TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

What do you think of these rules?

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

How about we all just do what we want instead of having these rigid regulations placed on it.

Guest evenflowDDT
Never in my life have I heard the term "kyke"

Kike's an anti-Semitic slur. But what the hell's a paki? You sure someone's not just misspelling Pocky?

Kike's an anti-Semitic slur. But what the hell's a paki? You sure someone's not just misspelling Pocky?

A 'paki' is someone who originates (or in the eyes of the ignorant is perceived to originate) from Pakistan.

Guest Anglesault

Kike's an anti-Semitic slur.

Wow. That was probably my last guess. I actually (while being Catholic and going to Catholic school my whole life, thus, not having a boatload of Jewish friends) have never seriously dealt with an anti-semite. I've just never crossed paths with one.

I remember Michael Jackson having problems for using "Kike" in one of his songs...

For the record, I'm not implementing these rules at all, so don't freak out. I was just gauging your responses to it. They're forums have really tight discussions.

Dames

Guest EQ

A 'paki' is someone who originates (or in the eyes of the ignorant is perceived to originate) from Pakistan.

I guess that one makes sense

Guest Plushy Al Logan
For the record, I'm not implementing these rules at all, so don't freak out. I was just gauging your responses to it. They're forums have really tight discussions.

Dames

Good, that means I can still get away with stupid shit.

Hey Dames, MUST...HOLD...BACK.........RAGE~! :wub:

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent
I remember Michael Jackson having problems for using "Kike" in one of his songs...

Dames

Dames, all of those rules are lame, leave things the way they are.

Guest The Old Me

What the hell is that?

Sheltered young thing.

I take offense to that comment Marney as the only news is not political news.

True, but most of the news you post about isn't significant in any meaningful sense of the term. It's simply weird, disgusting, or stupid shit that happened on that particular day. It isn't important. It doesn't affect anyone outside the story. Whether or not it's current, it isn't news and it isn't an event.

Some of us would like to discuss something other than the 8 or 9 threads on the presidential debate

That's fine, and I'm not saying that CE should be entirely about politics.

and if you don't like it.... then complain to Tom.

I believe you're confusing me with JMA.

Wow. That was probably my last guess. I actually (while being Catholic and going to Catholic school my whole life, thus, not having a boatload of Jewish friends) have never seriously dealt with an anti-semite. I've just never crossed paths with one.

Come on, man, haven't you ever seen the movie Porky's? There's a big ass brawl between the guy that hates Jews and Schwartz, the new Jewish guy. But, the guy that hates Jews says things like "it's a good day to fly a kyke" and shit like that.

Guest Anglesault

Wow. That was probably my last guess. I actually (while being Catholic and going to Catholic school my whole life, thus, nWeot having a boatload of Jewish friends) have never seriously dealt with an anti-semite. I've just never crossed paths with one.

Come on, man, haven't you ever seen the movie Porky's? There's a big ass brawl between the guy that hates Jews and Schwartz, the new Jewish guy. But, the guy that hates Jews says things like "it's a good day to fly a kyke" and shit like that.

No, I didn't see the movie.

Besides, I'm oblivious to movie jokes in general.

True, but most of the news you post about isn't significant in any meaningful sense of the term. It's simply weird, disgusting, or stupid shit that happened on that particular day. It isn't important. It doesn't affect anyone outside the story. Whether or not it's current, it isn't news and it isn't an event.

Some of us would like to discuss something other than the 8 or 9 threads on the presidential debate

For once, I agree with Marney. CE should be mainly political, or at least meaningful, news. The "lighter" stuff fits better in General Chat.

For once, I agree with Marney. CE should be mainly political, or at least meaningful, news. The "lighter" stuff fits better in General Chat.

Then you are a moron. Define "lighter" stuff. What is meaningful to you means jack shit to me motherfucker so I will post what is meaningful and current to me.

Guest The Old Me

I'd have to say that CE is CE, and Rant is right IMO, what might mean alot to some, might mean very little to others.

Like everyone else said, you can't restrict to two topics for a day. You can however cut down Damaramu's 8 topics about how what Shane McMahon does is deplorable, get rid of Choken's spoiler topic which I've never actually seen spoilers in, Trivia's newsbits which are usually already known or posted elsewhere in more comprehendible fashion, the 2 or so topics a day about how HHH is going to ruin wrestling, the topics about how JR and King are horrible commentators (although there may not be any for a while), Anglesault bitching about some inhumanity, etc.

Hell, start today with these topics:

"It's official: HHH on HHHiatus"

"HHH's vendetta against RVD"

"Kevin Nash in Tampa, filming The Punisher"

What is meaningful to you means jack shit to me motherfucker so I will post what is meaningful and current to me.

That's nice. And if it's silliness like "The Shizzolator" it'll continue to be moved. (Which I had nothing to do with, incidentally.) Explain how that was a "current event."

Or have we redefined "current event" to include anything and everything that has recently had any kind of effect on your life? Anything that makes you laugh, think, or vomit? Anything at all?

Spare me the hoity-toity marching-to-a-different-drummer bullshit. The last two threads you posted were fine, even though I'm not personally interested in either of them. But it's simply foolish to pretend that your history in that forum is one of posting such threads. Mostly they've been of the "Man cuts own penis off" variety. And that, as chave said, belongs in GC. Not CE.

Yeah, a kyke is a Jew, as in: Standup comedian Judy Gold is a kyke dyke.

I've been dying to get that one in for a while.

What the hell kind of forums forbids making of recently deceased people? That's asinine, absurd, and, dare I say it, gay.

What the hell is that?

Sheltered young thing.

I've never heard it either.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

A kike, a yid, a hooknose, a heebie, I'M A RED SEA PEDESTRIAN, and PROUD OF IT!

Wewease...BWIAN~!

Dames, those rules are for shit. To me, TSM is just as much fun as it's always been, but implementing ridiculously restrictive rules like that would make it a lot less fun. Never mind that they would be much harder to enforce than our current rules set (which is still fine and relevant, IMO). I think our setup and our enforcement are both pretty dashed good, and I don't see one thing about either that needs to be changed.

I know you said you weren't going to implement them, but I still wanted to point out how shitty they'd be for TSM.

Guest The Old Me

What the hell is that?

Sheltered young thing.

I've never heard it either.

Dude, you must have seen "The Life Of Brian"! The bit where he's reeling off a list of names for Jews: "Kyke" is one of them...

Or the movie "School Ties" which has a bunch of Jew haters as well.

I thought the word was fairly known.