TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vern Gagne

Wesley Clark

Wanted to get everyone's thought on the guy. Does he have staying power? Personally,it seems he changes his stance on issues everytime he's on TV. He seems unprepared to run for office. One final thing. Why do democrats like this guy? Is beating President Bush; trump having a canidate who actually has the same core believes has you?

That's the problem. From a democrats view point doesn't the undecided on important issues leave you with alot of questions? Jobber answered already, but what about anyone else.

As JotW said, yesterday's debate was pretty boring. No one really moved anywhere. I won't be able to make an accurate assessment of Clark's strengths and weaknesses until he's been around for more than a couple of weeks.

I think he has a good chance of winning the Democratic nomination. He's a centrist which the DNC loves, plus he can't be criticized for being weak on national defense being the ex Commander of NATO and all. Plus constanly changing you stance is a Democratic tradition.

Well Limbaugh is already on the anti-Clark bus, not suprisingly, already claiming things like, "well gee, I don't think he was much of a general" Even though Rush got deferral from the draft because he had a boil on his ass.

Guest Choken One

I can't believe the Democrats...They can't muster ONE appealing candidate? Everyone looked horrible in the debate...

Well Limbaugh is already on the anti-Clark bus, not suprisingly, already claiming things like, "well gee, I don't think he was much of a general"

I loathe Rush Limbaugh as well, but that particular sentiment is shared by practically everyone who ever suffered the misfortune of working with Clark in a professional capacity.

I've heard that too.

Most people who worked with Clark in the military seem to think of him as the biggest asshole on the planet.

Yeah... check the second link in my sig. I'll reproduce the excerpt here in full for anyone who has sigs turned off.

"What do you think of General Wesley Clark and would you support him as a presidential candidate," was the question put to him by moderator Dick Henning, assuming that all military men stood in support of each other. General Shelton took a drink of water and Henning said, "I noticed you took a drink on that one!"

"That question makes me wish it were vodka," said Shelton. "I've known Wes for a long time. I will tell you the reason he came out of Europe early had to do with integrity and character issues, things that are very near and dear to my heart. I'm not going to say whether I'm a Republican or a Democrat. I'll just say Wes won't get my vote."

- Celebrity Forum, 09/12/03