TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anglesault

Angle vs. Cena

Guest Mulatto Heat
Bret Jobbed to Hakushi and never lost his footing...

Umm, when?

(Don't say IYH 1 - Bret won that match)

Guest Choken One

I'm aware but I believe Hakushi won a rematch...

Still he jobbed to a Old Part time wrestler and that didn't hurt him much either

Guest Anglesault
Angle can do what he wants, so he wants to play around with his buddy...so be it...Bret was forced to have a angle about a stolen jacket with a Pirate, A long never ending angle with a part time wrestler, Have a nonsensical borderline racist angle with Hakushi...and A crazed Senior Citizen.

No, he had a feud with HHH that was just there to show that HHH can beat him at will, a pointless, boring Mania feud with Kane, a two month feud with Edge over a T-shirt or something (that further established Angle was a worthless midcard buffoon), he curtain jerked Summerslam with Rey to prove that Rey was worthless (Angle: He's short! I'll beat him easy! Summerslam: Angle wins clean) that obviously did nothing for anyone, a multi-month Benoit feud that started for no reason whatsoever, made both men look like idiots, and wasn't actually blown off. It just kind of stopped, only to be started up again a month later.

And, of course, a feud with a crazed Senior Citizen. OVER A HAIRPIECE.

Guest Anglesault
I agree that Angle could be hurt by this, but my account, he's such a badass that he can recover.

Cena may have something to gain, if done right, although I almost do shudder at the thought if Angle jobbing to Cena right now.

I think Cena has a lot to lose as well.

Bascally, the only way that this feud should end is a clean Angle win. But what the hell does that do for Cena?

Nothing. I agree with that. And as I stated, Angle jobbing scares me a little, but I really think Angle can recover, so he'll be doing the job.

I'm sick of this "oh, Angle is bullet proof, so fuck him over" mentality. If they still plan on him MEing Mania, it's much easier to just keep him strong than job him out and hope the fans accept the rebuild.

Guest Choken One
Wasn't IY1 the one where Hakushi lost to Bret, only to interfere in Bret's Lawler match later that night?

Yes, It also feautured Lawler's "mother"...

Guest Mulatto Heat

*Quickly checks a RAW archives page*

Yeah, Bret and Hakushi had a rematch on July 24, 1995, that Bret won by submission.

But this is off the topic, so I'll leave it at that...

Well I remember that first IYH... it was decent. Ahh good old days... And I also remember they did a mini-injury angle with Diesel following that event. Like he was off a televised show (Raw maybe) and they kept showing those stills of Diesel being powerbombed or chokeslammed by Sid and they highlighted the spot where Diesel's elbow hit the mat.

Guest Choken One

I personally blocked that event out of my mind...

Only IYH2 gave anything decent on those IYH ppv's...of course that was the Incredible IC title match...although Hart/Bulldog was great it meant nothing more then letting Bret have fun as he held the belt for Shawn.

Guest thrall585
I actually prefer the WWF stuff from 1994-2001 over this crap we see now.

That is very broad. I actually prefer the WWF from 1987-2001 over the stuff we see now. :lol:

The shows now are MUCH better than the shows from September 2001 - February 2002 (which was one of the worst periods in WWE history).

I can't believe anyone is complaining about a Kurt Angle/John Cena fan. Seriously, nothing the WWE does will ever make some of you happy. Angle could be feuding with ANYONE new right now and people would be like "Waste of time!" Why doesn't Kurt Angle just quit since everything he does is a waste of time in your eyes!

Don't get so upset. A lot of people who have posted here are primarily puro fans, so their perspective isn't the same as yours. It'd be like if we invaded the puro folder and started bitching about creative.

Yeah, I was having a bad day today so my annoyance at some of the posting in this thread was more severe than usual. Thank you for your feedback.

I guess it's just that I hear a lot of whining how Cena isn't getting pushed, and now that he is being pushed people are still complaining. I don't think it hurts Cena at all to lose to Undertaker or Kurt Angle. Hell, even Triple H loses to Undertaker and Kurt Angle has cleanly beat Hulk Hogan and Brock Lesnar so there is no shame there either.

I want people to remember Kurt Angle's push in 2000. His push included losing to Rikishi and Too Cool. His push included getting squashed by Big Show. His first encounter with Undertaker resulted in a loss as well. Kurt Angle still got to where he is. Let's not fret if Cena's push is slow but steady, it really does seem like he is heading for the top now. I'll calm down, and hopefully other people will too.

I'm sick of this "oh, Angle is bullet proof, so fuck him over" mentality. If they still plan on him MEing Mania, it's much easier to just keep him strong than job him out and hope the fans accept the rebuild.

When was it reported Angle would be headlining Wrestlemania again?

Also, about the whole Bret/Hakushi thing. I think you people are confusing that with the jobs Bret did to Doink and Lawler. Which is even worst.

Guest Choken One

He lost to Lawler who used every single heel tactic possible...

As for Doink? You mean the match where he MURDERED AND MAIMED doink and only lost because the ref reveresed the decison after Bret got all FUCK THIS SHIT and went to break Doink in half?

I don't remember the whole feud but wasn't it Lawler he kept in the sharpshooter so the ref reversed the decision?

I just remember the cliq having the WWE as their personal playground at the time and being pissed because Bret was being "wasted" and deserved much better. Much like AS is with Angle these days.

Guest The Old Me
I agree that Angle could be hurt by this, but my account, he's such a badass that he can recover.

Cena may have something to gain, if done right, although I almost do shudder at the thought if Angle jobbing to Cena right now.

I think Cena has a lot to lose as well.

Bascally, the only way that this feud should end is a clean Angle win. But what the hell does that do for Cena?

Nothing. I agree with that. And as I stated, Angle jobbing scares me a little, but I really think Angle can recover, so he'll be doing the job.

I'm not saying this is what they should do. But it looks like this is what they WILL do. You should be happy that Angle is pretty bulletproof and can regain his heat with all the shitty ways they book him. It's not what I'd like Angle either, AS, but it's the only way their going to book him until Angle/Lesnar IV.

Guest Choken One
I don't remember the whole feud but wasn't it Lawler he kept in the sharpshooter so the ref reversed the decision?

I just remember the cliq having the WWE as their personal playground at the time and being pissed because Bret was being "wasted" and deserved much better. Much like AS is with Angle these days.

Difference is? Angle REQUESTED to do this Cena shit...

Bret didn't ask to play with a aging announcer and a Pirate.

Guest EternallyLazy
Plus, it'll be fun to prove you all wrong.

prove the smart marks wrong?? Impossible... if there's one constant theme on this board, other than the HHHate and the "rookie's who suck now will always suck" mentality, is that everyone... especially Anglesault, is always right. always... you could argue with 'sault over whether the world is round or flat, and to prove your point you could show him a globe, and he would come back at you with a map

as for my thoughts on the matter... I think it will rock. I doubt we'll see a **** wrestling clinique, but the feud should be highly entertaining. The Cena/Eddie feud was really good for what it was, and if they book it with intensity instead of comedy, which I think they will, it will be very good

Guest Anglesault
I can't believe anyone is complaining about a Kurt Angle/John Cena fan. Seriously, nothing the WWE does will ever make some of you happy. Angle could be feuding with ANYONE new right now and people would be like "Waste of time!" Why doesn't Kurt Angle just quit since everything he does is a waste of time in your eyes!

Don't get so upset. A lot of people who have posted here are primarily puro fans, so their perspective isn't the same as yours. It'd be like if we invaded the puro folder and started bitching about creative.

Yeah, I was having a bad day today so my annoyance at some of the posting in this thread was more severe than usual. Thank you for your feedback.

I guess it's just that I hear a lot of whining how Cena isn't getting pushed, and now that he is being pushed people are still complaining. I don't think it hurts Cena at all to lose to Undertaker or Kurt Angle. Hell, even Triple H loses to Undertaker and Kurt Angle has cleanly beat Hulk Hogan and Brock Lesnar so there is no shame there either.

I want people to remember Kurt Angle's push in 2000. His push included losing to Rikishi and Too Cool. His push included getting squashed by Big Show. His first encounter with Undertaker resulted in a loss as well. Kurt Angle still got to where he is. Let's not fret if Cena's push is slow but steady, it really does seem like he is heading for the top now. I'll calm down, and hopefully other people will too.

But what is going to be accomplished by Cena jobbing to Angle? It's not helping Cena, it's not helping Angle. It's pointless.

and if they book it with intensity instead of comedy, which I think they will

As evidenced by their last segment, where Angle played "I'm whiter than you"

Oh shit, how did I end up in this thread??

The show opened with John Cena's music hitting, and Kurt Angle coming to the ring dressed as Cena (complete with homeboy visor and Jacksonville Jaguars jersey). Angle "rapped" about how he (calling himself Cena) was so tough. This was entertaining and I won't spoil all the good lines he had. Then Kurt Angle's music hit, and a midget dressed as Angle came out. Some funny back and forth between the two took place. The midget scared off "Cena" eventually, then "Cena" tried to attack him, but was taken down. The midget then put "Cena" in the ankle lock, which made him tap out immediately. This brought out the real John Cena, and he and Angle exchanged words briefly before the midget Angle gave Cena a low blow. Some more back and forth, and finally officials separated the two men.

Oh shit, how did I post this?

RRR: Very confused right now.

So far, the feud between them looks lame and neither man is looking strong. It's rediculous and confusing booking that the WWE is accustomed to giving us, and I agree with Anglesault that this is a waste of Angle and Cena. Cena hasn't even resolved his feud with Eddy and didn't win the U.S. Title, and Angle is a World Title contender. There's a whole level for Cena to cross in order to face Angle. The Cena/Eddy feud was going well until they killed it. I did have high hopes for this feud around 5 months ago (I was thinking up good scenarios), and I thought it could be a good mini-feud, but Cena and Angle are on two different levels, and Cena practically came out of no where to feud with Angle. A horribly booked feud, at the wrong time = waste of time.

Oh, and I agree with MH, the Austin/Bret comparisons are crazy. Angle isn't close to Bret Hart's level and Cena can't even smell (let alone touch) Austin. There are some minor similarities to their personas, but that's it.

I just swept aside the Austin/Hart comment, why the hell do most people not do the same ?

I can't see any good really coming of this, but I can't really see any bad coming of it either.

Angle wins, and Cena has been beaten by a legit main eventer, big deal, it won't harm anyone. If Cena wins, Cena has beaten a legit main eventer not long after beating The Undertaker on SD which at least says that it wasn't a fluke. So that won't harm Angle. People are LOOKING for reasons to put this match down.