TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

One & Only MLB playoff discussion thread

It will be forgotton by the simple fact that they have assembled enough young talent for a dynasty (dare I say, Braves style at least) and at the very least a new stadium.

This is going to revive baseball in Miami.

Getting ahead of yourself much? Has this owner shown where he is going to be willing to spend the millions of dollars to keep Castillo, Lowell, Urbina and Pudge?

Fuck. I am mainly a White Sox and Cardinals fan (and to a lesser extent, the Yankees) but the Cubs are one of my hometown teams and I've watched more of their agmes than anyone's over the years since my dad's side of the family loves the team. After being so excited over the greatest MLB playoffs I have ever seen (watched since '96), my enthusiasm has been sapped.

I like the Yanks and Marlins, but I so wanted to see a Cubs/BoSox series... but it is not to be. I was also hoping to maybe go to a Series game in Chicago... also not to be.

Over in Springfield, my grandpa is probably having his 3rd heart attack. The one and only positive is that we have a good chance of seeing Mike Wilbon go legitimately fucking nuts on PTI tomorrow.

He spent the money to get them, didn't he? He added payroll during the season. Pudge wants to stay. Castillo will stay.

I have faith that they won't fuck it up again. They know better this time around, they HAVE to.

Pardon my ignorance, but can you guys give me a full explanation as to how Florida raped the game, I mean, was it basically them buying a bunch of players for a World Series ring than disbanding them a year later?

It's still amazing that those guys had enough chemistry even though they had never played together before.

Guest Choken One

It ended the innocence that baseball was great for, It showed that baseball was truely a game for corporation profit seeking assholes, who didn't care about the game or fans...just their pockets...

The 1997 marlins basically said FUCK YOU to the fans of the game.

Guest Dmann2000
Ah well-

2004- YEAR OF THE REDS

sure why not...better then Florida.

They kept Larkin, that's a glimmer- though they gave up Boone

I remmember '90- Shut out the A's 4-0

I want that feeling again.

What's this Yankees/Marlins crap? AL still has one game left. REMEMBER?

You all wrote the Sox off by the 5th inning tonight. So, let's wait to see who's doing what before you send off any wedding invitations.

Alright gentlemen, I have to peace out for the night, I have a problem set due tomorrow morning that I haven't even started yet.

GO MARLINS BABY!!!

It will be forgotton by the simple fact that they have assembled enough young talent for a dynasty (dare I say, Braves style at least) and at the very least a new stadium.

This is going to revive baseball in Miami.

Like it did in 1997?

Only bright spot of Marlins/Yankees...

Pudge has the chance to get a ring.

Seriously...that's it.

Guest Choken One
What's this Yankees/Marlins crap? AL still has one game left. REMEMBER?

You all wrote the Sox off by the 5th inning tonight. So, let's wait to see who's doing what before you send off any wedding invitations.

we dont' want the sox now, the appeal is dead.

Might as well fully insert the knife.

Guest Choken One
So was it the buying of the players, or the letting go?

The letting go...No one minds buying the players but letting them go just to make a profit raped the game.