NFL can't keep an adult from making a living. That college rule is stupid and im glad someone finally challenged it.

OK, I just heard that Clarrett is suing because the NFL is violating anti-trust laws. Now, I'm not the brightest bulb in the socket, but if the NFL were a monoply that would mean he would have nowhere else to play football.

There are other leagues out there.

I'm all about someone making a living, but if you put 18-year olds out on a NFL field you'd be hauling them off in body bags.

Perhaps if teams were able to draft kids, keep them off the field a few years but letting them learn a team's playbook, giving them a chance to mature, and even go back to school, and giving them a decent wage (nothing seven-figured, but good enough to keep their families off the street).

What's wrong with that?...

Guest Salacious Crumb

I wouldn't care if another player was doing it.

But Clarrett's antics are growing old. He even wants to sue OSU which only hurts the students that go there in the end. That alone makes me hope he fails at whatever he does for even considering that when he's going to make it harder for people struggling to go to school.

And his attempt is laughable b/c he has yet to prove that he can even handle the hits at the college level. Remember he missed a good portion of last season. So what's he going to do at the NFL level where they'll be trying to decapitate him?

Guest El Satanico

Unless, you're a stick figure with zero muscle training, I don't buy the whole "you're physically unable to play in the NFL" sentiment.

Of course the fundamentals a player needs in the NFL could be a problem. However, it's no different than a small school player who needs molded into an ideal NFL player.

The only reasoning for "this is a terrible idea" I agree with is most 18 or 19 year olds aren't mentally prepared to live the NFL life style. I just don't see that as a good enough reason for the rule. Besides, I'm sure there are many College Seniors who aren't mentally prepared to live the NFL life style.

Guest El Satanico
Clarrett's antics are growing old.

What antics? The only things he's personally done since this started is make a few short statements and he smiles alot.

The people around him are the ones doing the antics you're talking about. If you're angered by the antics point your finger at his lawyers and Jim Brown.

Guest Salacious Crumb

Because the guy hadn't even played half of his first season in college and he's talking about sueing the NFL when in reality by the time this gets through the courts he will already be eligible. It's an effort in futility.

He had a 6 game suspension and went right out and went against what the school asked of him and got suspended for the year. They graciously said he could keep his scolarship and he promptly thanks them by threatening to sue.

And yes Jim Brown is an idiot.

Guest El Satanico

You don't think Clarett is making these decisions himself do you? In this day and age no sports player represents himself and makes personal decisions.

His lawyers and Jim Brown are in his ear advising him on all these decisions.

You're pointing your finger at the wrong target.

Guest Salacious Crumb

He's still going along with it.

At some point he could say that he doesn't agree with going on. Being someone's puppet doesn't remove him from the blame.

I point my finger at Jim Brown anytime I can.

I hate that bastard so much.

Ditto. Fucking girlfriend beater.

What happened to Jim Brown telling everyone that Grambling was an option. I guess he figured out he can't get paid if Clarett's still in school.

This could be Pandora's box for the NFL and CFB.

Guest Agent of Oblivion
Bah, I don't hope injury I just hope his career is a miserable failure. I don't want college football to be ruined like college basketball has been.

I disagree. College ball is for students who play sports, the pros are for professional athletes. If one is talented enough to compete in a pro league at that age, I say fine. There's no reason to MAKE them go to college.

It's certainly a good idea, as it's a chance to refine ones skills and get some exposure, shouldn't be mandatory, though.

You know, I think that Clarett is physically ready to play pro ball, but he's nowhere near ready mentally. I say let him play, and let him "get his" when he's 28, washed up, and dead broke.

I disagree. College ball is for students who play sports, the pros are for professional athletes. If one is talented enough to compete in a pro league at that age, I say fine. There's no reason to MAKE them go to college.

It's certainly a good idea, as it's a chance to refine ones skills and get some exposure, shouldn't be mandatory, though.

But he isn't ready, that's the point. It is a lot harder to play in the NFL than it is the NBA. You need experience. College wasn't his only option either. He could always go to the CFL or another lower professional league, but he chose to do things the hard way. If he wins, there is no way he gets drafted early. At best some team will take a chance on him late.