TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MrRant

Man Sues After Being Locked in Toilet

NORFOLK, Va. - A sudden, irresistible urge. A portable toilet. A confrontation with an angry construction worker. Now, a federal lawsuit.

William Tremmel, 68, of Altoona, Pa., needed to go. Badly. So he dashed to the nearest portable toilet on the Virginia Beach boardwalk.

Problem was, it belonged to construction workers for Weeks Marine, a company hired by the city to replenish the beach. And those workers were fed up with outsiders using the company can.

They retaliated, Tremmel claims in a lawsuit filed last month, by driving a bulldozer or front-end loader to the toilet and blocking the doorway, pinning him "inside the rank tomb."

Tremmel is seeking $100,000 for the Aug. 19, 2001, incident.

Weeks doesn't deny its employee blocked Tremmel in the toilet but says the worker was within his rights.

Tremmel says he was locked inside for 25 minutes. He claims members of his family shouted at the worker, but the man left and returned with his foreman, who chastised Tremmel through the closed door and accused him of trespassing.

Tremmel says the "abduction and false imprisonment" caused him "humiliation, mortification, shame, vilification, injury to his feelings, mental suffering, insult and indignity." Tremmel and his wife were celebrating their anniversary.

The lawsuit also says Tremmel has emphysema, was recovering from prostate surgery and had undergone double-bypass heart surgery.

Weeks Marine denied that the workers chastised Tremmel or that he was locked in the toilet for almost half an hour. Weeks says in court papers that its workers believed blocking Tremmel's exit was "reasonable" because he was "wrongfully using the port-o-let."

No hearing date has been set.

Guest Fook

"Hey you! Dump 3 tons of sand onto that Port-a-potty!"

"Hey! You can't tell my voice from a 10 year old kid's? Aye carumba!"

Guest TheGame2705

They were within their rights to block someone in a small area that they could have suffocated in? I wish in cases like this they could go overboard, say it was attempted murder and put the driver and foreman in jail for about 30 yrs. or so.

EDIT: :lol:

Edited by TheGame2705

I doubt he could have suffocated - aren't most port-a-potties ventilated in some way?

That said, locking the guy in there is just flat out mean. I'd sue, but I probably would've gone totally insane - I don't like being locked in places.

They were within their rights to block someone in a small area that they could have suffocated in? I wish in cases like this they could go overboard, say it was attempted murder and put the driver and forearm in jail for about 30 yrs. or so.

Well, obviously the man's forearm is going to go to jail too. I'd wager that both his elbow and knee will be going to jail too.....

.....wait, you meant foreMAN ? Shit, my bad. Anyway, yeah, fuck them, I'd sue too.

The lawsuit also says Tremmel has emphysema, was recovering from prostate surgery and had undergone double-bypass heart surgery.

I think that's a key point right there. A 68-year-old man, recovering from surgery on his groin, probably doesn't have the greatest bladder control in the world. If he says he HAD to use the toilet, I'd believe him.

Guest ToddRoyal
because he was "wrongfully using the port-o-let."

Officially the best legal defense of all time.